Solved

T-Mobile Money

• 24 February 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

Anyone else finds it annoying that we cannot download transaction history from T-Mobile Money?  Since T-Mobile blocks the Aggregators for Personal Capital, Quicken, Nerdwallet, Banktivity and Mint, it should at minimum allow it's customers to download a QFX, CSV or XLSX file.  We could then import the data into a program of our own choosing to manage our financial prospects. Every other financial institution I have ever dealt with offers transaction history downloads. Even T-Mobile offers a download of the phone call and text usage. So why not offer with T-Mobile Money? 

Valuable features and Great Customer Service is what keeps customers coming back. C'mon T-Mobile, get moving!

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 26 February 2020, 18:09

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

We hear what you're saying and we definitely want to help. This'll be something you'll want to bring up to our dedicated support line for T-Mobile MONEY. Please reach out using that link for help with your transaction history.

Agree!  I would really appreciate the ability to download my transactions to Quicken!

Same here… Very annoying.   Quicken allows me to verify my accounts each day for anomalous and/or unexpected activity. 

Security issue not just convenience

When are they going to add the ability to use Personal Capital?

Userlevel 2
Badge

It's really annoying that I can't import my data from T-Mobile Money into personal finance apps, especially when the actual bank AND it's parent company both allow apps to import transaction data from their accounts natively.

Customer Bank allows it.

BankMobile allows it (including at least 2 of their third party banking partners, similar to T-Mobile Money).

There is no reasonable excuse for T-Mobile to deny us this essential functionality.

My budget is upside down because I'm setting aside large amounts of money per month, but on paper (figuratively speaking), I'm broke.

Userlevel 1

My 2 cents….

1. @tmo_mike_c this is not solved and the link you gave is essentially useless.
  2. If they don’t want to allow Quicken to automatically link the at least allow a download.  Now that Money required 10 transactions to enjoy the higher interest rate that is 10 transactions we have to do by hand.  I understand why they did this so they can earn the fees on the transaction but wpita.
  3. On T-Mobile main sign on you can ask for either email or text verification but on Money only text verification which his a bad thing (granted many of my other financial accounts have the same problem - the worse two factor option)  How about adding on of the authenticators?
  4. The debit card need to be brought into the new century with contactless swipe for both security and health.  My other two banks have this so lets go Money lets do this.  I guess since this 10 transaction requirement is in effect will use google pay.

Another vote for the ability to either link to Quicken or at least allow me to download transactions and import them into Quicken. Please T-Mobile, give us this functionality.

Without downloadable transactions, I will not even attempt to use T-mobile money. If I use one more account to keep my money, I need to integrate it for budgeting and tracking spending with all my other accounts. 

Any new news on this?  

Without downloadable transactions, I will not even attempt to use T-mobile money. If I use one more account to keep my money, I need to integrate it for budgeting and tracking spending with all my other accounts. 

I’m seriously considering not using my T-Mobile Money account and may even close it. I use Quicken and have a hard time making sure all my debit card transactions get in there, so reconciling is a royal pain. Bask Bank has an internet savings account that pays 4.25% annual. I’ve moved most of my cash from TMM to Bask. Why bother counting debit transactions to get 4% on $3000 when I use my credit union checking account and save at Bask? Both of those accounts do direct connect. In fact ALL of my other accounts download to Quicken. TMM has lost its value to me. Oh well. 

Thanks for the info on BASK.  I have already moved most money out of TMM because of the inability to track income and expenses without hand loading the data.  Just not worth the time and hassle.  The BASK connection looks like the final reason to cut this connection all together.  

TMM was a good alternative back in the day but they didn’t keep up.

Thanks for the info on BASK.  I have already moved most money out of TMM because of the inability to track income and expenses without hand loading the data.  Just not worth the time and hassle.  The BASK connection looks like the final reason to cut this connection all together.  

TMM was a good alternative back in the day but they didn’t keep up.

Agreed. TMM has not kept up. One caveat about Bask that’s now paying 4.45% APY: Bask has issues connecting to some other institutions to push and pull money (ACH) transactions. For my institutions that Bask can’t connect to (reports invalid RTN), I’ve been able to connect to Bask from those FIs. Not a big deal once I contacted Bask support and got the skinny. Best to you.