Question

T-Mobile New Phone Order, Default Sim Card added to purchase

Badge

Hello.  I have a bit of a problem.  I ordered a new 5G phone for my mother since her 3G network is being discontinued.  The text she received stated that she need to Upgrade.  I found the phone see wanted, added it to the Cart.  When I looked at the Cart, a SIM CARD was automatically included for me to purchase by default.  I didn’t think anything of it.  Paid for the phone on my Debit Card.  As I went back to check on the other phones-- wanting to possibly get one for myself, I saw a PRE-PAID sim card, next to the SIM CARD (that was added to my cart by Default).  My mom is on a PAY AS YOU GO (old 2014 plan), and I wanted to get her on the T-Mobile CONNECT Prepaid 1000 min/1000 text/1gb data.  Is the DEFAULT Sim Card that was added with the phone automatically, the CORRECT SIM or do I have to return it?  Thank you to the community.  You have been very helpful in answer my questions in the past.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

For the new phone to work on the 5G network your mom will need a new sim.

Badge

Ok.  Do you happen to know why there is a PREPAID 3-in-1 SIM Card offered for next to a Regular Sim Card?  Is there a difference?  T-Mobile Connect is supposedly a Prepaid service I wanted to get for my mom.  So I was confused if I need to BUY the Prepaid 3-in-1 Sim, and not the one that was automatically applied to my Cart on checkout.  I am still a bit confused..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Not sure about that. I don't work for Tmobile so I don't know why a clerk did that, too many iffs. Was it a mistake, were they not properly trained and so on.