T mobile offer not honored

• 11 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I am a sprint customer for about 15 years. I just got a letter in the mail from Tmobile saying I qualify for a over 55 plan and a new Iphone 12. The letter clearly states the phone is zero down and 27.67 a month for 24 months. It has an offer code. I took the letter to my local T mobile store and they at first said since I was a Sprint customer I did not qualify and the letter was a mistake. I called T mobile and the rep said the letter was not a mistake and they didnt know why the store would not honor it. I go back to the store and they now say they will honor the phone plan but not the 27,67 a month for the phone because that is not the full retail price. They were very happy to sign me up for the plan and sell me a phone at full retail which I refused. The store rep told me he would migrate my phone number to T mobile and “try to get this deal for me.” I told him not try, dont use the word try, either you can get me what the letter says or not. When he said no, I left. I feel like this letter is just a bait and switch to try and get people over to T mobile, sign up and then when you discover on the bill that the phone costs more, now you are stuck because you signed an agreement. I am so disappointed in Tmobile. I was a sprint customer for years and never had anything like this happen. 

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’d suggest reaching out to T Force on facebook or twitter. The folks who work that are 

1. More knowledgeable
  2. More helpful

I’ve interacted with them twice and both times were positive outcomes. Hopefully, they can make this right for you.

Badge

After looking at what AT&T offered (30 months for the same rate) I agreed the letter was probably a mistake. OK fine 27.67 for 30 months (full retail for the phone). But THEN the rep said since my phone numbers were coming from a business account, they could only sign me up for a Tmobile business plan for 90 days. Anybody ever hear of this?? The business plan cost twice as much as the 55 essentials plan I wanted. The rep said I shouldnt worry because HE PERSONALLY would credit my phone bill for the next 3 billing cycles and then I could switch over to the consumer essentials 55 plan. They would give me nothing in writing about this credit until I insisted the rep write a letter on their letterhead detailing I was entitled to this credit for 90 days. Doesnt mean much but at least I got something in writing. The next day I call Tmobile and it took about 20 minutes for the customer service rep (a very nice person) to switch me over from my business plan to the Essentials 55 plan. All I had to do was pass a credit check and agree to be personally financially responsible for the account. Thats it. I now wonder if the letter was a mistake and I feel like the store was just trying to get another couple hundred dollars out of me with this “ you have to have a business plan for 90 days before you can switch to a consumer plan”. Anybody ever have to buy a more expensive plan in order to get the cheaper phone plan later on?? I feel like I was taken advantage of.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Another good thing about T Force on facebook is that YOU have a written record of the chat.

Unfortunately I don’t think they explained things correctly and that’s why there’s confusion. As a sprint customer you technically already are a TMobile customer and do not qualify for the new account deals. I understand you received the mailer and I know how that happened. When eligibility is determined for those mailers it’s based off a system check of if your info is in the database. Being you are on a business plan, there’s different credentials attached to those (FEIN instead of SSN) hence why you got a mailer because they didn’t see you as a current customer based on 55+ being only available on personal accounts with a SSN. Systematically you can be migrated from Sprint to TMobile it keeps the same account type and since it was a business account, it migrates to the same. Then a change of ownership/responsibility would need to be completed to move it to a personal account. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@rmilling I was looking for a specific offer that included the 55 plan and an iPhone and wasn’t able to find it. Is it possible this was 2 separate offers? We do have a dedicated offer page for iPhone deals. I’d start there to see if any of those match what’s in the letter. If it’s on that offers page and is still active, you can definitely redeem it.

T-Mobile doesn’t offer anything,  it’s all words to make them sound good and To get you migrated over to T-Mobile as fast as possible. They were supposed to roll out the ‘Sprint forward’ initiative in august and  all ‘sprint select customers’( long term )got emails with real enticing info and offers for us long loyal and dedicated customers in which zero were delivered upon by tmobile.  When asked about these exclusive deals. I was read the same thingone lie after another, the”tech up “deals , get upgrades without being locked into a rate plan, our plans matched for at least three years and pricing exclusive to sprint swlecand have more perks and promotions and deals for putting up with this T-Mobile bullying. For a decade I worked to get where I was with oSprint and their customer service was unlike any other and that’s why I stayed so long. T-Mobile has done nothing but lie and Pawn me off to another uninformed associate after another. Some of them would rather belittle you then to admit they don’t know the answer. One supervisor in the Springfield call center knew I was being treated unfairly and still told me it was my fault that their associates “migrated my account in correctly and d asleep because I didn’t go to the store so they could sucker me and trap me for another 2years. Also,  when they don’t know the answer or if they were wrong they say they will  call you back and never do because they’ve don’t know the answers and they’re not trained properly and their call centers over seas gives different information consistently. I will never recommend tmobile as a matter fact I will steer others away. It’s us long loyal customers who’s gonna make you successful. Or not!

I was offered a promotion. Month later, had to call to find out why it was not applied. I was told the original rep made a mistake and I had to upgrade my plan. IF IT WAS ME THAT DIDNT HONOR THE AGREEMENT, I WOULD BE IN COLLECTIONS. Reluctantly I upgraded my plan. Month later, still no promotion and I called again. Was told that the promotion was only available through the Apple store but it would be fixed...mind you, I already traded in my old phone so impossible to get it back. Never fixed, no promotion. Called again this month and was told the promotion is only for a different plan and needed to upgrade the plan again. Aside from all this, a total of 6 lines were activated on my account over the last year without permission and when I called to get it fixed, I was still charged for the time the lines were active. On top of that, protection plans keep showing up and I have to keep calling to get them removed. 

This is not only a breach of contract but also unfair and deceptive business practices which I cant seem to get anyone to help with. Totally one sided. Just a large corporation taking advantage or average people with bait and switch tactics, and hidden or surprise charges. 

IVE BEEN WITH TMOBILE FOR 10 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM UNTIL NOW. If this doesn't get resolved, I will sue T-Mobile and cost the corporation more money to defend than it would to just do the right thing and honor the agreement bargained. THE CORPROATION AS A WHOLE MIGHT NOT CARE ABOUT IT BUT I IMAGING THE STOCK HOLDERS MIGHT BE UNHAPPY ABOUT SPENDING MONEY FOR SCREW UPS AND BAD PUBLICITY FOR A TARNISHED BRAND. Fortunately, I am a lawyer so don’t have to spend money but will cost my time and it is sad most people would just be forced to pay through collections. 

BAD BUSINESS TMOBILE.