Question

T-Mobile rep STOLE my credit card info.

• 28 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I recently called in to setup a hotspot account and to purchase the sim I gave the T-Mobile rep a virtual card I had setup specifically for this one transaction. Long story short I only gave this card number to the T-Mobile rep and a week later this very same card number was used by this rep in an attempt to make a purchase. Luckily my bank stopped the transaction and I was able to cancel the card however this rep was given more info than just my card number and I am worried that it may be used for further fraudulent activity. I have tried calling customer service 4 times and was literally hung up on every time. I also tried calling sales who just tells me to call customer service. I even tried having a sales rep contact customer service with me to report the incident but as soon as the sales rep passed me off the customer service rep hung up on me. I don’t understand how a company can get away with operating like this it is unbelievable. I feel like I am somehow the crazy one here because it seems like every one of their reps is somehow in on it! Anyway, I am sure there are many others who have dealt with something like this so just wanna know if you were able to get any type of resolution or even just able to successfully report it to T-Mobile?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

try contacting them thru their Facebook page.

contact the T-force people they seem to be able to take care of matters like this. also, you should get the police involved. 

Badge

the t-mobile rep here in boynton beach stole my phone. He never turned it in and they have no record of me trading in my phone for the 800 credit. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I know it's too late to tell you this now but in the future Make sure you get a receipt from the salesperson for any Device you Trade in. If they tell you that they cannot give you one they are not telling you the Truth and you should not trust them.

As far as your phone not being turned contact the Local Police and file a report for the theft of your device. Then contact Tmobile and inform them of the situation with your Device. Include as many details as you remember and also the salespersons name you interacted with.

My wife and I switched to TMobile thinking we were getting 2 Brand New Devices and keeping our numbers from prior carrier.

1. It was close to closing so everything was rushed. The Rep told us everything we have at the prior carrier we will have now and have better service, new devices, replacement insurance, unlimited 5g, longer battery life, scam shield premuum, visual voicemail, 3 way calling blah, blah, blah. We opted for the Google Pixel 7. They only had 1 and 1 Pixel 7a. We took those 2 devices, purchased otter box defender cases and 2 screen protectors. We paid for everything up-front. Including the taxes. So we left the store, went home, charge them up completely, then started learning how to use these new devices. After a couple of days of barely using the phones, my wife logged into her Amazon account and woe, somebody elses name and credit card shows up. RED FLAG. AMAZON REMEMBERS YOUR DEVICES. T-MOBILE SOLD US REFURBISHED PHONES. THE ONLY WAY AMAZON WOULD HAVE THE PRIOR OWNER OF THIS PHONE NAME, TELEPHONE NUMBER, DEVICE, AND CREDIT CARD ON DISPLAY IS IF THIS DEVICE BELONGED TO THE PERSON WHOS INFORMATION IS SHOWING UP ON AMAZON WHEN SHE OPENS THE APP. NEEDLESS TO SAY MY WIFE IS PISSED. WE PAID CLOSE TO 1K IN THE STORE AND THEY SOLD US EITHER PREVIOUSLY USED, PREVIOUSLY RETURNED, OR REFURBISHED PHONES. WHEN WE CALLED IN ABOUT IT THEY TRIED GIVING US THE SAME GARBAGE THEY TELL EVERYONE ELSE. WE VERIFIED THIS THROUGH GOOGLE THAT THESE ARE NOT BRAND NEW PHONES. WE ARE ALL NOT AS DUMB AS THEY THINK AND WE ARE VERY RESOURCEFUL, AND HAVE CONTACTS THAT STRETCH FAR AND WIDE AND WAY UP THE TMOBILE CHAIN. FORTUNATELY OF COURSE. OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE REPLACING THESE PHONES WITH NEW ONES. 1 REP GUARANTEES THAT THEY WILL BE BRAND NEW NEVER OPENED FROM GOOGLE. ANOTHER REP SAYS SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHY THEY WOULD TELL US THAT BECAUSE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO SELL US ANYTHING OTHER THAN A BRAND NEW PHONE. FOLKS, DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU. THEY CAN NOT GET OUR NUMBERS PORTED INTO OUR PHONES BECAUSE THEY "ONBOARDED US WRONG" IS THE PHRASE THEY USED. WE THOUGHT IF WE LEFT METRO WHO IS OWNED BY TMOBILE NOW THAT WHY PAY FOR 2ND RATE THROTTLED DOWN SERVICE WHEN WE CAN JUST SWITCH TO TMOBILE. BAD CHOICE. COSTED US A TON OF MONEY, AGGRAVATION, AND LOSS OF NUMBERS WE HAVE HAD FOR 10+ YRS. WE REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE PHONES THEY WANT TO REPLACE THESE WITH BECAUSE THEN WE ARE STUCK IN A 2YR CONTRACT IF WE ALLOW THEM TO TAKE THESE PHONES AND SWEEP THIS UNDER THE RUG. THEY BROKE THE CONTRACT WHEN THEY INTENTIONALLY DECEIVED US AND SOLD US USED OR WHATEVER TERM YOU WANT TO GIVE IT, NOT BRAND NEW PHONES. THEY WANT TO USE OUR HANDSET PROTECTION INSURANCE TO REPLACE THESE PHONES AND WANT US TO PAY THE FEE. ARE YOU SERIOUS? WE ARE NOT PAYING FOR THEM TO USE OUR INSURANCE TO KEEP THIS GAME GOING. I DO KNOW THIS. THE EMPLOYEES ARE EITHER SHADY AND KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING OR THIS IS HOW TMOBILE IS DECEIVING ALL CUSTOMERS WHO OPT FOR THE "DEVICE ON US".THEY MAY BE SELLING REFURBISHED PHONES AS NEW PHONES TO EVERYONE FOR ALL WE KNOW. WELL, WE WERE TOLD THAT WE WOULD BE SAVING MONEY BECAUSE THE HOME INTERNET IS 30.00 A MONTH INSTEAD OF THE 55.00 A MONTH WE WERE PAYING AT METRO. WE GO FROM HAVING UNLIMITED 5G WITH AMAZON PRIME AND SCAM SHIELD PREMIUM FOR 120.00 A MONTH FOR 2 LINES UP TO 4 LINES AND PAYING 5.00 MONTH FOR PHP WHICH INCLUDED MCAFEE. AND NOW WE ARE PAYING 150.00 A MONTH FOR 2 LINES, AND 13.00 A MONTH PER LINE FOR PHP WITH MCAFEE AND AAA, AND NETFLIX. LOOKED AT MY BILL AND THE NETFLIX IS CHARGING US MONEY FOR PREMIUM SERVICE. WE DIDN'T ASK FOR OR WANT NETFLIX MUCH LESS THE PREMUUM THAT COSTS ME MONEY. BOTTOM LINE IS ALL CELLPHONE COMPANIES ARE ALL ALIKE. THEY LIE, CHEAT, AND STEAL FROM CUSTOMERS. THEY CAN RUIN YOUR DAY IF YOU LET THEM. WE WILL GO THE DISTANCE NO MATTER THE COST. IT'S ABOUT PRINCIPLE. YOU WILL NOT GET OVER ON US T-MOBILE. I'M STUPID AND I'M THE ONE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TRIED TO RIP OFF. SOMEONE AT T-MOBILE WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, PROBABLY LOSE THEIR JOB AND POSSIBLY BE PROSECUTED. I DON'T WISH THIS TO HAPPEN BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAND UP FOR WHATS RIGHT. ID RATHER YOU TELL ME YOUR GONNA SCREW ME THAN TO FIND OUT YOU ALREADY SCREWED ME. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES FROM EVERYTHING WE HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH AND FROM EVERYTHING I'M READING ON HERE. I'M FAIR AND WE WILL GIVE TMOBILE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CORRECT THE WRONG. ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. SO FOLKS, STAY TUNED. I'LL UPDATE AFTER WE GO TO THE T-MOBILE STORE. WISH US LUCK AND WE HOPE THEY WILL STOP DOING PEOPLE WRONG. THANK YOU. GOOD NIGHT 

Userlevel 1

My wife and I switched to TMobile thinking we were getting 2 Brand New Devices and keeping our numbers from prior carrier.

1. It was close to closing so everything was rushed. The Rep told us everything we have at the prior carrier we will have now and have better service, new devices, replacement insurance, unlimited 5g, longer battery life, scam shield premuum, visual voicemail, 3 way calling blah, blah, blah. We opted for the Google Pixel 7. They only had 1 and 1 Pixel 7a. We took those 2 devices, purchased otter box defender cases and 2 screen protectors. We paid for everything up-front. Including the taxes. So we left the store, went home, charge them up completely, then started learning how to use these new devices. After a couple of days of barely using the phones, my wife logged into her Amazon account and woe, somebody elses name and credit card shows up. RED FLAG. AMAZON REMEMBERS YOUR DEVICES. T-MOBILE SOLD US REFURBISHED PHONES. THE ONLY WAY AMAZON WOULD HAVE THE PRIOR OWNER OF THIS PHONE NAME, TELEPHONE NUMBER, DEVICE, AND CREDIT CARD ON DISPLAY IS IF THIS DEVICE BELONGED TO THE PERSON WHOS INFORMATION IS SHOWING UP ON AMAZON WHEN SHE OPENS THE APP. NEEDLESS TO SAY MY WIFE IS PISSED. WE PAID CLOSE TO 1K IN THE STORE AND THEY SOLD US EITHER PREVIOUSLY USED, PREVIOUSLY RETURNED, OR REFURBISHED PHONES. WHEN WE CALLED IN ABOUT IT THEY TRIED GIVING US THE SAME GARBAGE THEY TELL EVERYONE ELSE. WE VERIFIED THIS THROUGH GOOGLE THAT THESE ARE NOT BRAND NEW PHONES. WE ARE ALL NOT AS DUMB AS THEY THINK AND WE ARE VERY RESOURCEFUL, AND HAVE CONTACTS THAT STRETCH FAR AND WIDE AND WAY UP THE TMOBILE CHAIN. FORTUNATELY OF COURSE. OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE REPLACING THESE PHONES WITH NEW ONES. 1 REP GUARANTEES THAT THEY WILL BE BRAND NEW NEVER OPENED FROM GOOGLE. ANOTHER REP SAYS SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHY THEY WOULD TELL US THAT BECAUSE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO SELL US ANYTHING OTHER THAN A BRAND NEW PHONE. FOLKS, DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU. THEY CAN NOT GET OUR NUMBERS PORTED INTO OUR PHONES BECAUSE THEY "ONBOARDED US WRONG" IS THE PHRASE THEY USED. WE THOUGHT IF WE LEFT METRO WHO IS OWNED BY TMOBILE NOW THAT WHY PAY FOR 2ND RATE THROTTLED DOWN SERVICE WHEN WE CAN JUST SWITCH TO TMOBILE. BAD CHOICE. COSTED US A TON OF MONEY, AGGRAVATION, AND LOSS OF NUMBERS WE HAVE HAD FOR 10+ YRS. WE REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE PHONES THEY WANT TO REPLACE THESE WITH BECAUSE THEN WE ARE STUCK IN A 2YR CONTRACT IF WE ALLOW THEM TO TAKE THESE PHONES AND SWEEP THIS UNDER THE RUG. THEY BROKE THE CONTRACT WHEN THEY INTENTIONALLY DECEIVED US AND SOLD US USED OR WHATEVER TERM YOU WANT TO GIVE IT, NOT BRAND NEW PHONES. THEY WANT TO USE OUR HANDSET PROTECTION INSURANCE TO REPLACE THESE PHONES AND WANT US TO PAY THE FEE. ARE YOU SERIOUS? WE ARE NOT PAYING FOR THEM TO USE OUR INSURANCE TO KEEP THIS GAME GOING. I DO KNOW THIS. THE EMPLOYEES ARE EITHER SHADY AND KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING OR THIS IS HOW TMOBILE IS DECEIVING ALL CUSTOMERS WHO OPT FOR THE "DEVICE ON US".THEY MAY BE SELLING REFURBISHED PHONES AS NEW PHONES TO EVERYONE FOR ALL WE KNOW. WELL, WE WERE TOLD THAT WE WOULD BE SAVING MONEY BECAUSE THE HOME INTERNET IS 30.00 A MONTH INSTEAD OF THE 55.00 A MONTH WE WERE PAYING AT METRO. WE GO FROM HAVING UNLIMITED 5G WITH AMAZON PRIME AND SCAM SHIELD PREMIUM FOR 120.00 A MONTH FOR 2 LINES UP TO 4 LINES AND PAYING 5.00 MONTH FOR PHP WHICH INCLUDED MCAFEE. AND NOW WE ARE PAYING 150.00 A MONTH FOR 2 LINES, AND 13.00 A MONTH PER LINE FOR PHP WITH MCAFEE AND AAA, AND NETFLIX. LOOKED AT MY BILL AND THE NETFLIX IS CHARGING US MONEY FOR PREMIUM SERVICE. WE DIDN'T ASK FOR OR WANT NETFLIX MUCH LESS THE PREMUUM THAT COSTS ME MONEY. BOTTOM LINE IS ALL CELLPHONE COMPANIES ARE ALL ALIKE. THEY LIE, CHEAT, AND STEAL FROM CUSTOMERS. THEY CAN RUIN YOUR DAY IF YOU LET THEM. WE WILL GO THE DISTANCE NO MATTER THE COST. IT'S ABOUT PRINCIPLE. YOU WILL NOT GET OVER ON US T-MOBILE. I'M STUPID AND I'M THE ONE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TRIED TO RIP OFF. SOMEONE AT T-MOBILE WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, PROBABLY LOSE THEIR JOB AND POSSIBLY BE PROSECUTED. I DON'T WISH THIS TO HAPPEN BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAND UP FOR WHATS RIGHT. ID RATHER YOU TELL ME YOUR GONNA SCREW ME THAN TO FIND OUT YOU ALREADY SCREWED ME. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES FROM EVERYTHING WE HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH AND FROM EVERYTHING I'M READING ON HERE. I'M FAIR AND WE WILL GIVE TMOBILE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CORRECT THE WRONG. ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. SO FOLKS, STAY TUNED. I'LL UPDATE AFTER WE GO TO THE T-MOBILE STORE. WISH US LUCK AND WE HOPE THEY WILL STOP DOING PEOPLE WRONG. THANK YOU. GOOD NIGHT 

The store is no better. Just fcc or bbb them. I got some issues resolved but not all. Hopefully a class action lawsuit is brewing....