Solved

T Mobile sales reps lie

• 18 March 2018
  • 8 replies

I am so tired of the T Mobile sales reps trying to sell me stuff everytime I go into a store to get a phone or change my rate plan.  There is always a catch. If you want to change your phone plan you have to get a free tablet or that stupid SyncUP device for your car which I do not need and is a waste for me! Last month I went to the T Mobile in Redlands, CA to get a new phone and the sales rep totally lied to me! She said she could save me money if I get the phone and 3 items which was the cell phone cover, the protector and either a speaker or a headset. So unfortunately she SUCKERED me into it and now my bill is almost $20 higher than it was! How is that saving me money!! Why can't I just get a phone without some sales rep trying to sucker me into getting accessories that I don't need and making my bill higher just so they can get their commission!  I am on a budget and now I am stuck with all these accessories just so this girl can get

her commission.  You guys lie to customers! As soon as all this is paid for I am cancelling my plan with you guys.  I am so tempted to report this to the Better Business Bureau! If a person wants to change their phone plan or buy a phone we should not be forced to get other accessories that are not needed just so

the Sales Rep can make an extra buck! T Mobile are swindlers!!!

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 23 March 2018, 00:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I agree that you shouldn't be forced to get things you don't need, so if this is what we did at the store, my apologies for that. Normally if there's an incentive to lower your cost, it's normally done with the rate plan only. Did the store rep give you specifics as to how buying the phone and combination of accessories would make your bill lower? Have you spoken with the sales rep you talked to about the charges you discussed a month ago and had them go over what they offered you to clear this up? I'd like to look into this further but I don't see any kind of promo or company incentives that relate to what you're talking about.

Userlevel 3

Hi, @magenta4424902 and welcome to our Support Community!

I wish we were meeting on better terms but we appreciate you coming here to share your experience. Mike asked some helpful questions above that'll help us get to the bottom of this. Please get back to us so we can start looking into this.

I went to purchase the LG K20 phone and the Sales Rep who helped me pulled out a paper and looked up some prices.  She said that I would have to pay $40 and some change in taxes to get the phone. She then looked at the paper again and was doing some calculations and said she could save me some money if I get 3 accessories. I would only have to pay $18.99 if I got the phone with the 3 accessories and said I would only be paying $11.00 more on my bill. So I fell for it and was told I can get a phone screen protector, the phone case and a choice of a speaker or headsets. I chose the speaker and the other 2 items mentioned. After I left the store I looked at my receipt and realized that she was saving me money on the sales tax not on my monthly bill. Total for these items came out to $244.97 and I only paid for the sales tax of 18.99. So how is this saving me money when the Sales Rep suggested I get these 3 items and now my monthy bill is going to be higher?  No sure where she got the $11.00 a month added to my bill because the total for the accessories including the monthly lease for the LG phone is $27.57 a month. Also included in this bill is a $2.50 Premium voicemail charge that I was not told about. She just added this onto my plan. This is why I get upset everytime I go into a T Mobile store and am told that I have to purchase something to get the better deal whether its a new phone or to change my plan. I just don't understand how or where the Sales Rep came up with the $11.00 more a month figure when the total is actually $27.57 Now I have to pay for this charge for the next 24 months!

Userlevel 3

Thanks for getting back to me, @magenta4424902​! It's 100% understandable why you don't like going into our stores only to find yourself paying more $ every month. This sounds like a confusing store visit when it comes to the billing. Once you walked out of the store and realized the math, did you go back into the store to return the accessories? As far as the voicemail feature, it may have been free for the first 30 days, but this is something you should've been made aware of. You can cancel this service and see if we're able to refund you the amount that has been charged by dialing 611 or working with our social media team, T-Force, via Facebook and Twitter. I'm truly sorry that the purchase of the accessories wasn't made clear.

Userlevel 3

Hi, @magenta4424902​!

I'm just checking in to see if you've had a chance to look over my previous reply to you and if so, did you get in touch with Customer Care or T-Force to get the voicemail subscription feature canceled?

Yes I took care of everything! Thank you for your feedback☺

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 5:25 PM, tmo_amanda<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

#yiv6179100024 * #yiv6179100024 a #yiv6179100024 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6179100024 #yiv6179100024 h1, #yiv6179100024 h2, #yiv6179100024 h3, #yiv6179100024 h4, #yiv6179100024 h5, #yiv6179100024 h6, #yiv6179100024 p, #yiv6179100024 hr {}#yiv6179100024 .yiv6179100024button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

T Mobile sales reps lie

reply from tmo_amanda in Account & services - View the full discussion

Hi, magenta4424902!

I'm just checking in to see if you've had a chance to look over my previous reply to you and if so, did you get in touch with Customer Care or T-Force to get the voicemail subscription feature canceled?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following T Mobile sales reps lie in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Userlevel 3

Wonderful! I'm happy to hear that you were able to get everything taken care of.

I am sick over this deal and forcing me to buy accessories saying nokne else has them lies I want a credit for my phone now