Question

T-Mobile Store won't accept my Trade-In-Phone

• 15 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge

So i’ve been to a few T-mobile stores and none of them will accept my trade-in. They won’t even examine it. Said it was some kind of system issue and workflow error that doesn’t allow them to accept my trade-in. Why won’t they accept my phones? 

(Received Shipping Label, but want to trade in at store instead)

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Trade-in are usually done online.  You can complete your upgrade through your my.t-mobile.com account.  

Badge

well, i got text messages on my new phones telling me to “Please return your trade-in device to a T-mobile Store...”

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I haven't heard of that.  They usually e-mail you return instructions if you call Customer Care asking how to send in a trade-in device.  You should also be able to print the return label for the device in your my.t-mobile.com account.  

Badge

but i want to turn it into the store. i’ve had issues in the past with them not accepting or misplacing phones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Then print out the instructions and address to send it to, take it to UPS, and pay to send it in and make sure you insist on signature required for delivery and that the package is insured.  

You should be able to return your trade in in store but they will fight you tooth and nail to do it. As of nov 10th there was a policy change to accept them in stores but they won’t even take a sec to look at the system. Even had CS leave them a doc number and they wouldn’t even look at it. Only time will tell how long it takes till they do what they should. Idk if this is a fault more on operations or in store customer service.

As of nov 10th there was a policy change to accept them in stores but they won’t even take a sec to look at the system techzpod.com mobdro apk

yea i tried taking my phone to the tmobile store to trade it in because it literally says “Either return it in-store or ship it to us” but the lady said i need a code that came with the box? i know some companies send an empty box when you do a trade-in but ive never had tmobile send me a box. No idea what she was talking about, but im going to a different store

Similar issue here. The text says to trade in the phone at the store or send it to them using their shipping label. I took mine to the store, and they asked for the shipping label that I was sent. Not sure why since instructions say they will check in the phone and you will receive credit immediately. I got that label, gave it to them, and they said “Thanks” and now it’s been over a week and my phone still hasn’t been shipped or assessed and I am losing my promotion because of it.

Clearly, this is an issue T-Mobile needs to address. I had a similar experience: received a text saying to return it to the store and when trying to do so, the store representative said, “We don’t do that here.” Showed her the text and still the same answer. What is truly odd is that when we picked up our new phones, the T-Mobile store representative was more than willing to take the old phones at that moment. When we said we wanted more time, the T-Mobile rep said we had 30 days to return the phones TO THE STORE. So it is really weird that when we tried to do as we were told not only by the text, but the store rep, the return was refused. The only reason we got new phones was because we received a text from T-Mobile stating that our old phones would eventually not function with the T-Mobile network and offered new free phones.

T-Mobile needs to be aware that if customers are having this experience at T-Mobile stores, eventually, no one will want to go to the store. I know that is the case for me. I will never go to a store again, and I will discourage all my friends and family from wasting their time by going to the store.