Question

T-Mobile Tuesdays Fuel Rewards 01/04/2022

• 4 January 2022
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,  Did anyone else have an issue today when they redeemed the Fuel Rewards with Shell only $0.05 was credited in lieu of the $.10 off?  My Fiancé and I are confused for we confirmed we are at Gold Status and can’t get through to a Fuel Rewards Rep or a T-Mobile Rep (been on hold for almost an hour and a half (90 minutes).

38 replies

Yes, I have the same issue, is T Mobile Tuseday no longer offering $0.10 Rewards on Fuel Rewards, if so, that really SUCKS. they need to reverse that NOW

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The local Shell stations were barely competitive with Fuel Rewards. They just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t use the program as Costco is cheaper. But have seen posts in other forums that there was a recent change in the program. In the Tuesday app it says with a new year comes a new spin….. and you get $0.10 off on Tuesdays and $0.05 every day with extended Gold. Is that a change from what it used to be?

Userlevel 2
Badge

kevinb7852 Nope, that is what it always was.  So I am not sure for on the Tuesday Mobile App it states $0.10 off and that we were saving $.15/gallon after our Tuesday benefit…..that made it competitive around here for gas….I emailed Fuel Rewards and could never get to a Tmobile Rep…..just frustrating because you have to use it by Friday.  Thank you everyone for the response to know we are not alone.

T-Mobile Rep who is viewing these chats, please bring this to attention and any communication update on this would be appreciated versus in the dark now knowing what is happening is just frustrating.

Userlevel 1

This was one of the reasons I’ve kept T-Mobile even though their coverage isn’t the best in my area. Seeing that they’re cutting corners with their customers I am considering switching networks. Bad move T-Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Just so you know, the Shell 15 cents off is now gone. It is 5 cents plus another 5 cents IF you maintain Gold status on Fuel Rewards. And all without notice

The benefit has been devalued by half, but T-Mobile calls it a “new twist.” If you fill up 6 times within 3 months, you keep Gold Status with Shell - now you don’t have to, but you only get 10 cents off a gallon TOTAL instead of 10 cents off on top of the always-on 5cents. It’s better than a stick in the eye, but calling it a “new twist” is insulting. 

I agree with all of you. She’ll is no longer competitive price wise with the loss of the .05 cents/gal. T-Mobile made the notice read like it was an UPGRADE.  It would be nice r know if this change was driven by Shell. Regardless, the way T-Mobile presented it was just wrong!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

See the way I read it was, and maybe I just didn’t read it at all I don’t know, but I read that you had your five cent gold status then the $.10 T-Mobile on top of it for Tuesday and you got five cents off every day through Friday.

Or either you got $.15 off on Tuesday but then you got nothing the rest of the week unless you skip Tuesday and you got five cents in the other day or five cents every day.

So yeah I’m pretty confused and there’s a lot of other places to get gas that are actually easier to access where I live.  

I also by chance got an email from advance auto parts stating that their speed perks now worked with fuel rewards. For shell gas. So there might be too much competition in the shell fuel rewards game.

But you can’t double up, like you can’t use T-Mobile plus advance auto parts you can only use one or the other so you cannot combine them.  It’s sort of a mess and really not worth the extra effort to save $1.62 twice a month for me.

Like I literally drive 3000 miles a year. I drive 2 miles to work 2 miles back five days a week. In fact to find a shell gas station I pretty much have to go out of my way by two or 3 miles which, pretty much negates the savings when you’re driving a huge high output Vortec-equipped vehicle. 

I had the same problem here in Illinois. I only Recived $0.05 for my Gold Status. But when I redeemed my Tuesday get thanked fuel rewards thought I saw I was would save $0.15 total.  Wonder was there a glitch?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Truly believe that T-Mobile needs to clarify and clean up their verbiage in the app. It needs to be a little bit more straightforward because you can tell from all of the responses in this thread that there are several different ways to interpret this. Of course I would always interpret it where it airs on the side of the company and not the customer. So I would suspect that at least until it’s changed, that whatever you see at the pump is probably what everybody else is seeing and that is five cents on top of gold five cents. I’m not exactly sure if it is $.10 on Tuesday or any other day of the week just as I’m not sure you can use five cents any other day of the week other than Tuesday.  If somebody actually goes to the pump and finds out, let us know.

you know, come to think of it, we’ve got five cents every day of the week as it is. So T-Mobile is giving five cents so that gives us that $.10. But maybe this extended thing is well, if you don’t have gold status you’re only getting five cents from T-Mobile. So it basically makes it sound like you have to have gold status and that shell and T-Mobile are in cahoots to offer something but at the same time take away part of it.

Userlevel 1

Who to blame? Shell for being greedy, or someone at T-Mobile for not standing up to them (and standing up for us!) and saying "No Deal". With the current high price of fuel, the discount should have gone up! not down!  I agree with everyone else that going out of my way to get Shell was barely worth the effort at 15¢/ gal - 20 gallon max.  I have been loyal for a long time now, but this is a deal breaker for me. Not just the $1 reduced savings (for 20 gallons), but the way that T-Mobile presented it.

When I signed up with them, the marketing theme was all about no hidden gimmicks, fees, doubletalk etc.. Whoever came up with this current presentation is completely clueless to that previous - very successful- theme. This new change is nothing but complicated confusing BS. 

Now that 5G is getting settled in, I'll be shopping for a new provider for my 5 lines. 

And get my fuel for less, and at a place that's convenient for me.

( Now that I think about it, this thing will actually benefit me ;)

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Well I can’t justify leaving just yet myself. I have two lines that are $40 each on an old One Plus promotional plan with unlimited everything. Or nearly everything.

however if I was paying what new customers are paying which is pretty much the same as AT&T and Verizon, it would be more competitive especially in the equipment sector.

But I have always judged my carrier on its service and plan price and not its promotions of equipment. I’m not saying that the day won’t come. Service has become rather slow in my area as more people have signed up and congested the towers.

Userlevel 2

If you look at the shell page in the app, it still shows a 10 cent per gallon discount but it applies only to those with extended Gold Status. Does anyone know what the criteria is for extended Gold Status? There’s no mention of this status at the Fuel Rewards web page. You’re either Gold or Silver. I have spoken with t-mobile about this and they promised to get back to me with an answer. The main point is that the Tuesdays App still shows a 10 cent per gallon discount. I guess none of us knows exactly how to qualify. Extended Gold Status is something that T-mobile has initiated and up to now, no obvious explanation of what it is.

I don’t use the program as Costco is cheaper. But have seen posts in other forums that there was a recent change in the program. In the Tuesday app it says with a new year comes a new spin….. and you get $0.10 off on Tuesdays and $0.05 every day with extended Gold. Is that a change from what it used to be?

No. There were many weeks I didn't go till Friday and I got  .15 off. I missed the change policy.

Userlevel 2

I still have no idea what extended Gold Status is. The policy definitely used to be that you got the Tmobile component of the discount up until midnight on the Friday of the week you made the claim. Have you found anywhere that the new policy is actually published?

What I find demeaning is not only do they still advertise 10 cents off

it's insulting because it's a bait and switch they are supposed to be using this T-Mobile Tuesday platform to reward their customers and they have the audacity to dupe with their advertising still 10 cents off a gallon

Changing the language,  a bait and switch insult

Makes me not like T-Mobile for this

It's an insult

Take the five cents whatever but don't play with the numbers and the words

It just leaves a really bad feeling

Is the first I've seen of T-Mobile doing this on our get Thanked T-Mobile Tuesday platform

IT'S BAD FORM, T-MOBILE!

I would get back to the think-tank and  revise it

Henceforth  be straightforward, don't play with their customers like this

This is really bad way to begin the New Year with customers 

You're not saying you thank them or appreciate them

you are saying (you think we are STUPID , so we're going to dupe you)

NO THANKS, T-MOBILE TUESDAY DECEIVERS

Userlevel 2

I have to agree. I’ve been with TMO for 18 years and honestly have had no complaints up to now. I looked everywhere I could think of to find whatever new rules apply at both TMO and Fuel Rewards and have not found a single thing. All we know is what we see, and that’s 5 cents a gallon less than what we were getting..

Userlevel 2

Here’s the official reply that I got from Fuel Rewards:

Dear Member,
We apologize for the inconvenience this may caused. Effective January 04 2022 T-Mobile change the terms and condition and no longer provides $0.10 cents per gallon. T-Mobile now offers $0.05 cents per gallon with Extended Gold status.
Please refer to T-Mobile under Partner Rewards on the Fuel Rewards app, which include the terms and conditions.
The benefit that the extended gold status gives you is that you wont have to worry about doing your fill  ups thru the entire year and loosing the gold status.  

It’s very disappointing! T-mobile didn’t do anything to improve the program. They simply lowered the cost of the rewards program for themselves..

Back to filling up at Costco.

I'm miss the convenience, but, my wallet tells me what to do

T-Mobile:  Please reconsider- Get our 10 cents off discount back for us insignificant peons!🥺 

This is the my 1st negative experience with T Mobile.  

What I find demeaning is not only do they still advertise 10 cents off

it's insulting because it's a bait and switch they are supposed to be using this T-Mobile Tuesday platform to reward their customers and they have the audacity to dupe with their advertising still 10 cents off a gallon

Changing the language,  a bait and switch insult

Makes me not like T-Mobile for this

It's an insult

Take the five cents whatever but don't play with the numbers and the words

It just leaves a really bad feeling

Is the first I've seen of T-Mobile doing this on our get Thanked T-Mobile Tuesday platform

IT'S BAD FORM, T-MOBILE!

I would get back to the think-tank and  revise it

Henceforth  be straightforward, don't play with their customers like this

This is really bad way to begin the New Year with customers 

You're not saying you thank them or appreciate them

you are saying (you think we are STUPID , so we're going to dupe you)

NO THANKS, T-MOBILE TUESDAY DECEIVERS

Yes, I have the same issue, is T Mobile Tuseday no longer offering $0.10 Rewards on Fuel Rewards, if so, that really SUCKS. they need to reverse that NOW

100%. Went to full up today and it said 10¢ but then I realized it at the actual gas pump. So disappointed. 

T-Mobile is now in partnership with AAA, this is the “Extended Gold Status.” In order to get the additional 5 cents that T-Mobile took away you would have to have a membership with AAA. 

I have found an app that gives back 10-25 cents per gallon back everyday to almost all gas station near you. Shows you a map and everything, easy to use. You can cash out anytime you want through your bank account or gift cards. I also combine the (now) 10cents from fuel rewards with this app, Big win. 

This free app gets you cash back on gas! Use promo code SQJ8P to get an extra 15¢/gal bonus on your first purchase. https://upside.app.link/xm6YjOSYRmb

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I understand how it works now. 

Gold status is 5 cents. 
Tmo Tues is 5 cents. 
Equals 10 cents. 

Extended Gold status means those who don’t fill up with at least 8 gallons per trip and X trips per month STILL get 5 cent Gold instead of 3 cent Silver. 

So. Basically everybody gets Gold status. Everyone gets 5 cents everyday. 10 cents from Tuesday-Fri. 
Previous Gold status folks lose and gain 0 cents since they are already Gold.
Previous Silver folks gain 2 cents because they used to be 3 cents. But everyone loses 5 cents because the old promo was 10 cents. 

It must be Shells idea cause a lot of companies are doing this extended status thing with Shell. 

Shell game.