Question

T-Mobile Tuesdays Fuel Rewards 01/04/2022

• 4 January 2022
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,  Did anyone else have an issue today when they redeemed the Fuel Rewards with Shell only $0.05 was credited in lieu of the $.10 off?  My Fiancé and I are confused for we confirmed we are at Gold Status and can’t get through to a Fuel Rewards Rep or a T-Mobile Rep (been on hold for almost an hour and a half (90 minutes).

38 replies

Quite disappointed in T-Mobile. Plan was reduced, okay, I get it, it was cost T-Mobile “too much $”. So they cut the “Thank You” benefit by 50%.

But to spin it with marketing mumbo-jumbo,…. makes me feel like T-Mobile totally disregards me as an intelligent customer and more like a blind idiot. Then trying to find/determine exactly what the “extended gold” actually means…. frustrating.

Sorry move T-Mobile, sorry move. Insulting.

That just means I’m not going to fill up at Shell anymore… that’s the only reason I filled up there every 2 ½ days… I just downloaded the GetUpside app to find better deals on gas. Thanks for the link!

I have found an app that gives back 10-25 cents per gallon back everyday to almost all gas station near you. Shows you a map and everything, easy to use. You can cash out anytime you want through your bank account or gift cards. I also combine the (now) 10cents from fuel rewards with this app, Big win.

This free app gets you cash back on gas! Use promo code DANIEL84933 to get an extra 15¢/gal bonus on your first purchase. https://upside.app.link/DANIEL84933

My wife and I will also be leaving Shell.  We are on a fixed income and the 15¢ was great for getting a higher quality gas.  Now, we will be changing.

We will stay with T-Mobile, though.  With the senior discount we still get a better deal with them, and are happy with the service.

BUT, if this is an indication of a change in their dealings with, and treatment of, customers, we will move!!!

Hello,  Did anyone else have an issue today when they redeemed the Fuel Rewards with Shell only $0.05 was credited in lieu of the $.10 off?  My Fiancé and I are confused for we confirmed we are at Gold Status and can’t get through to a Fuel Rewards Rep or a T-Mobile Rep (been on hold for almost an hour and a half (90 minutes).

called fuel rewards and they said that tmoble cut the $.10 to .05.

Badge

T-Mobile is now in partnership with AAA, this is the “Extended Gold Status.” In order to get the additional 5 cents that T-Mobile took away you would have to have a membership with AAA. 

Badge

For the AAA related stacking discount you need to create a new Fuel rewards account. I called in on this yesterday and found this out.

Yes, I am having the same issue and tring to get someone to give me an explanation has been like pulling teeth. If anyone gets an answer please relay it forward. This has happened for the last three weeks….  

This has also been a reoccurring issue for me as well. In the description after you save the reward it even states you're supposed to get $0.10. 5 cents from T-Mobile and 5 cents from extended gold status. Once I redeem it it only shows $0.05 from T-Mobile and 5 cents from my regular everyday shell fuel rewards Gold status but no extended Gold status to be found. 

I thought it was just me. Seems like I did get 15 cents in the beginning. I merged over from Sprint last fall. I was getting Mobil gas as they were closer to home than Shell. However Mobil gas caused my check engine light to come on. I had a Mobil card with the same benefit however their gas was not benefitting my car.

Wife and I were regular users of this discount and YES it's frustrating, basically they took a 10c discount, PLUS your reward level (3c or 5c)and turned it into, AT MOST a 7c discount(assuming you DIDN'T have Gold status, your would still get 3c with silver). So we stopped going to Shell, but recently we found this FREE app that is giving us an additional 5 to 25c CASH back, you can deposit in your bank or buy gift cards, it's really been a game changer, we even save with dinner too, just took kids to CiCis last night and got 14% back in CASH. We love it and we use it with Gas Buddy to fund the best deals on fill up days, YES your can stack the fuel rewards with upside, for extra bonuses

Click this link to get an extra 15¢/gal bonus the first time you make a purchase. https://upside.app.link/T3DZV

The $.15/gallon returned today!  I wonder if gas costing >$4/gallon and enough people complaining about the reduced T-Mobile Tuesday discount helped return the lost $.05/gallon?

I think T-Mobile should drop this partnership. It has never worked the past two weeks are supposed to be $.25 credit go to three different shells it says welcome member and I don’t get the discount