Question

Terrible service!

• 30 October 2021
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

I recently switched to T Mobile after being a Verizon Wireless customer for 20+ years. I thought I was saving $35 a month! I work from home and rely on good service. On a daily basis, I drop at least 4-5 calls or can’t pick up an incoming call or make an outgoing. I will be switching back to  Verizon in the next few days.

27 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Ya, service isn’t always the same. I’ve been places where T-Mobile didn’t work, but Verizon did. But I’ve also been places that Verizon didn’t provide service but T-Mobile did.

Have you considered using Wi-Fi calling of T-Mobiles CellSpot? I got the CellSpot and now have full bars anywhere I go in my house, compared to 0 to 1 bars before I got the CellSpot.

Userlevel 1

They are the worst. No internet service, call to cancel and it's just them trying to het me to fix something that didn't work. Then on hold forever, and they start asking personal questions about my life. NOBODY SHOULD EVER give tmobile money. They are worse than bad.

Userlevel 1

I’m going through the same thing right now constantly dropping calls no service I had a phone for three weeks the screen went blank that was my second phone the first phone lasted two weeks I’m now on my way up there to pick up the third phone in less than two months and they want to keep charging me $20 for a shipping fee it’s unbelievable

Userlevel 1

I have been with Tmobile for a couple of years now. I thought the merger between T mobile and Sprint would help with coverage and reception but it has not. I work remotely since the pandemic began in 2020 and I have struggled with T mobile’s wireless service and they do not seem to be concerned or offer other options to help. My family and I will be switching back to Verizon the higher bill is worth reliable service.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have been with Tmobile for a couple of years now. I thought the merger between T mobile and Sprint would help with coverage and reception but it has not. I work remotely since the pandemic began in 2020 and I have struggled with T mobile’s wireless service and they do not seem to be concerned or offer other options to help. My family and I will be switching back to Verizon the higher bill is worth reliable service.

I agree that if in your area there isn’t good T-Mobile coverage, you’re better off with another carrier that does have better coverage. And this principle works vice versa in an area where T-Mobile has good covereage and others do not.

One thing though to keep in mind is if you’re like me and buy old used phones. I find that older phones do not have all the newer T-Mobile bands. So there have been times there is great coverage in an area but I don’t get any of it because of my phone choice.

The merger between T-Mobile  and  sprint was supposed to make things better for the customers but apparently Not. I have been with T-Mobile for May years but it seems that this is ending soon.

I  ordered a new phone and they sent a wrong one. Trying to call  to explain things I was put on hold for 3 Hours!. After explanation I was told to stake the phone to where I ordered and they can give me a new one. Going to the store, they advice me to ship it  and I have to wait until they receive it to order another one. My daughter is out of state and needs to upgrade. I have to call from my phone to authorize her. The wait like It was today  morning is 2 hrs. !. I try in the store they can’t make those changes.Talk of a frustrating experience with huge companies that can’t take care of their huge market. I need to finally move somewhere else where my time and money is valued.

Hello. I have been dealing with the same issues.  Have to shut my phone off 3-5 times per day.  I've had to try so many things with technical support, talked to numerous representatives, wrote 4 letters, promised calls back and do not receive,  dropped calls and texts... the list goes on. About a year ago 2 out of 3 towers were down in our area.  I have been with t-mobile for 22 years and it has never been like this!  The call I got from one of my letters was so rude I'm not sure if I really want to continue with this company.  It's always them wanting to sell me something. But I'm paying for a service I can't use or is interrupted. That I can't rely on?  I am going to school for real estate and can't afford to be with a company like this.  Any advice?? I didn't think it would end like this.  I got all my family and friends on this in the last 20+ years. Always had good things to say until the last 2 years.  If anyone was wondering about a cell phone company I would tell them about t-mobile.  Working with the community and at a local radio station I always liked to inform people about what I thought were good reliable companies. Not sure anymore.  They also said they would send me a phone but never received it.  Called back a few times in the last 4 months and still nothing.  Has anyone else had this happen?Wondering what I should do?  Has anyone tried spectrum? I know they are offering $75 with internet.  Thinking of other options for the future and someone that I can rely on and respectively gives me a call back when needed with a problem they are able to fix and not still be fixing months down the road. I can't afford that and neither can my future clientele.  I appreciate your feedback.  Much love to all. Stay safe🤍

I recently switched to T Mobile after being a Verizon Wireless customer for 20+ years. I thought I was saving $35 a month! I work from home and rely on good service. On a daily basis, I drop at least 4-5 calls or can’t pick up an incoming call or make an outgoing. I will be switching back to  Verizon in the next few days.

I switched three weeks ago from Verizon. Same thing,save some money…get an upgraded phone. Well I’ve never been so frustrated. I don’t even want to use my phone. Constant dropped calls or the person I’m talking to sounds like a robot in a tin can. Calls don’t go through. Pages load slow or not at all. Absolutely terrible. I will also be going back to Verizon ! 

I thought it was just me.  Currently on a family plan and everyone else thinks it's great.  I've hated it from day one.  I get no coverage at work, or on bike trails.  Coverage at home comes and goes (but it's blazing fast at the t mobile store 1000 feet away from me).  Was on Sprint before and it was much better.  Thought they'd integrate the networks eventually.  On wifi calling I get dropped calls, garbled sound, or echos.

I'm not 100 percent sure it isn't the phone, but it's hard to diagnose since it works fine in the store.  New sim card hasn't helped.  Not sure whether to try a new phone or just switch service at this point.

I will comment that I was sitting next to my uncle the other day at a park.  His phone worked fine on one or two bars, mine bounced between one bar and no connection and was pretty much useless.  Same phone, same network, same spot.  I'm guessing t mobile signal is very weak and it's just a variation in the phone itself.

Badge

I loved Cricket for 10 yrs. Even tho they treated me like AT&Ts red headed step child as far as network service and cust service. It was still better than tmobile. At least I had a signal 95% of the time and was paying $15 less per month with more intl calling features (which I don't use anymore,  but still, it's a feature).

Unfortunately, I purchased a Xioami 10T phone online because of the awesome features and incredibly low price and I love the phone. Iys the most expensive phone I've ever purchased at.

HOWEVER, At&t/Cricket refused to continue allowing the phone on their network due to an Executive Order against Chinese phone makers. I don't know if this has been rescinded by Brandon or not.

But If I could go back to Cricket, I'd do it on a minute.

I can't even count the numerous ways in which tmobile sux compared to cricket.

Inexplicably,  when I get near an emergency vehicle like and ambulance or police car, I often lose network connection. That's downright strange, but also happened on another phone when I tried tmobile for a few weeks back in 2012. They haven't changed much since then.

It has to be the worst major provider in the US.

When they bought Sprint, my girlfriend was pulling out her beautiful hair for 3 months til I got her switched to Cricket and she thanks me again and again  everytime the subject of cell phones comes up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Xiaomi is not on the banned Chinese cellular list.  The manufacturers that are on there, are Huawei and ZTE.  AT&T wants you to buy their devices.  They use the devices IMEI to verify what type of device you are using on their network and they scan for this multiple times daily.  

Badge

Hmm, somehow, I'm not surprised.

But I thought since the 70s federal law, phone companies were not allowed to force you to buy a phone from them. 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hmm, somehow, I'm not surprised.

But I thought since the 70s federal law, phone companies were not allowed to force you to buy a phone from them. 🙄

It's not forcing.  They fictionally claim it isn't compatible to encourage you to only buy their devices.

Worst decision ever! Should had stay w Verizon. $35 not worth saving. Going to try to get my money back. Lack of cell signal, dropped calls, not getting my voice mail, awful awful awful. 

I was with Sprint for at least 20 years….and got moved over to T-Mobile equivalent plan.  The plan is not equivalent and the service is horrible with T-Mobile.  There is no chat to try to get a resolution.  No support is apparent on the website.  No one could understand me on my phone, so I could not call for support.  I am going to look for another carrier.  Had not considered Cricket, but will look at their coverage.  

I agree that the service has plummeted! I am furious with T-Mobile. I currently live overseas due to military and heavily rely on my phone out here. I do have the international phone plan.  Ever since the merge and having to change the SIM card, my phone rarely gets cell service. I have to rely on Wi-Fi. Once I leave the base, I get extremely slow to no cell service. And there is no Wi-Fi. 
With sprint I was able to use my cell phone off base. The connection was A LOT faster. And I used to think it sucked. But after the merge, I miss Sprint so much. 
Thank god we are moving back to the states this year. And I will be dumping T-Mobile and going with any other phone service. 
I have been a sprint customer for 20 years. 🙁 so to divorce my phone service is heartbreaking. 

Badge

Remove TikTok and restart phone.  Worked like a charm to get phone and internet to work. 

Badge

Remove TikTok and restart phone.  Worked like a charm to get phone and internet to work. 

I switched from AT&T a couple of years ago and it has not been a good experience and it’s not cheaper.  Many places on major interstates (I-10) with no service and also remote country roads where I like to go ride with no service at all.  1-2 bars LTE or 5G means essentially no data.  To top it off my dad was on sprint and I had to take care of some of his account stuff.  T mobile closed all the sprint stores before they merged the systems so nobody at a T-Mobile store could help me.  I had to mail PoA and wait several days before someone from sprint could help me on the phone.  As much as I hate The baby Bells I had more reliable service and better coverage from them.  

T-Mobile is the worst phone company I have ever dealt with dropping calls all the time or can't make a phone call or in the middle of speaking with someone important the phone shuts down but don't pay them their money and see what they do I hate this service with a passion 🤨

I used T-Mobile for a short stint about 10 years ago, and just switched to them from Verizon because of a promotion. 

I am as disappointed as I can be with their service and coverage. You don't save money with this company. Once you figure out how many services like video calling aren't supported unless the other party uses Terrible Mobile as well, you start to wonder. Cell coverage is a dumpster fire. If the "T" doesn't stand for "Terrible", it stands for "Taliban" because this is what mobile services are like  in Afghanistan. There is no way that I'm not going back to Verizon. I am in utter disbelief that a company who advertises as much as they do and claims to be as large as they are can cost this much AND be so bad. It is embarrassing to get a call or text and hear the T-Mobile ring and alert tones in public. This company specializes in building shops and filling it with phones and staff. They most certainly shouldn't be considered to be a carrier or service provider. I would be so embarrassed to work there. They have been around so long and I feel like they are further behind than the last time I had them. I am getting as far away from this company as possible and this time I can confidently say,"Never Again". The only reason they have had any degree of success is due to creating a monopoly. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I used T-Mobile for a short stint about 10 years ago, and just switched to them from Verizon because of a promotion. 

I am as disappointed as I can be with their service and coverage. You don't save money with this company. Once you figure out how many services like video calling aren't supported unless the other party uses Terrible Mobile as well, you start to wonder. Cell coverage is a dumpster fire. If the "T" doesn't stand for "Terrible", it stands for "Taliban" because this is what mobile services are like  in Afghanistan. There is no way that I'm not going back to Verizon. I am in utter disbelief that a company who advertises as much as they do and claims to be as large as they are can cost this much AND be so bad. It is embarrassing to get a call or text and hear the T-Mobile ring and alert tones in public. This company specializes in building shops and filling it with phones and staff. They most certainly shouldn't be considered to be a carrier or service provider. I would be so embarrassed to work there. They have been around so long and I feel like they are further behind than the last time I had them. I am getting as far away from this company as possible and this time I can confidently say,"Never Again". The only reason they have had any degree of success is due to creating a monopoly. 

It's interesting how similar the carriers sound when viewed from different angles.  I was stuck with Verizon here for years because they held a monopoly in this area.  Verizon is HORRIBLE.  We can get a signal, but there's no bandwidth behind it and the network is so congested 20 out of 24 hours it's pretty much useless, even on their premium data plans.  They have refused to upgrade for over 10 years while service grew even worse as time went on.

Then T-Mobile shows up, with their extended range lte and 5g.  It's like night and day.  I get not only better coverage with T-Mobile but there's actually bandwidth behind the signals.  And I've had decent relations with customer service (although most of their initial contact personnel are incompetent but that goes for any carrier it seems)

I guess in my case, Verizon was the evil monopoly and T-Mobile is the knight in shining armor.  Mileage may vary due to location and circumstances, I guess.

We just switched to t-mobile last year and it has been the worst decision ever.  We have had nothing but problems with our phones.  Dropped calls, loosing my network and having to restart the phone, people unable to hear me when they call, etc.  It has been the worst experience with any cell company.  We have called customer service and went into the store countless times, but they can’t find the problem.  I am so fed up with them.  I wish I would have done my research before going to this horrible company.

Badge

I quit this service well over 10 yrs ago and.they frustrate me just as much when i’m NOT a customer.

Unable to send MMS to any of my T Mobile contacts. i’m able to send them to contacts with ANY other service provider. This has been a continuous problem for well over two years and it SUCKS. Also, many times they don’t even get SMS texts!! (no media) within 72 hours of sending, and sometimtes NEVER get them. Anyone i know who uses this service is fed up and i’ve turned most of the t-moble customers that i know onto a very reliable, CHEAP, good, and SECURE service. Additionally, others i know have subscribed to Tm 5-G for home and they are getting throttled, service is spotty, their speeds keep going down and they are unable to get the speeds tm seems to be so proud of!. I have read that customers going to t-moblie’s 5G, are o.k. with the service for the first few months, but as the typical Corporate pig-dogs they are, they overbuild or they don’t maintain what they have, or go through another HACK and eventually customers leave in droves.

Reading all of these posts by TM customers who actually PAY for this clown car service is really disturbing. From all the posts i’ve read, this is what i see; 

1. Customers take the time to warn others (strangers) advising any service provider on the planet is better than their service, post with no hope at all, or post to release their anger means so much, but unfortunately, this company will do nothing with all the complains until they are MADE to.
  2. Think about this; on top of crap networks, overbuilding their crap networks, even with 5G and all the beautiful bandwidth it provides their service still sucks. it’s because of greed, pure greed, and they will continue this for as long as they are allowed! 
  3. And, here is the thing that i deem the most egregious; They have been HACKED 8 times since 2018, resulting in hackers obtaining customer data, birth dates, phone numbers, S. Security numbers from MILLIONs.of their customers. This too will continue if they are not stopped. it’s called customer abuse.

There is so much more to this rant, but that’s it for now. Customers should consider contacting and complaining to their state’s AG, The Fed AG, the FTC, the FCC, their Senators and/or Reps in their State and in congress. Seriously, it makes a diff. Terrible, unethical company provides worst service and then to drive that home they don’t properly secure their networks. it’s abuse, it’s bullying (because they can) - period, and they are getting away with it.

Badge

It's interesting how similar the carriers sound when viewed from different angles.  I was stuck with Verizon here for years because they held a monopoly in this area.  Verizon is HORRIBLE.  We can get a signal, but there's no bandwidth behind it and the network is so congested 20 out of 24 hours it's pretty much useless, even on their premium data plans.  They have refused to upgrade for over 10 years while service grew even worse as time went on.

Then T-Mobile shows up, with their extended range lte and 5g.  It's like night and day.  I get not only better coverage with T-Mobile but there's actually bandwidth behind the signals.  And I've had decent relations with customer service (although most of their initial contact personnel are incompetent but that goes for any carrier it seems)

I guess in my case, Verizon was the evil monopoly and T-Mobile is the knight in shining armor.  Mileage may vary due to location and circumstances, I guess.

it is nice to hear that at least one post is positive. Maybe there could be some hope. One thing for sure; Verizon secures their networks way better than TM. I realize that the bigger the company is the more difficult to secure, But that is no excuse, it’s not like TM is not raking in $$ (between $28.7 billion and $29.2 billion predicted PROFIT in 2023, and they can’t afford to maintain security; one would think that with those kind of profits they could manage their networks more humanely, but it seems they wear their 8 HACKS since 2018, like a badge of honor putting MILLIONS of their customers at risk of having their ID stolen, or worse - because they can. 

Are you perhaps an employee or a stockholder?

Nevermind, doesnt matter.