Solved

Text Message via Email

Show first post

53 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@tmo_mike_c@tmo_marissa‌ can you PM me the subscriber number? The site auto-hides sensitive info.

Userlevel 6

Hey @balpaugh‌!  Welcome back!  I'm going to shoot you a PM for a few details I'd like to forward to @srickar‌.  Please check your inbox in a few, and thank you for the updates!

- Marissa

Userlevel 6

Hey there!  I just wanted to pop back in here and see if you'd had a chance to check your inbox - I'd love to get your number forwarded over, but since the site is a public user forum that kind of information is moderated on a public post.  If you don't mind replying to me in PM, I'll be happy to grab your number and pass it along!  Thank you!

- Marissa

Hi Marissa,

I had an opportunity to speak with a gentleman from the T-Mobile technical support in the area that deals with this specifically, and I believe that we’ve gone as far as t can at this time. I appreciate your assistance throughout the process.

Thank you,

Bryan Alpaugh

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Apologies, yes I worked directly with Bryan and explained some of the differences between VZW and T-Mobile messaging interface.

Userlevel 6

No worries @srickar‌ and @balpaugh‌ - I am so glad that you were able to connect!  Thank you both again for your engagement on this thread - I have a feeling it's going to prove itself worthwhile for a lot of folks here on Support. 😊

- Marissa

Good morning all! If I understand correctly there is NO FIX for this issue if it is under 160 characters. I receive numerous messages from a CAD system of which most must be less than 160 characters and therefore show up as random numbers. I was with ATT & Verizon and did not have this issue with them. Help!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@cdcarleton​ I sent you a follow request so that you can P.M. details to me about your issue.

has this issue been resolved?

Userlevel 6

Hey, @cdcarleton​!  I just received your PM and noticed this reply at the same time! @srickar is the expert on the issues outlined here and on the on the other thread you messaged me regarding, and can better speak to which aspects of the experience you're having are known behaviors or can be modified or prevented. Truthfully, his knowledge level is far beyond what I or my colleagues can hope to offer, as he works directly with this system. Have you had a chance to approve the follow request he sent and follow him back so that he can communicate with you via PM?

- Marissa

I'm very new on this site. I think I accepted a pm from srickar but have not heard anything as of yet

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I tried to send you a PM but you have to follow me via inbox. I can receive messages from you, but I cannot originate a message.

how do I follow you via inbox?

Userlevel 6

No worries, @cdcarleton​! We're all new at least once! 😉 You can check out instructions on following a user here: @stuebner586​ the same follow request that he sent to you, you can just click on his Einstein avatar, then click the thumbtack icon on his profile page, and then check Inbox​, then Done.

- Marissa

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey I'm here to look into this as soon as I can gather more detail. Can you please "click on his Einstein avatar, then click the thumbtack icon on his profile page, and then check Inbox, then Done". I cannot send a message to you until this action is completed. @tmo_Marissa do you have any further suggestions? Can you email us both in a group message?

Userlevel 6

Giving it a shot now! 😊

- Marissa

I think I did it correctly. Please check to see if we can communicate as of yet.

Thank you

@

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Sorry I have no private inbox messages from you.

I sent a request to follow srickar.  I have the same issue.  The messages i receive are driven with a system from a standard email address sent to my @tomomail address.  I utilize an iphone 7+

Subject/Message are standard.  I tried embedding some html inside the message and neither of those work from the work around. 

Is there something else that can be done without doubling the size of the message over 360 char?

So what's the verdict here?

is there a way to force it to MMS instead of SMS?

I have also tried this on a S8+, with even worse results. All of the messages regardless of length or context are being sent as MMS. This wouldn't be an issue however none of the MMS messages will load. I have tried other forms of messaging apps with the same result.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Placeholder boxes waiting to download? Data is required to download MMS messages. Make sure the phone is in data coverage, has correct APN configuration, and ensure packet data check box is checked under network settings. If you need further assistance, please call 611 for troubleshooting.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Email to text if below 360 characters and contains only plain text content/no attachment, will convert to plain text SMS and be delivered from SMS gateway. The reason being, the MMSC has no reason to store & forward a plain text message over data connection for retrieval from the device if it does not contain multimedia content. If the message is above 360 characters, contains embedded images or attachments, it should meet MMS criteria and deliver as MMS. Other ways to circumvent include attaching a zero byte .txt file to force as MMS.

I can receive MMS just fine from everything else. It is only when I try to email to sms. Also tried sms to email and it took about two hours to receive on my email address.

@srickar​ I am having the same issues as cdcarleton. Could you please help me?