Solved

Text Message via Email

Show first post

53 replies

Badge

Brian....did I answer your questions? Did you have a chance to test out my suggestions?  I'm ready to assist you here in message engineering. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @balpaugh‌!  I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing with this.  I'm not sure if there was a way for you to test this workaround and use one of the methods @srickar‌ described to force those emails through MMS, but we'd love to know if it worked if you've got a second to give us an update.  Hope you're doing well!

- Marissa

Badge

OK enjoy the rest of your vacation. When you return, if you cannot get the workaround, let Marissa open a ticket for you and that way we can exchange contact information. Thanks!

Userlevel 6

Sorry to interrupt your vacation, @balpaugh‌, and massive thanks to you for all your help @srickar.  Since the Support Community is a public user forum, we don't have the access necessary to file tickets - we typically direct users to our dedicated Tech Care or T-Force teams when that's necessary.  That said, we are super grateful for your input and we won't waste your support!  If it's needed I will be more than happy to collect information from Bryan via PM and pass it along. 
I hope you have a restful, relaxing remainder of your trip - looking forward to an update when you return!

- Marissa

Good morning Marissa. I returned from vacation and was finally able to test this. While I was able to prove what you he was saying does in fact work, the character count required is actually over 384 and not 160. That being said, I did notice that doing so also introduced a significate delay in receiving the message which ranged from 10’s of seconds to several minutes while the shorter messages seem to be much timelier coming in seconds.

So now I’m forced to choose between the format I need and potentially a lengthy delay receiving the message or quicker receipt but having the non-consistent senders.

Thank you,

Bryan Alpaugh

Badge

Let's investigate that delay please. Are these iPhone devices? Can you submit a support ticket so that I can obtain your mobile # and can review the server transactions to determine why there is a delay? I want to ensure transactions are not 1st trying to route through RCS messaging, timing out, and then delivering over MMS fallback.

It is an iPhone and the number is ***-***-****.

Sent from my iPhone

Badge

@tmo_mike_c@tmo_marissa‌ can you PM me the subscriber number? The site auto-hides sensitive info.

Userlevel 6

Hey @balpaugh‌!  Welcome back!  I'm going to shoot you a PM for a few details I'd like to forward to @srickar‌.  Please check your inbox in a few, and thank you for the updates!

- Marissa

Userlevel 6

Hey there!  I just wanted to pop back in here and see if you'd had a chance to check your inbox - I'd love to get your number forwarded over, but since the site is a public user forum that kind of information is moderated on a public post.  If you don't mind replying to me in PM, I'll be happy to grab your number and pass it along!  Thank you!

- Marissa

Userlevel 6

No worries @srickar‌ and @balpaugh‌ - I am so glad that you were able to connect!  Thank you both again for your engagement on this thread - I have a feeling it's going to prove itself worthwhile for a lot of folks here on Support. 😊

- Marissa

has this issue been resolved?

Userlevel 6

Hey, @cdcarleton​!  I just received your PM and noticed this reply at the same time! @srickar is the expert on the issues outlined here and on the on the other thread you messaged me regarding, and can better speak to which aspects of the experience you're having are known behaviors or can be modified or prevented. Truthfully, his knowledge level is far beyond what I or my colleagues can hope to offer, as he works directly with this system. Have you had a chance to approve the follow request he sent and follow him back so that he can communicate with you via PM?

- Marissa

I'm very new on this site. I think I accepted a pm from srickar but have not heard anything as of yet

Badge

I tried to send you a PM but you have to follow me via inbox. I can receive messages from you, but I cannot originate a message.

how do I follow you via inbox?

Userlevel 6

No worries, @cdcarleton​! We're all new at least once! 😉 You can check out instructions on following a user here: @stuebner586​ the same follow request that he sent to you, you can just click on his Einstein avatar, then click the thumbtack icon on his profile page, and then check Inbox​, then Done.

- Marissa

Badge

Hey I'm here to look into this as soon as I can gather more detail. Can you please "click on his Einstein avatar, then click the thumbtack icon on his profile page, and then check Inbox, then Done". I cannot send a message to you until this action is completed. @tmo_Marissa do you have any further suggestions? Can you email us both in a group message?

Userlevel 6

Giving it a shot now! 😊

- Marissa

I think I did it correctly. Please check to see if we can communicate as of yet.

Thank you

@

Badge

Sorry I have no private inbox messages from you.

I sent a request to follow srickar.  I have the same issue.  The messages i receive are driven with a system from a standard email address sent to my @tomomail address.  I utilize an iphone 7+

Subject/Message are standard.  I tried embedding some html inside the message and neither of those work from the work around. 

Is there something else that can be done without doubling the size of the message over 360 char?

I have also tried this on a S8+, with even worse results. All of the messages regardless of length or context are being sent as MMS. This wouldn't be an issue however none of the MMS messages will load. I have tried other forms of messaging apps with the same result.

Badge

Placeholder boxes waiting to download? Data is required to download MMS messages. Make sure the phone is in data coverage, has correct APN configuration, and ensure packet data check box is checked under network settings. If you need further assistance, please call 611 for troubleshooting.

Badge

Email to text if below 360 characters and contains only plain text content/no attachment, will convert to plain text SMS and be delivered from SMS gateway. The reason being, the MMSC has no reason to store & forward a plain text message over data connection for retrieval from the device if it does not contain multimedia content. If the message is above 360 characters, contains embedded images or attachments, it should meet MMS criteria and deliver as MMS. Other ways to circumvent include attaching a zero byte .txt file to force as MMS.