Question

The worst customer service

• 21 September 2021
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I waited 1hr and 5 min until I got my call answered, for then be transferred to another line and 40 min and I am still waiting for any signs of life. 

T mobile use to be good, I have been with them more than 12 yrs, but I think is time to move on. They blame the Covid but today sept 9, 2021 they could get contract with another call center and get it solve. Time still counting while I write 42 min.

23 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello dear community, I was patient for a long time but I don’t have any more patience or understanding!!! I consider T-Mobile as the worst service, which is created to terror people!!!

I have been with T-Mobile for many years, and everything seemed ok until I decided to buy 2 iPhones this year! I called them and asked if they have any specials, the expert said yes and explained that all we have to do is to pay down payment for 2 phones in the amount of $421!!! And the rest will be deducted through monthly payments! And we agreed! After we were waiting for the phones and something crazy started happening to our account!!! We have been charged 3 times the amount of $421!!! And we patiently called T-Mobile and the expert apologized and promised to credit wrong charged amounts. We waited for a week and nothing happened we called again (I am not talking that every time you call you have to wait for a long time and explain everything from the beginning to every “expert”!), and another expert told us that we were explained wrong and we were supposed to be charged 2 times in the amount of $421!!! Immediately we said that in this case we don’t want the phones and we sent them back! T-Mobile received them and sent an email confirmation, but didn’t return our money and plus started charging us for the devices through monthly payments through autopay!!!??? We called again and again, and we had to explain million times what happened, every expert was giving different info, saying it will take 5-7 business days to refund or it will take 1 month, every time we called it was different information?!?! After million time calling and explaining we decided to talk to the experts only through chat! We wrote and explained everything again and they said to us that T-Mobile doesn’t have our phone!!!??? That they can’t find it?!?! We were devastating, how possible?! After confirming so many times over the phone and through email and now they lost the phones and they want to charge us, unbelievable?!?! I sent them confirmation receipt from UPS, and they said that they will investigate 😅😅😅😭😭😭😭😭! And that it will take up to 7 days!!! After we disputed the charges through our bank, because it was obvious that T-Mobile isn’t able to do anything! And we won! And T-Mobile decided to charge us those $421 and plus monthly charges through our bill!!! 😭😭😭 when we saw the balance we were already going crazy, and they applied insufficient funds and late fees, even though we were never late in our payments and we always paid our bills!!! Three months went by to try to explain to these “wonderful experts” that we don’t have phones! And that we were overcharged for something what we don’t have! And only today the bill was adjusted?! And we are even afraid to pronounce it, because it might change again online tomorrow and we might see crazy balance online! Besides the fact the network doesn’t work in all the parts of the city!!! I will highly NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE TO HAVE T-MOBILE!!! And if you are already a customer please DO NOT BUY ANY DEVICES FROM THEM, APPLE HAS BETTER DEALS AND NOBODY WILL TRICK YOU THERE!!!

Userlevel 1

I’ve had service and interaction with MCI Worldcom, Comcast Metrophone, Cingular/ATT, Tello, Visible, Red Pocket, Mint, Boost, Ting, Ring Plus, FreedomPop, Tracfone, Straight Talk, Verizon, Sprint, Xfinity, and Metro wireless, maybe a few more. The worse has to be T-Mobile, with Xfinity being a close second. They are a nightmare.  Back when I had a Sidekick II, I loved T-Mobile, their customer service was great and coverage was decent. In the past 3 years it’s been terrible working with them, I dread having to call them. I tried to setup a new line and after 45 minutes it was a dead end. Now I’m trying to port a new line to an existing account and it’s been 2 weeks of calling with no luck. I walked into Best Buy, purchased a Mint mobile sim, set it up online and was ported and on their service after 5 minutes!!! 5 minutes!!! This is my third time trying to setup a new line on T-Mobile spending 1.5 hours after 6 phone calls. 

Userlevel 1

Worst customer service ever even boost is a lot quicker than this I’ve waited hours sitting on the phone and I’m still waiting but always pan handling for bills to be paid and can’t provide good customer service!

Userlevel 1

your poor customer service and network decline forced an 8 year customer to move 3 lines to Verizon Since the merger with Sprint and the new CEO taking over, the company now resembles the old awful sprint. Nice work.

Their customer service...does not exits.

Hey “experts” and Tmobile as a companie….

If you shut up and actually listen to your customers, good things will happen.

I spent over 2.5 hours on the phone with T Mobile earlier today, and this evening I have been on with them again for 330 minutes - and I’m typing this while on hold.  They can’t solve my simple problems, I haven’t spoken with anyone who has an iPhone, they have lied about having iPhones, they barely speak English, they refuse to transfer to a supervisor, and most importantly they don’t even know the features and benefits T Mobile and iPhones offer.  Eventually the person told me that his supervisor was available, but he transferred me to a fast busy signal - so effectively hung up on me.  He obviously knows my mobile number, but isn’t calling back.  My voicemail transcription doesn’t work on one of my 5 lines - but I’ve spoken to half a dozen people at T Mobile and no one has ever even heard of this (automatic) feature, and one of them turned on voicemail to text, which is likely going to show up on my next bill b/c it isn’t a free feature - and it isn’t a feature I want.  Hard to imagine they could be this incompetent, and this unfamiliar with their own products (I purchased this iPhone X (and 14 other iPhones) from T Mobile.  We were also part of the breech and they won’t turn the McAfee on for this line - they keep trying to sell me a different form of that service.  The customer service people have no training whatsoever.  It’s probably time to switch cell phone carriers.  I’ve never experienced such poor service - and I pay them thousands of dollars per year for my 6 lines.  Very frustrating.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I sympathize for all of you that have unresolved issues. With so many customers there are going to be mistakes and with so much automated systems, one-off type problems can seemingly go around in circles. I switched to TMobile  about 10 years ago coming over from ATT. My last year of ATT, I literally had to call every month for 6 months to get them to correct my bill, which they always did but with a promise that it won’t happen again. On the 6th time I made sure the noted my ultimatum - if I have to call one more time it will be to cancel. The rest is history, but one of the more satisfying calls I’ve ever made when I canceled and the poor cancellation guy asking the innocent question of “why are you cancelling?”.

The switch from ATT to TMobile was not without issues. I can’t remember the details from that time, but the numbers weren’t adding up on what I was told I would get reimbursed and TMO agreeing with my math. It look 4-5 calls to get it straightened out and back then TMO was fairly generous with “we’re sorry” credits and I got something like $400 for all my troubles (on top of all the trade in credits I was due). I think they just credited me a couple months of service.

Having been on TMO for 10+ years, I have on average 2-4 issues per year but those were all triggered by something changing in my account - changing plans, adding lines, various promotions etc.

I have experienced TMO support staff who were not knowledgable and made mistakes to my account before a more senior TMO support person had to correct. There has been just one time as a TMO customer where a phone rep really got me upset and that was a supervisor who I hope has been fired. Yes, the offshore support is a little difficult understand at times but not impossible. I also have seen no correlation of difficult to understand versus how well they could manage issues. I would rather have offshore on off hours rather than no support at all.

Every time I was overcharged, everything got corrected down to the penny. These generally showed up in the next bill. In the last couple years, it seems reps are now limited to $10 discretionary credit if they feel you deserve it for your troubles.

I could stop there, but I have also had a couple instances where the billing errors were in my favor. Although I don’t have to, I call anyway to let them know and every time they tell my it’s their mistake and don’t worry about it.

Overall I would give a B grade where in comparison I would give an A to Amazon (due to the rarity of issues and how issues are instantly resolved via chat 24x7). I probably spend roughly the same per year on both TMO and Amazon.

I would never go back to ATT (promise made promise kept LOL) but if I would consider switching to Verizon, I doubt I would get better customer support and there are no plans that come close to what I’m getting from TMO and the price I’m paying. That’s the last thing I’ll add is that TMO is the only carrier I know that let’s you keep whatever plan you have “for life”. I started with just voice and data 10 years ago on a plan that is no longer offered. I only changed plans once and that was when family plan was first offered. However as all these extras were added on new plans (mobile hotspot, Netflix, airplane data, etc), somehow all of those were added to my original family plan at no additional costs. All I had to do was opt in. Staying true to their word, TMO never removed those features and never charged me more. I also started with a corp discount and even if I leave my company it will still be honored.

On a side note, I also signed up for TMO’s streaming live TV, TVision. It was great and cheaper than any other competitor. Unfortunately they shut down the service but rather than just say “sorry”. They cut a deal with YouTubeTV where all prior TVision customers would get a $10 discount for life. I am in year 2 of that discount.

There are times I wanted to vent on some of the more frustrating problems, but each time I ask myself am I going to stay on TMO, it’s a resounding yes purely because the price and features. I can live with so so support. In fact rather than investing in more support capabilities, I would rather TMO give more features for free.

Badge

This is basically Sprint customer service online. They lie every time they talk to you. The store reps are great but have little authority. I have dealt with this crap for four months but have only been a customer for about two weeks. During all this time I have had one local store rep  but seventeen online reps. All but about two online reps have lied about everything. One Verizon offers wireless home internet I'm gone. These SOBS never call you back.

Userlevel 1

Up until recently my experiences with T-Mobile customer service where way better than any carrier I had experienced. Well I’m guessing they sold out customer service to some crazy place because it’s absolutely horrible now. No real answers just BS lines about upgrades and you can’t understand half of what they say if you get a call from them. I lm going to start shopping for a new carrier asap. They’ve wasted way to much of my time. 

I have been on a call with them from 8:47 this morning and the call got disconnected at 1:20pm. Now I have been with them thru Facebook and it is still going at 6:08 pm. Didn’t realize it will end up being a q 10 hour marathon with them. Hands down Worst customer experience ever for me. I was shuttled to 10 diff representatives and multiple departments for a faulty phone I received and needed to get it exchanged. 

T-Mobile cust service is a nightmare which doesn’t end. 

These companies think of every lie in the book when it comes to honoring a promotional agreement.  It’s UNREAL the level of deception T-Mobile and Sprint will make up. It like customer service is reading off a prompt script of lies, if this lie doesn't work, then try this lie.

TMobile is absolutely horrible! The customer service is trash. they lie and misgender me everytime i get on the phone. they either hang up, 

or dead air me

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

theres always the FB or Twitter route..you land with a higher tier support with these two compared to calling in and getting tier 1 support.

T-Mobile chat support is subpar. They couldn't even tell me where to find documentation explicitly explaining how trade in credits are applied. They just kept regurgitating what my bill is and information I already know. They chat in scripts and canned responses which is infuriating for someone who has common sense. 

I experienced this with both a agent and supervisor. 

Userlevel 1

And I wanted to add that yes I keep all the conversations recorded and saved and they made us so mad, they terrorized us so much, that I will make it public and will make sure everyone knows how “wonderful the service is in T-Mobile “!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact them through either Facebook or Twitter.. higher tier support compared to the call in agents and a much higher success rate with fixing issues.

I spent 3 hours trying to resolve the issue and it still did not get resolved. The first guy was purposely misgendering me despite correcting him he continued doing the same. Second person was very nice and tried to help, but issue is still not resolved. 

Today I called the Portero, SF location to inquire about flip phones. I was told they had a phone, so I went to the store. There were no phones on the floor, the sales associate was less than pleased to help us. When they returned with a phone in the box I asked to look at it, they said they couldn't open the box, and had to sell it to me. When I asked more questions abut the phone, they said, “It’s a flip phone, you should know about it.” I asked to speak wit a manger. I was told the manger was at lunch. The associate was extremely unhelpful and dismissive. I told them this was poor customer service and they said, ‘I could leave.”

Once again, T-Mobile continues to exhibit poor service.

Since the merger, horrible customer service.  This is Sprint style customer service now.  I’ve been a customer for over 8 years.  If I didn’t travel a lot internationally, I’d gladly switch to a competitor.  No more equipment purchasing thru T-Mobile.  Instead buy directly from Apple.  Sad what has happened to this company.  Customer service is offshored to the Philipines which is a waste of time. Takes one three to four times the amount of time to accomplish something that could be accomplished 5 minutes with a rep stateside.  

The worst and not reliable.they never respect principles.they had the most by laying to. I had to call them every months about my bills. always charging you different amounts.

Badge

Did same thing to me. 2 hours no solution!!! DEMAND A CREDIT ON YOUR BILL FOR WASTING YOUR TIME. I got 50 bucks for 1 hour. I should of demanded more. My time is just as important as theirs. They have your number they can return your call when they come up with a bogus answer.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I waited 1hr and 5 min until I got my call answered, for then be transferred to another line and 40 min and I am still waiting for any signs of life. 

T mobile use to be good, I have been with them more than 12 yrs, but I think is time to move on. They blame the Covid but today sept 9, 2021 they could get contract with another call center and get it solve. Time still counting while I write 42 min.

It even is horrible for pre-ordering a device. I preordered a Pixel 8 Pro and assumed that I would have it in my hand by launch date(Today) , I was wrong, it hasn't even shipped yet. I contacted customer service, they told me, it's only for if you are a certain color. So beware, they don't care!

Badge

How do I get all middle manage fired for their stupid lousy customer service training.  Politeness over solving problems.

Promising a certain deal then consistanly going back on their word.  Same after 20 years of being with them, its not worth it anymore.   I would rather try a small company and start all over again.   

They refuse to honor their word.

They have new child execs who are fresh out of college and have no ethics or history of customer service.

They know nothing and couldn't care about the customer.

What the stupid corporate execs would rater loose 10 people and not understand that when you loose one customer it is like loosing 20 plus because each customer you loose will tell at least 20 others.   It takes a minimum of 20 new customers to offset the loss of just one customer.

Too Bad I used to love t-mobile because of their people.  I dont want to talk to anyone outside the US nor do I want to talk to people who can't make decisions.   Their overseas managers can't either.

T-mobile needs to fire their entire top tier management bring back the old timers who cared. Stop wasting money on slick ads.and start delivering good service again.

RIP. T-mobile.