Solved

This is Frustrating - COSTCO - T-Mobile Get a free iPhone XR

• 16 December 2018
  • 24 replies

17th Nov 2018 - Purchased iPhone XR in Costco - T Mobile

23rd Nov 2018 - Shipped old Phone iPhone 6s

25th Nov 2018 - Submitted Rebate using new phone number and with code COSTCO APPLE

26th Nov 2018 - Old phone USPS tracking shows Delivered.

15th Dec 2018 - Received a message from T Mobile saying, "In order to receive rebate, trade in the phone" which I have done already and tracking shows delivered on 26th nov 2018.

15th Dec 2018 - Called T Mobile they submitted a handset tracking/research request.

This is a big hassle, not sure what to do. 17th Dec 2018 is last day to trade in it seems.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 20 December 2018, 23:49

I'm sorry for the confusion, @magenta7180491​! I can see how that would put you in a bind. This information should've been covered in the trade-in terms and conditions, however, mentioning it upfront would've been a lot more helpful!

@ecwinch​, hmm. If you're seeing errors, I recommend working with our T-Force team via Facebook or Twitter to get an accurate status of your trade-in.

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 6

A lot of those messages you received from T-Mobile having to do with shipping something back are usually automated. I have had many examples of receiving a text message from T-Mobile to return a product or defective equipment long after I have already returned it and receive confirmation.

I'm in the exact same boat but a few days later on everything; for everyone else all the critical information (RMA #, Tracking #, IMEI of trade phone) is on your "Assurant" customer copy that was at the top of the page with the merchandise return label and receipt that went into the package.

I purchased my XR at Costco on Black Friday November 26, submitted the rebate same day and mailed the old iPhone 6s on Monday November 26. Got the "final reminder" text to send in my trade today. USPS tracking shows the package was delivered to York, PA on Thursday, November 29.

I don't have a handset tracking request yet but that's next. The "auto-pilot" response explanation sounds likely; the system hasn't caught up with itself. I know you should get a text stating a device credit was applied to your account when the trade-in is official. The T-Mobile Rebate Tracker only shows I applied for the rebate. It's frustrating we have to babysit the process or risk losing $750.

I just received the same text. i am very glad to find out that i am not the only one.I applied for the rebate on 11/25/18 and my old iphone trade in was delivered on November 28th.

Userlevel 5

Hey Everyone!

I know this can be super stressful considering how much money is on the line. The OP has taken the proper steps to have our teams look into why the device hasn't been officially checked into our warehouse and inspected. For those of you that haven't had a handset research form filed on your behalf, please Community-2153​. As for the OP, have you received a response back yet? It usually takes a few business days to receive a response back on the handset research.

18th Dec 2018 - Received an email stating that "Yes! We got it! We have confirmed the trade in device (IMEI: XXX) was received in our warehouse on 12/6/2018"

But the RMA trade in status shows "Pending Shipping by customer. Status will be updated when the device is received."

Must ship by "12-17-2018"

hi - can you please advise where you are checking the status by giving RMA number?  I see one place (promotional status) by giving phone number and zip code but it does not give much details.  Thanks

https://manage.my.t-mobile.com/TradeInDevice.aspx

give the RMA number and track the status.

I am in the same situation too. Infact. I called the t-mobile customer service and they sent me to the rebate phone line. I couldn't figure out the option to talk to anybody. The phone is delivered on 25th Nov and the rep confirmed the delivered too.

RMA tracker (for trade-in): https://manage.my.t-mobile.com/Tr...evice.aspx

Reward tracker (for rebate card): https://promotions.t-mobile.com/OrderSearch

I originally called the "team" at 1-877-746-0909 and talked to somebody at one of the offshore call centers. Promises were made to forward my concerns but 48 hours later I had heard nothing back so called the T-Mobile Rebate Center at 877-311-8853. They verified my trade-in phone was received and just not showing in the customer facing system. I'm now comfortable believing my rebate should arrive the 2nd or 3rd week of January.

When you get the text stating you need to send in your trade immediately and you know it was shipped two weeks ago you're convinced something has gone terribly wrong.

19th Dec 2018 - My trade in status changed to "Valuation completed, pending bill credit. This could take up to 3 bill cycles." Hope everything is good now. Rebate is still in Received status only.

Thank you so much for the information.

Regards

Kishore

Userlevel 5

I'm so happy to read the updates on this thread. I'm so sorry this hasn't been as smooth of a process as we'd like, but it sounds like each of your trade-ins have made some progress on the status. Does anyone else have any other questions I can answer regarding their promo/trade-in?

Yes when I traded in my old phone I was told I would get the money on a card to pay Sprint. if You read the blub on it says exactly that up to 650 dollars. Well that is all good but they didn’t say that part of that would go to your bill and the rest on the card. I now have a 500.00 bill with that I have to pay. It was 700.00 so I guess I should be hap about it. I am starting to wonder if switching phon companies was the right decision. i had nothing but issues with the switch like the person above. I don’t agree with any of it but it is a little late now. ASK DETAILS OF EVERYTHING AND TAKE NOTES TO CYA!

Are the status websites listed above functional? All I am getting is error messages or no message and just a return to the same screen.

Userlevel 5

I'm sorry for the confusion, @magenta7180491​! I can see how that would put you in a bind. This information should've been covered in the trade-in terms and conditions, however, mentioning it upfront would've been a lot more helpful!

@ecwinch​, hmm. If you're seeing errors, I recommend working with our T-Force team via Facebook or Twitter to get an accurate status of your trade-in.

When I talked to customer service, they had confirmed that they have

received my trade in device. But, when i give my RMA number it still shows

that T-mobile is waiting for my device and today is the due date. Not

sure what to do.

I had the similar problem . Tried searching the RMA number multiple times finally it gave the result . However the status shows in correct , My trade-in device was delivered by 07-DEC-2018 however the status shown on RMA tracking is like " Pending Shipping by customer. Status will be updated when the device is received" .

Not sure why it is showing like that

Satya, Contact T Mobile customer care and ask them to raise a request for trade in handset search ticket. They will track it and let you know in 3-5 business days. I did the same.

27th Dec 2018 - Received message with Virtual card details. Everything good now.

Any ideas on how to to cash that without any fees?

Great..Congratulations. I do not think there will be any fees and you

should be able to use it like a credit card (as per my understanding). May

i know how long it took for you to receive the virtual card since Tmobile

received your phone. Did you get a text message with virtual card

details?

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 5:50 PM magenta7033048 <no-reply@t-mobile.com>

Go to your Apple wallet and add the Wirecard (MC debit) as a funding source for Apple cash. Then make a transfer from Apple cash to your bank account (easy to set up if you haven’t done so, just answer a couple of questions.)

No fees and easy peasy.

Yes did the same... added card to apple wallet. Transferred to apple cash and then to boa. Thanks

UPDATE: I got a text on December 19 indicating a $36 trade-in credit was posted to my account for the iPhone 6s. On December 25 I got a text saying a Prepaid Virtual Card for the Costco November Apple Device On Us promo was available. $750 - $36 = $714 on a "Wirecard" MasterCard Debit.

I went to my Apple wallet and entered it as a funding source for Apple Cash then did a transfer to my checking account for $714 (no fees) Merry Christmas to me.