Tmobile activated a line with no permission, and have not refunded me.

• 18 September 2021
  • 13 replies

Badge

Hello I am very upset and disappointed by the customer service we have received regarding this issue.  We have our account on a military suspension while we are overseas, but we were still paying for one phone back in the states for my sister.  Once it came to closing the phone line we closed the phone line but for some reason Tmobile opened my military suspended line and had been charging me for months until I caught the charges.  Now they had been charging for about 7 months and it came out to ver 500$ that they took from my account for a line we never authorized for them to open and a line that had never been used.  We have opened MULTIPLE investigations Since the middle of July and have received no response regarding our issue.  We are very upset and highly disappointed with the lack of communication.  We have been offered credit on our account which we continually decline because we will NOT be returning back to T-MOBILE once we return to the states.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms. The support team is a higher tier of support.

Badge

Contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms. The support team is a higher tier of support.

I have contacted them on the messenger and over the phone MULTIPLE times I have around 9 investigations open with NO response to any of them regarding my refund.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Badge

Try contacting the Better Business Bureau.

How would I contact them? and what would that do?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

We have our account on a military suspension while we are overseas ... we will NOT be returning back to T-MOBILE once we return to the states.

Any reason why you would just suspended your account instead of closing it, if you had no intention of returning to T-Mobile?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m not surprised. T Mobile customer service is HORRIBLE. I second the suggestion to contact BBB. I just contacted BBB last night and put in a claim against T mobile. they screwed me over big time. T-Mobile had a very deceptive sales process with me, taking $700 from me. They convinced me to switch to Verizon (after 20 years of being a Verizon customer) by offering a promotion where I got an ~$800 credit for my old phone applied to a new phone, essentially getting the new phone for free. The credit would be applied monthly for the next 24 months. I then saw my bill and the credit was NOT applied. I called and they said they only gave me $75 credit, not $800, because my phone had a small crack on the screen. The salesperson NEVER told me the screen had to be flawless. I don't even remember there being a crack either. T Mobile never called me, emailed me, or mailed me about this. I found out about it from noticing my bill was too high. I contacted customer service and they claimed there was nothing they could do about it. I was lied to and cheated out of over $700. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I called and they said they only gave me $75 credit, not $800, because my phone had a small crack on the screen. The salesperson NEVER told me the screen had to be flawless.

T-Mobile is fairly clear on phone trade-in conditions:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/device-troubleshooting/check-the-condition-of-a-device

Curious how the BBB complaint will be resolved.

Userlevel 1
Badge

the salesperson should’ve explained this to me! they never did. not once.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I called and they said they only gave me $75 credit, not $800, because my phone had a small crack on the screen. The salesperson NEVER told me the screen had to be flawless.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/device-troubleshooting/check-the-condition-of-a-device

I have to give T Mobile credit. they contacted me today letting me know they are honoring my original promotion in full after reviewing my case. I am grateful for that and impressed they reconsidered and changed their mind. Thank you T Mobile.

Hello I am very upset and disappointed by the customer service we have received regarding this issue.  We have our account on a military suspension while we are overseas, but we were still paying for one phone back in the states for my sister.  Once it came to closing the phone line we closed the phone line but for some reason Tmobile opened my military suspended line and had been charging me for months until I caught the charges.  Now they had been charging for about 7 months and it came out to ver 500$ that they took from my account for a line we never authorized for them to open and a line that had never been used.  We have opened MULTIPLE investigations Since the middle of July and have received no response regarding our issue.  We are very upset and highly disappointed with the lack of communication.  We have been offered credit on our account which we continually decline because we will NOT be returning back to T-MOBILE once we return to the states.

I’ve been screwed over by T-Mobile on switching a tablet.  Hope you get yours resolved, 2nd level support was just as bad as first level in assisting me, but at least the ones I've talked to there spoke English.

I have to give T Mobile credit. they contacted me today letting me know they are honoring my original promotion in full after reviewing my case. I am grateful for that and impressed they reconsidered and changed their mind. Thank you T Mobile.

He was lucky to get $75!  I sent in a three month old Samsung S7 FE 5G tablet with a $75 screen protector on it and got $10

Hello All, 

i am also very upset at the services that I revieved from T-mobile as well. I have been paying for a line for 3 years that I have sold the watch off of my plan. I was never and it did not cross my mind that I had to cancel this line. I noticed my bill was extremely high but I also had other installments on my bill which caused me to think that I was owing for extra things.. i veiled my bill and still it was not clear I had a extra line. Come to find out I also sold my iPad and I gave it away 9 months ago and that line was stilll there as well.. So I have been paying for 2  over a year… I have called T-Mobile and asked to speak to a manager and they stated to me that the can only credit back 3 months on line. I am a person that every dollar counts. I will be writing this week. I have had several bad calls with T-Mobile reps. I have my calls from the rep time… I am keeping track of everything… something needs to be done… T mobile has to take better care of their clients…

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello All, 

i am also very upset at the services that I revieved from T-mobile as well. I have been paying for a line for 3 years that I have sold the watch off of my plan. I was never and it did not cross my mind that I had to cancel this line. I noticed my bill was extremely high but I also had other installments on my bill which caused me to think that I was owing for extra things.. i veiled my bill and still it was not clear I had a extra line. Come to find out I also sold my iPad and I gave it away 9 months ago and that line was stilll there as well.. So I have been paying for 2  over a year… I have called T-Mobile and asked to speak to a manager and they stated to me that the can only credit back 3 months on line. I am a person that every dollar counts. I will be writing this week. I have had several bad calls with T-Mobile reps. I have my calls from the rep time… I am keeping track of everything… something needs to be done… T mobile has to take better care of their clients…

Did you cancel the lines in question after you sold or gave away the devices?. If not there is no way T-Mobile would know you no longer had this device unless you informed them. Lets say they just ended the service without your consent, you would be upset at that would you not. Saying they should take better care of their clients is like asking them to babysit you as you cant be trusted to take care of yourself. Any service you no longer need has to be cancelled by you. Sorry it took you awhile to find this out but the issue is with you not doing what you need to do.

Today Is The Tomorrow You Worried About Yesterday