Question

tmobile customer personal data breach

• 27 August 2021
  • 15 replies

Badge

on mytmobile account page i see the message that my personal data was accessed.  how do i determine exactly which elemenst of my personal data were accessed?  was my social security taken?  drivers liscense?  how does a customer learn exactly what was potentially taken?  this question has nothing to do with mcafee.  please do not reference mcafee in any reply.  thank you

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

contact TMO either by call in or through Facebook or Twitter to see if they can answer this one..

the site here is primarily peer to peer with some TMO moderation to keep order..they do not have account access

Mcafee

Badge

thanks fireguy_6364.  tmobile phone rep could not answer my question.  that’s what drove me here. not surprising i guess no real tmobile sypport/participation here despite hosting the site.  minimal customer service as usual. this data brweach is very upsetting.  tmobile didn’t need my ss# to sell me wireless sevice or phone.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

they gotta identify its you somehow..same goes for most companies. not that it makes much of a difference but ATT was hit a couple days later after TMO.. it isnt really that new..data breaches have been being reported a ton lately with a bunch of huge companies over the last few months.

as for support..the FB or Twitte route lands you with tier 2 support where call in gets you tier 1.

Anyone else’s debit card linked to their T-Mobile account have it compromised? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I never put my debit card as a form of payment on the web even though it has a Visa logo attached.

I’d rather have a Credit Card get compromised.

Our Response to the Data Breach (Aug 2021) | T-Mobile

They are lazy, and did not properly protect our personal data.

it shows on the home page my personal data was accessed again.  Also happend in 2015

I signed up for MaCafee and never got the email ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Did you check your spam folder.

They have you sign up for McAfee protection and after you enter the info… nothing. You do not get anything from McAfee. 

They should be on this. I guess it’s too much trouble for them to be bothered?

Hello T-mobile, anyone home?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

They have you sign up for McAfee protection and after you enter the info… nothing. You do not get anything from McAfee. 

They should be on this. I guess it’s too much trouble for them to be bothered?

Hello T-mobile, anyone home?

this is a peer to peer site so no..they are not home…

and did you check your spam folder since many are finding the response from McAfee in there?

Thank you for sharing.

perhaps McAfee did not check their outbox?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

pretty sure they dont have a physical person there responding to everyone.. its automated. it can take up to 48 ish hours and as i pointed out above most have found the response in their email spam folder.

It’s been over a week. T-Mobile says Mcafee is overloaded and solutions is you will just have to wait.

There you go.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

then theres your answer..they cant fix how many people are currently trying to use them due to the breach.

on mytmobile account page i see the message that my personal data was accessed.  how do i determine exactly which elemenst of my personal data were accessed?  was my social security taken?  drivers liscense?  how does a customer learn exactly what was potentially taken?  this question has nothing to do with mcafee.  please do not reference mcafee in any reply.  thank you

I got message regarding our information was as well. Small Business Administration just advised someone tried getting Disaster Loans so now I have to report identity theft everywhere 

Just a heads up for everyone to check their credit