Solved

Tmobile is blocking my messages sent to customers

• 14 October 2020
  • 45 replies

Badge

Hi, I have a service that reminds people to move their car on street sweeping days (dontfearthesweeper (dot) com). It sends a text message the night before your street sweeping. Everyone I send messages to signed up for the service, and they have the option to stop getting messages at any time.

It has come to my attention that tmobile is blocking my messages. As far as I can tell tmobile is the only carrier that blocks the messages. How do I fix this situation?

I spoke with several people in customer support. I heard over and over again that I had to be a tmobile customer to get support on this issue. So I’ve bought a tmobile account just to get help with this. I’ve confirmed on my new tmobile phone number that my messages are being blocked. The first message went through, but after that the rest of the messages were blocked.

The messages are being sent through a normal (not short code) phone number with twilio. I’m sure they’re following all the appropriate procedures. I’ve seen people mention needing to use a short code phone number which is prohibitively expensive (1000’s of dollars per year) for a service I provide for free.

@srickar, I saw that you were able to help other people with similar problems. Can you help me here?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 21 June 2022, 23:45

View original

45 replies

Badge

@srickar we need some help with this as well. Can we connect on DM? Any sms msgs with a link to a specific website is being blocked.

Hi @anantharao 

Sure, would be glad to help. Please send me a DM with details, but please also refer to this guide. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/consumer-versus-non-consumer-text-messaging 

Thanks, 

Hi, we are registered to the A2P10DLC on twilio. But text messages having a specific website(s) are being filtered out. This happens even when that text message is sent from a consumer cellular phone having that website link. How do I DM?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@srickar we need some help with this as well. Can we connect on DM? Any sms msgs with a link to a specific website is being blocked.

Hi @anantharao 

Sure, would be glad to help. Please send me a DM with details, but please also refer to this guide. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/consumer-versus-non-consumer-text-messaging 

Thanks, 

Hi, we are registered to the A2P10DLC on twilio. But text messages having a specific website(s) are being filtered out. This happens even when that text message is sent from a consumer cellular phone having that website link. How do I DM?

Then I would escalate to Twilio direct. If a number is true 10DLC, filtering would not exist. This appears to be a case of advising its 10DLC, but the number has not actually been changed on the backend to route as true 10DLC. The best way to ask if a number is 10DLC, is to directly ask if the 10DLC line is true 10DLC. 

Registering a number as 10DLC is only a small step in the application process. There are other backend changes that are required before the integration is fully complete.

Hi @srickar ! 
I sent you a DM but I wanted to note that we are seeing the same issue. Some of our Twilio outbound texts are not being recieved by T-Mobile customers when we alert our customers that our technicians are on their way. I am hoping we can 1) get whitelisted 2) get a better understanding of what caused this in the first place so we can avoid the issue in the future. 

Many thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @srickar ! 
I sent you a DM but I wanted to note that we are seeing the same issue. Some of our Twilio outbound texts are not being recieved by T-Mobile customers when we alert our customers that our technicians are on their way. I am hoping we can 1) get whitelisted 2) get a better understanding of what caused this in the first place so we can avoid the issue in the future. 

Many thanks!

Craig, thanks for that description. Since this is Twilio traffic, please open a case direct with Twilio. If the traffic is 10DLC based, its not filtered and I cannot exempt anything. It may have to do with TPS limits. 

Badge

Twilio is NOT sending SMS messages to T-mobile via 10DLC at all. They are sending this though P2P connection. Resulting in blocked sms messages. As per Twillio, they have not completed development yet and cannot comment on when they will be done. I have this on record.

They have asked to use a more expensive Toll free number to send messages to avoid the problem. 

Does T-mobile block SMS sent over Toll free numbers? even if it is sent over P2P. Should I consider moving away from Twilio or get suckered in for more :)

Any specific providers that are true 10DLC compliant?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @anantharao 10DLC migration is fully operational. I sent you a DM to gather further details so I can check with Twilio. Thanks.

@srickar Our company is having the same issues as others above. We’re 10DLC and have basically reduced our message content down to a minimum and are still being blocked again (according to Twilio) almost as soon as the ‘unblock date’ passes. We’ve successfully applied for A2P 10DLC but Twilio keeps saying the T-Mobile support for that won’t be ready until at least next quarter. Anyway we can get in a DM and get more info than Twilio can provide?

Badge

@srickar Our company is having the same issues as others above. We’re 10DLC and have basically reduced our message content down to a minimum and are still being blocked again (according to Twilio) almost as soon as the ‘unblock date’ passes. We’ve successfully applied for A2P 10DLC but Twilio keeps saying the T-Mobile support for that won’t be ready until at least next quarter. Anyway we can get in a DM and get more info than Twilio can provide?

Hi, 

Twilio is lying. They were sending our traffic through P2P although they had 10DLC operational. After some arm twisting, they finally moved our traffic over 10DLC in a matter of hours. It seems Twilio needs to be sued for false advertising and bait and switch tactics. I was able to talk directly to Twilio Sales team.

Badge

My hearty thanks to @srickar for helping us in this situation and nailing Twilio for their lies.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Please reach out to Twilio for contractual reasons. The escalation path is between the content provider and Twilio. We are happily available to help Twilio if they reach out to us.

@srickar We have and just keep getting the same answers: ‘T-Mobile is blocking you for unknown reasons, you’ll be unblocked on this date. You can avoid this with a toll free number.’

The date passes and we are immediately blocked again. We inquire about the status of our A2P through T-Mobile and they say the system won’t be ready for months.

So we’re kind of left with nothing. Is there anything in particular we can provide them that can escalate this more?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@srickar We have and just keep getting the same answers: ‘T-Mobile is blocking you for unknown reasons, you’ll be unblocked on this date. You can avoid this with a toll free number.’

The date passes and we are immediately blocked again. We inquire about the status of our A2P through T-Mobile and they say the system won’t be ready for months.

So we’re kind of left with nothing. Is there anything in particular we can provide them that can escalate this more?

@tunruh-spiffy This is unacceptable. We have made Twilio leadership aware of this page. Please escalate to Twilio and let us know if you are not able to make progress. 

We are having similar issues with messages not going through to patients. We are a doctors office. We use Call Tracking Metrics. One of our lines none of the messages go through anymore through text which is our companies main line. We can’t even send out appointment reminders to patients or respond to their texts when they text us. The other lines don’t allow us to send web address links. For instance with instructions on how to use their medications. Here is an example of a patient training link that always gets blocked: https://clinicforhim.com/training/

@srickar - I am facing a problem with receiving emails that have been sent via SMS.  In my specific situation I am sending emails via my home camera surveillance system.  I have my system email smtp configured to send an alert when a motion is detected to my cell phone. This was working fine for many months then all of a sudden sometime early this month the messages stopped coming to my phone text messages.  When I login to my email address that was configured with my surveillance system I can see that the email was successfully sent with no errors.  So it looks like there is something wrong on the T-Mobile side possibly, but not sure.  Is this something you can help me with?  Many thanks in advance.

@srickar Can you tell me why links with https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/ are being filtered when sending texts to or from a T-Mobile device?  It doesn't seem to matter what the rest of the URL is... i.e. specific articles on the site.

@srickar I’m having issues where my @tmomail messages sent from my domain to me and my wife are getting blocked. If i change the subject line to Testing the messages go through. I have SPF, DKIM, and DMARC all setup, and all three pass when i send an email to gmail.

Hi @srickar,

Our customers send consumer messages to their clients manually from their handsets. The message contains a unique link of a domain we own, which represents our customers identity. Recently our clients started reporting recipients of T-Mobile are not getting their text messages. Is there a chance the messages are being filtered out? The same customers sending to the same recipients messages with our other domain are getting the messages just fine.

Thank you,

Badge

Hello @srickar,

I DM you concerning “421 4.2.0 sender rejected AUP#SNDR”. Tmobile is blocking our messages sent to customers. We send a large number of emails daily. Can you please assist us?

Thank you,

Hi @srickar and @HeavenM - We’re having exactly same issues as described above with our customers sending our link to each other and the link being filtered out.  Can you please help resolve this issue?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello all! There are many reasons why texting is amazing. The convenience means that your message can be spread to many people quickly. We all know that scammers are finding different ways to spread their own messages too. Because of that there are a few things that need to happen if someone is going to be sending business messages like a lot of people are talking about on this thread. To get more information about the difference in messaging types and how to ensure that your messages are not getting blocked as spam, check out our Support page https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/consumer-versus-non-consumer-text-messaging

We greatly appreciate SRickar for lending a hand on these situations in the past, but as long as the right registrations have been done no further escalations are needed.