Solved

TMobile Overcharges everytime

• 20 April 2018
  • 9 replies

Nov 2016 I took their Thanksgiving $120 4-lines and unlimited data.

The first bill was already over charged by $60. Everytime I call they say that my bill is $180 because I had to pay for the extra 2-lines. But after a LOT of back and forth they will credit me once or twice. But its been almost 3-years now.

They're saying that there was never even a $120 Deal back in 2016 Thanksgiving. So it goes on and on.

What can I do. I just called Tmobile and they said they will only check 3-months back. Beyond that its the customers responsibility to check the bills.

Basically TMobile owes me around $1,680.

Unless this gets resolved. This is very fraudulent. I'm frustrated and so tired of calling them.

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 20 April 2018, 21:11

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

We definitely don't want you to be frustrated with anymore. I think I know what offer you're talking about. I believe it was the Friends and Family 2 lines on Us. Are you signed up with a T-Mobile ONE tax exclusive or a Simple Choice plan? I know there's specifics around this promo in order to get it. In order to dig into this a bit further, we'd need to have a Care rep take a look at your account. You should try reaching out to our T-Force team using the Facebook or Twitter links in my badge or on our Community-2153​ page.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I had the same problem in November 2016 which was never actually truly resolved, period. It was never correctly fixed nor was I ever told if anything would ever be actually done about the problems. At the time I had 5 lines and wanted to get at least 1 free line. I added 2 free lines. They were not indeed free at all. The plan I was on apparently had a free line that was hidden. After over a year of trying to get them to fix it they finally did a 500 credit settlement. I also was given 205 off and promo plus was added to every line which I currently have 6 lines. I was never able to actually get any free lines ever. Which all I wanted was the free lines and now I would never add a new line because the Plus feature is not free so the value is permanently lost from my older Simple Choice plan. I pay 160 dollars now for 6 lines. However, I will always feel like they never took my concerns logically. I was paying 215 dollars for 5 lines of unlimited with 14GBs of LTE tethering and all the great features. I ended up losing all of that because I had no other choice but to convert over to the One Plan or I would be literally paying way way too much. I have been a customer over 5 years. I had my first smart phone with T-Mobile which was Nexus s and even used a Sidekick for a while many years ago. You will never be able to get the free lines. They cannot offer anything that isn't in existence. You might want to make sure to take every note you can and turn it into your states business bureau. They will contact you right away if they fear the government will be snooping.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

They did the same thing to me and it took well over a year to resolve. Honestly the only way I finalized everything barely and never actually got what I wanted was by contacting my states consumer protection authority.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

This still has yes to ever be resolved in ernest. I mean I have a good deal. What can I say? But I still think it is absolutely horrible it took me an entire year to get something reasonable.

Same situation I suspended my son's line they took upon themselves to reactivate the and have been charging me

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

TMobile flat out lied though and were simply trying to make sales. The entire Nov 2016 thing should be fully assessed because at least one associate rep went back for training.

December 26th, 2016 I opened a digit line with T-mobile to be assoicated with a new Apple Watch. Tmobile auto deducts my payment from bank account or they will charge you $30 if not. I had no reason to look at my bill since it auto deducted and it was the same amount almost every month. January 2020, I happend to check my account to see how much I owed left on my cell phone installment plan and I noticed I had 6 lines. I'm only suppose to have 5 lines. 4 talk lines and 1 digit line ( for the watch). They have been charging me 1 digit line for $15.00 since Dec 2016. When I called them- 3 times to discuss this, starting January 16th, resulting in them admiting there was an additional digit line and the would cancel it and have a manager reach out to me. Time passed and I called back 1/25/2020 to discuss out come and they said all they can offer me was $100 credit.  I disputed this and said you fraudlently and wrongly charged me. You dont get to keep my money. They said because I didnt notice it within 60 days of the 1st bill it showed up there is nothing they can do and its my fault. T-mobile owes me over $500 plus tax. Today January 27th, 2020, I just received a text that they canceled the "extra line".

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Tmobile can be extremely careless and they can exonerate themselves. Be happy you noticed the damages sooner than way way late in the game. Cancellations usually are done as dated and would or could take 2 full cycles to show correctly.

Badge

Hello everyone! The year is 2021 and guess what? We still have this same issue!!! We signed up for the T-Mobile promotional offer for the 4 lines at $120 (3rd and 4th free) over 4-5 years ago. Mind you we wouldn’t have made the switch if it weren’t for this offer. I wasn’t an adult at the time so my parents handled all the billing information and details. Now that I’m an adult, finance major to add to it, I took it upon myself to check out the details of our plan and wouldn’t you be surprised…… My parents had thought they’ve been paying off equipment this whole time but the reality of the situation is we’ve been getting over charged on our plan. The charge on our plan is $155.31 after $40 of discounts this excludes the 360 coverage service charge we take on for 4 lines ($63 to be exact) leaving us with a monthly total of $218.31 for four lines on an old T-Mobile One TE plan….. This is ridiculous. Only T-Mobile knows how long we’ve been getting overcharged since our invoices only go as far back as February 2020. I’ve tried getting in contact with customer support but they’ve sent us through numerous hoops on account confirmation before our call gets dropped. I will be going into a physical T-Mobile store to try to get this issue resolved, if not we’re hitting up the consumer protection agency and probably going to a new service provider as well.