TMOBILE SUCKS

• 11 November 2021
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

After being on hold and dealing with about 7 different people while trying to transfer my account to my son’s name, repeating every step at least 5-6 times with each new person, TMOBILE hung up on us.  The elapse time was about 90+ minutes. Incredibility frustrating. And their on hold music absolutely SUCKS and is horrible. Now we have no idea where we are with TMOBILE and what state my account is in. Frustrating. Absolutely horrible customer service.

22 replies

Userlevel 1

Consider yourself lucky. I have been on the phone over a week period approaching six hours now and three store visits. All I need to do is upgrade one phone using their $400 offer so I only pay the tax, and to switch my Sprint plan to T-Mobile without incurring additional costs. They lied about the cost. I am now paying $25 a month more for the same service plan I had with Sprint, and I still don’t have the order in for the new phone. I am calling some other companies in the morning who want my business after 6 years with Sprint, now T-Mobile.

T mobile sucks just got my phones today been on hold for 3 hours now I will be canceling you suck like sprint did I will tell every one to stay away from you

Agree!  They are absolutely terrible!  Had Sprint for 20 years, which I loved!  They merged into T-Mobile so I had to change to T-Mobile.  I had absolutely NO service at a lot of places I normally travel.  I called T-Mobile and the representative couldn’t believe the lady at the store switched me considering the map showed I would have no service.  She advised me to refuse my UPS package that had the new phones in and find another provider. That is exactly what I did.   I immediately switch to Verizon.  This was back in September.  To this day, 6 phone calls later, all on hold for over 45 minutes each time, and they still can’t find one of the phones.  The $400 phone, that was in the box I refused, is now under collections.  I refused the UPS package that was supposed to have BOTH phones in it.  Did one of their incompetent employees forget to put both phones in the box,or did one of those incompetent employees FORGET to check in both phones? I’ve had it!!!!  They will NOT get that $400 from me.  I have all evidence of those phones being returned and my service cancelled.  T-Mobile needs to get their act together.  They do suck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

I switched to T-Mobile recently from another company, thinking their service would be better. I’ve had 4 representatives lie to me, one told me there were enhancements being done around my area and it would take a couple of more days for the work to be completed, and then my service would be better. Not true. It has been 5 days now.  Service is still LTE. The second rep told me it was because network settings had to be reset, after the reset I had to turn off and on my device, and he would call me after 5 minutes to check if service had improved. Still waiting on his call five days later. Service is still LTE, although the map of service coverage can blind you with all the magenta color of how much “coverage” is where I live. The second representative was not help at all, lied a lot about the enhancements and how he much cared about my experience to be a good one. The third rep was tired and since my phone had been resettled so many times, he kept me waiting while he found and available “Advanced Technical Expert” to get this “resolved”. The fourth rep the “Expert” wanted to reset my network settings again, when I told her how the other people had already done that and if it wasn’t for the wifi at home and work, this phone would be unserviceable, she lied again about the enhancements and told me, it would take another three days for the engagement in the towers near my area to be completed, and that she would schedule a call with me in 3 days. Her name is Trinity. Let’s see if that happens. Thank God I do not have a contract and can cancel at any time. These reps are well trained to lie and keep the lie going about how service is being worked on and how valued you are, and we “care” about fast service being provided and even use hearts emojis when they finish a sentence. Planning on changing to a new company in the next few days, don’t fall for their lies.

T-Mobile’s customer service is reckless and commitment to offer the best service is not true. I signed up with them with all these promos and what they said were the best deals all was all a LIE. I’ve been calling them since DECEMBER 2021, going back and forth with different EXPERTS and STORE MANAGER to help them resolve the ISSUE/MISTAKE and T-MOBILE keep passing the buck to me that I need to this or that. T-MOBILE should be held responsible to make right THEIR issue/mistake, not the CUSTOMER. I asked for email for upper management or contact info, they refused due to safety issues. The expert took note of my concerns, sent email and said that’s all they could do. DO BETTER TMOBILE! 

I’ve had great service with TMobile for years. I recently bought a new phone with them. It lasted about and then bricked. They charged me $27 to return it and get a new phone. I complained and they reduced it to $7 shipping. The following month they added the $20 charge again. 

I recently signed up for the internet service. I use Prime for my TV. It regularly goes in and out of focus on all channels, Prime, Netflix, HBO, etc… Tmobile has no solution.

I signed up with tmobile internet b/c I don’t the like the other options. The person who sold it to me guaranteed it was $40/month. It’s not. It’s $55/month and when I spoke to customer service they could not provide an answer except to say “that’s the cost.” 

For me, the promised $40/month for internet is $55. The defective phone they sent me, they are charging me $27 for the exchange. I’ve been with tmobile for 10+ years and now I’m looking elsewhere. I hope you do too. 

Edit: I’ve had great service with TMobile for years. I recently bought a new phone with them. It lasted about two weeks and then bricked. They charged me $27 to return it and get a new phone. I complained and they reduced it to $7 shipping. The following month they added the $20 charge again. 

I recently signed up for the internet service. I use Prime for my TV. All channels, Prime, Netflix, HBO, regularyly go in and out of focus.Tmobile has no solution.

I signed up with tmobile internet b/c I don’t the like the other options. The person who sold it to me guaranteed it was $40/month. It’s not. It’s $55/month and when I spoke to customer service they could not provide an answer except to say “that’s the cost.” 

For me, the promised $40/month for internet is $55. The defective phone they sent me, they are charging me $27 for the exchange. I’ve been with tmobile for 10+ years and now I’m looking elsewhere. I hope you do too. 

Userlevel 1

After being on hold and dealing with about 7 different people while trying to transfer my account to my son’s name, repeating every step at least 5-6 times with each new person, TMOBILE hung up on us.  The elapse time was about 90+ minutes. Incredibility frustrating. And their on hold music absolutely SUCKS and is horrible. Now we have no idea where we are with TMOBILE and what state my account is in. Frustrating. Absolutely horrible customer service.

I totally 👍 agree. They SUCK!!!

Userlevel 1

I totally 👍 agree. They SUCK!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

It appears the $40 promo has ended.

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp/home-internet-deals

Your cost should be $50 if you have autopay.

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp

It was $40/month when I spoke to the salesperson. $50/month? I never would have signed up. I might overlook it if the service was great. It’s intermittent and drops device regularly. 

Also, for anybody who doesn’t know, I a mobile phone in a box. It has it’s own phone number.

Badge

I was a Sprint customer for years. When I finally had all I could take of their price gouging, crummy service and abysmal customer support, I fled to T-mobile. I signed up for a pre-paid single line plan for $30/mo. I was very happy. My Sprint service had risen to $90/mo. Now, I have been a T-Mobile customer for a number of years. Phone/Online customer support has never been great, but it was serviceable. The support I have received in my local T-Mobile store has always been utterly fantastic.

A few months ago, T-Mobile called to inform me that my existing plan was not offered anymore, but they had a similar plan that would bump my voice to unlimited and increase the data a bit for $25/mo. I asked if the plans were identical, except for the minutes and data. They said yes. I gave them permission to switch me.

One of the reasons I am loyal to T-Mobile is that every year, through T-Mobile Tuesdays, they offer a free subscription to mlb.tv and I am a fan of an out of market team. This year, for the first time in years, when I tried to sign on to the T-Mobile Tuesday app, it said, “Your Phone Number Is Not Eligible For T-Mobile Tuesdays.” I called support and explained that I was assured that this plan was identical to my old plan except for the amount of voice and data. She informed me that this $25 account is not eligible for TMT, that I would have to upgrade to a $40/mo. plan. I reminded her (probably in a pretty angry tone of voice) that they misrepresented the plan and that I had no desire to change except that it was cheaper and guranteed to be the same as my old account.

She just kept saying, “I have told you what you need to do to fix the problem, is there anything else I can do to help you today?” I said, “You haven’t done anything! Allow me to sign up for T-Mobile Tuesdays, start my mlb.tv subscription, then cancel TMT after that. I am not going to pay nearly double per month to watch baseball. She just kept repeating herself. I ended the call. Interestingly, I did not receive a text link to a survey about the customer service I received.

I am not going to leave T-Mobile because it would cost twice as much to replicate the service anywhere else. I am considering switching to the $15/mo prepaid plan and I will stop recommending T-Mobile to friends and family. I will warn them of the wretched experiences I and others have had. Really all they needed to do was be honest and helpful, two character traits I expect of myself and others. Seems to be a lost cause these days. Boo T-Mobile. You suck!

I'm Still having the same problems with the phone my data is gone this month why? something about whitelsited vs data the primary phone number on my account is not correct after three months and tmobile did not refund the money a thief charged on my account

I have been trying to get an accurate proof of purchase for my son’s phone to provide to AppleCare for 11 days due to FindMyPhone lock still on the phone even though I removed it from the phone after signing into the iCloud account. Apparently at some point my son signed onto his phone using a different iCloud account that still has a FindMyPhone lock enabled, and he doesn’t remember the password. I keep being sent a link to the EIP, which I have explained to 11 different Customer Care representatives, does not have the correct spelling of my first name nor does it have the device serial number/IMEI number. AppleCare will not accept the EIP because of these errors and omissions. I have been promised a call back yesterday from Enzo a Customer Care supervisor and he never call me back. Was promised today by Customer Care rep Leslie that a manager would call me within one hour. It’s now 3 hours later and still no call back.

I have been doing IT support for 30+ years and a key tenant of support is getting it right the first time.  This is the worst customer service I have ever received, and my son’s phone has still not been replaced. The issue is supposedly being escalated. However, since it’s the weekend nothing will happen until Monday, I’m told it may take up to 48 hours for a response. That will mean a total of two weeks just to get a corrected proof of purchase. 

By the time I get a corrected proof of purchase Apple will allow me to reset the password. For some inexplicable reason Apple Support requires one to wait 14 days for a password reset if you can’t provide proof of purchase. 

Horrible experience with reps.  None will do anything for you.  I did the trade in promo.  Sent my old phone back for a $400 credit.  I tracked my trade in back to their facility in Fort Worth TX.  I called and talked with a rep confirming my trade in was credited to my account.  Then I got a couple of bills that were higher than expected.  The last one was nearly$30 more than it was supposed to be. I called and found out that, according to a Rep in India, they had no record of my trade in phone. I no longer had the tracking number once it was confirmed. The rep asked if I had documentation of this confirmation. I said no, she said then there's nothing I can do for you.  What a way to try to rip people off. I tried to call back to see if maybe someone else could help.  I got the exact response.  I asked for a supervisor.  Got the exact response. So, to them, I was SOL.  I asked if they could get the tracking number of the label, they sent me to return my old phone to them.  They wouldn’t offer it and even said they have no record of that either. I had to make multiple calls and got nowhere.  Finally, I asked for an American Rep.  They said yes and I got cut off.  I called yet again and miraculously ended up with an American Rep. She was able to get my tracking number after some time on the phone.  She said she credited the $400 to my account but not yet showing up.  She was supposed to call me 5 days later. Shocker, she didn’t.  Called once again and got the Phillappines.  It does show a credit is supposed to attach to my account but hasn’t yet.  I’ve had, at this point been on the phone calls nearly a total of 4hours. 4 hours out of my time for something that should never have happened or at the very least fixed in a instant.  What kills me is they ask if I’d recommend TMobile to friends.  Dumb question to even ask. To this day its still not resolved. They are more worried that they’d give me too much credit back if they did it manually.  Really?  Too bad!  I want my money back! I don’t know how this money wasn’t credited to my account in the first place. Horrible Protocol

Worthless service with piss poor signal quality! 

Unfortunate that they destroyed Sprint…

Will be ditching this provider for lack of service quality, dereliction for our money.

Same BS here in central Michigan. Map says ultmate 5g, but my signal is “good” with 3 bars at max even outside, and I’m getting .6-1mbps speeds both up and down. I keep getting the same tower enhancement excuse. This is far below the 35-110mbps service they advertise. I highly suggest everyone suggest everyone file an FCC complaint here https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=38824 

This will absolutely get T-Mobiles attention as the FCC does track these complaints.

I have contract that is null and void and have repeatedly been lied to by Tmobile. They have not honored my contract resulting in my bill being over a hundred dollars more every month. They have me turn my Find My iphone off on telephones I sent in that they claim they never receive then claim they mail rebate for one tele having me wait nine or ten weeks only to say it is lost in the mail then say they never mailed it having me chase it all over town through post office. They give partial credit for one claiming to never have to go through it again and promise to give credit on the other by having no bill at Christmas then turn my services off Christmas day a year after beginning of null contract.  Then say my bill is lowered then raise it right back then give me bill credits then take them away then say they never receive the trade in teles but why do they have me turn off Find My iphone so they can sell my devices I sent in. They call me a liar. they take my money: they do not honor their word and they need to be put out of business. My so-called contract is up in December, and I will have more than fulfilled my responsibilities his is just for starters! I have screen shots pf supposed updated lowered billing and voice recordings and chat messaging to prove the extent of lies I am told not to mention the down payment I made on “FREE TELEPHONES” That should have been my first clue after losing my account three times when buyout og Metro took place making me not get the original deal I was supposed to get. I would never advise anyone to sign any contract with this company!

I've been a,T Mobile customer since 2003. And I might add a happy and content customer. Since the merger with Sprint, T Mobile sucks. They alow Samsung to access to my T Mobile phone whether they have been up to no good for me. The phone service itself sucks. Have to reboot my phone daily just to get a signal.

So, my phone is paid off next month and I'm looking for a different provider.

Oh yeah, I'm suppose to have unlimited data and unlimited roaming and I get this message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

unlimited roaming however if you hit a certain limit numerous times each billing cycle it’ll be considered over use of roaming. usually you’ll get a warning you are roaming to much..once it goes past that they will have to look at other options..

if you are roaming THAT much every month why even debate sticking around with TMO? figure out who has reception in the areas you roam at now and switch to them.