TMobile used to be great

Userlevel 3
Badge

T-Mobile used to be great, but I guess because they took over Sprint, they’re trying to be as awful as them.
1) I supposedly have 600mhz towers in my area, yet none of my devices will ever connect to them, despite being compatible. Therefore, unless I’m on WiFi, my ”service“ is either nonexistent or just so insultingly weak that I may as well not have any bars.
2) “Netflix on us” which is why I’m still paying extra for it, even having 2 voice lines.
3) Finding out that T-Mobile hates customers who need only one voice line. They start penalizing you by charging you so much more that there is no difference in the prices between them and Verizon. Got a tablet?  Expect to pay even more than that. I would need a phone, tablet, or watch line, and if I were to get the 30gb LTE hotspot here, it’d cost me $40 more here than it would with Verizon per month. Again, i only want my plan for myself, and TMobile penalizes you by charging you more money for that.
4) The worst of it? T Mobile doesn’t give a rat’s behind for your feedback. I’ve made multiple instances of feedback and complaints for several months and the ”corporation” refuses to act on any of it. They just suggest my bad coverage is my fault and expects me to drop $1500 on a device for 600mhz Im nowhere near. I’ve suggested where towers can be put. Nobody in the company cares.
So, after so many years with TMobile, I’ve concluded that TMobile does not care whatsoever to lose my business and many others simply because I don’t have 3948383 voice lines on my plan. If I’m going to pay a company more than Verizon, I expect service to be top notch. Instead, I pay $50 per month for an “un Carrier” who decides “screw you” On me having actual service. ill be switching to Verizon at the end of the month to get actual service and not hearing so much about the reps obsessing about this stupid sprint merger 

Maybe one day TMobile will begin to care again, but they shouldn’t call out other companies for the bs that they, themselves, engage in.

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

600MHz 4G LTE or 600MHz 5G NR?  5G NR is data only currently.  Devices don't sit on 4G LTE 600MHz either unless there is no other connectivity available, but will switch to it when they need the fastest connection available for what the device is doing, like streaming video or downloading a large file.

What device do you have?

Userlevel 3
Badge

iPhone XS, iPad Pro 2018 release 11in. Only when I go to areas I don’t normally go into is when I notice I am connected. I would think my indoor signal would improve. Nope.

my problems are paying more than other carriers for crappier service and complaining to a company that doesn’t care. They only care so much about Sprint that they want to be as awful as they were.

Userlevel 3
Badge

And it’s 600mhz LTE. I’m sure the 5G sucks just as much.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

The merger definitely hasn't caused many changes yet and certainly wouldn't cause the issues you're experiencing. We're still at the very beginning stages, so you have the same Team of Experts to talk to and are using the same towers. The biggest change is that we've lit up some new 5G towers in Philly. But we're working hard to ensure the T-Mobile values you've come to love don't get twisted during these tumultuous times. And to continue to build out our 5G network so we can provide the best possible coverage for all.

While we do our best to ensure everyone has the best coverage, there are things outside of T-Mobile's control that could be impacting your indoor signal; like the material the building is constructed from and other buildings blocking signal. That's a huge reason we were one of the first to offer Wi-Fi Calling; so you could get signal indoors over the internet even if you're in a bunker 30 ft below the surface of the earth 😊   But we are always looking for new locations for towers, especially because it's difficult to set them up between finding a usable location to getting approvals through local government. If you own real estate for T-Mobile to consider, I'd definitely recommend submitting a site for review.

I checked out Verizon's website and if you compare the unlimited data smartphone plans, T-Mobile's is less. And the only standalone 30 GB mobile hotspot plan I could find on Verizon's website was $10 per GB of data, which would be over $200 more than our largest 22 GB rate plan. Unless you're talking about their Connected Home plans, which would be more like T-Mobile's Home Internet that we're in the process of building out.

I'm sorry T-Mobile couldn't be the wireless solution you need and hope you're able to find what you deserve. But I definitely recommend giving us another look in a couple of years when your contract is up. We have a three year plan to continue building out our network and you may see some significant improvements. Although I always recommend taking the Free 30-Day Trial with Test Drive®​ (when they're available again; they'er all with schools right now due to COVID). That way you can experience what the coverage is like and can make an informed decision.

Userlevel 3
Badge

T-Mobile Magenta Plus: $85 for one voice line (plus $10 for extra 10gb mhs to make it 30gb), tablet is $20, plus $15 to make it magenta Plus with the 20 gb, plus another $10 to give it the 30 gb mhs, then then the watch for $10.  Lets not count your jacked up insurance prices that I pay more for but get nothing out of.
Verizon Get More Unlimited: $90 (includes 30 gb mhs and free perks, unlike the whole "Netflix on Us" garb where I have to have 2 voice lines and still pay for it anyway), tablet would be $10 due to the discount and would include the same features under my line, and $10 for the watch.

So T-Immobile is 95+45+10= $150, while Verizon is 90+10+10 = $110, and even with taxes and fees, I still save at least $25 per month in comparison.

So, Ian, if your math is spot on, please explain how I would spend $200 more per year with Verizon when I would pay $25 less per month with them?

So, I'm supposed to stick with T-Immobile, the most advanced network to never give me service indoors or really anywhere else, puts 600 mhz towers in my area in places they know I don't go to, and would penalize me for being a customer who needs a single voice line by charging me more than anyone else.  As much as your company rips Verizon over price gouging, this company has a lot of nerve.

T-Mobile used to care and show potential.  Now, all they care about is this idiotic Sprint merger.  If you all want to be as bad as Sprint, go for it.  I'll switch to a real carrier where I can get better service for less, and not pay more for holier than Swiss cheese coverage to be offered free perks I still have to pay extra for.

I know how to read and add.  Treating me like I'm an idiot is something you shouldn't do. 

Userlevel 2

I've been w.TM since before they were TM.  They were first w. wifi calling.  First w. free intl. roaming years ago.  (Don't think ATT or Vz. has that yet.)  First w.o. locked in contracts.

True their rates now aren't the bargain they used to was.  Those of us who are on old plans really have bargains.  We have 8 lines that total under $200/mo.  6 of the lines don't cost more than $10 because they get $10 kickback for not using more than 2G of data.   That plan went 2 or 3 years ago.

Userlevel 3
Badge

miket, can you please explain to me the remote relevance of your comment?  “T Mobile did all this years ago”.  Well, I’ve been wondering what they could do for me now for months, and the answer is still the same.  Charge me more than everyone else for crappy service that I can’t even use indoors unless I’m on WiFi or have a signal booster, which is one of the main reasons I left Sprint.  Continue to penalize me for not needing 2 voice lines by charging me way more than everyone else.  Lie to me about Netflix on Us because Ím still having to pay for it, even with two voice lines.  Continue to ignore my claims about what´s wrong and lie that Ím on the best possible value, which is total garbage.  Verizon will give me way more for less, and give me perks.  I only need one voice line.  And at least they’re up front.  “Free Disney Plus for one year.” Unlike this company that says “Netflix on Us” only to still make you pay extra for it.  If T-Mobile cared half as much about their customers as they did this stinking Sprint merger, I would stay, but I get It.  They bought Sprint because they want to be as awful as Sprint. 

Userlevel 2

If TM (or ATT or Vz) were the  best for everyone they would have close to 100% of the business.

I agree that in recent times the price diff. has narrowed quite a bit, especially if you only have 1 or 2 lines.

We have had Netflix since  it was offered.  We only make moderate use of it.  We wouldn't make any use of the new Disney+ channel.  There is now an over abundance of streaming TV to watch w. Prime et al.

For us the free intl. roaming has been worth $$ over the years.  Since we are only (95%+) in major U.S. areas rarely have coverage problems. 

For you sounds like TM doesn't cover your area well enuf for you.  Where are you located?  I'm surprised wifi isn't working for you.   I thought the Netflix promo was still offered.

Userlevel 3
Badge

It’s just funny how they claim to be better than Verizon, but it’s like their Netflix on Us line. Not really.
I bought 600mhz devices, only to find out that they put the towers in areas I don’t go to (most likely on purpose like Sprint did), so I can’t use the coverage type I pay for. I’ve had Netflix on us, but like a good little corporate company, the increase got passed to me. If I want it free, like I have to do with my plan to save money, I have to water it down to the barest minimum that makes it practically pointless. I live in TN, in a somewhat mountainous region, and while coverage is tricky, if they densified the area with the 600mhz coverage that I still pay to have but don’t get, it’d solve the problem. Considering there’s every excuse against doing so, T Immobile has made it clear that they refuse to provide better service.
Being penalized for having one line by paying more for “service” here than anyone else is just the last straw. If I’m going to be paying high phone bills, I expect top-of-the-line coverage, not top-of-the-line lies and excuses. Going indoors or traveling some feet should not cause me to lose service, but only on t immobile, those are factors.

They constantly suggest I upgrade to a 5G device.  Why?  I don’t get 600mhz with the devices I have now, even though they’re compatible and I pay for the service. How I would I get their crappy 5G service if I can’t get the 600mhz now?  If they want me to upgrade so bad, they can pay for my phone, but I have to be a new customer or buy enough phone lines for that to happen, which is absolutely dumb and insulting.

Verizon seems to care for my business and would reward me for doing business with them, by giving me good service, better prices, and perks, even for one voice line. I won’t have to hear their constant blubbering about how they got Sprint it complain about coverage.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I'm sorry, I was comparing our value offerings. If you have those two packages side by side, then Verizon's package is definitely cheaper before taxes and additional fees, which are included in T-Mobile's plan. I'm not sure how that would change the price, but even without I still think you get more value from T-Mobile. Verizon will cap videos to 720p on the phone plan, T-Mobile allows the full 1080p. And Verizon's tablet plan is only 2 GB, while T-Mobile's is unlimited. Depending on how much data you use on your tablet, it could cost you up to $710 per month for 100 GB. But if you're only using 2 GB or less a month, I'd definitely go with Verizon.

I'm sorry if you felt I treated you poorly, that's not my intent. I'm just trying to provide full and accurate information based on what you're looking for. While we try to provide the best options for everyone, we understand that T-Mobile may not be the best solution for you. That's why we haven't had Early Termination Fees on our plans in a while; we feel you should be able to choose the provider that's right for you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Verizon does do unlimited on their tablets, and sure, HD may be limited to 720p on smartphones, the difference isn’t very noticeable.  I’m just saying T-Mobile should appreciate all of their customers.  The fact that I would be penalized for a single line by means of a loss of perks and a much larger bill than everyone else is truly an insult.

I’ve done everything except take this to the FCC, especially for the deceptive marketing.  “Netflix On Us” isn’t “on us” if I still have to pay for it.

I guess I don’t buy enough voice lines for t immobile to give a rat’s behind about what my problems are.  it’s pretty sad it takes me leaving or filing a legal complaint for the corporation to care.  But I guess the merger revealed their true colors. 

Userlevel 2

We have 8 lines.  I don't expect to get the same deal as someone with 20.  Probably those w. one line might be better off using an MVNO.  I can't do much shopping at Costco, because you have to buy large quantities. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@miket congratulations.  I didn't ask about your experience

I must agree on the coverage issue.   I get almost no coverage in my building.   I hoped that upgrading to a 5G phone would help but it did nothing.    I have called customer “service” and informed them that we have an in-building repeater recently installed at the costs of several thousands of $ but only Verizon has agreed to connect to it…   And yes Verizon works great now.   AT&T is discussing the connection with our network team.  But crickets from TM.   

I may be forced to move from TM to Verizon.  They have no interest in providing coverage to the 100+ users in our building.

I have 10 lines with Tmobile and 8 iPads also, wait time to try and fix a simple issue 1hour 40 minutes on 11/17/2020 today 11/18/2020 26 minutes on hold and right now its been 33 minutes so far ,I have a buisness to run Tmoblie is no longer what it was, I will transfer to Verizon< hopefully they will be more responsive,  

I have 10 lines with Tmobile and 8 iPads also, wait time to try and fix a simple issue 1hour 40 minutes on 11/17/2020 today 11/18/2020 26 minutes on hold and right now its been 33 minutes so far ,I have a buisness to run Tmoblie is no longer what it was, I will transfer to Verizon< hopefully they will be more responsive,  

36 minutes and counting 

I used to be happy with T mobile, then they bought Sprint and now I am looking to find a new carrier.  Sprint had horrible customer service, and my calls are dropped constantly.  Now it is happening with T mobile.  The constant phone calls and text when you are a day late with your bill..during a pandemic.  

I am so unhappy right now. I left Sprint because they sucked, now I am stuck with them again.  T Mobile please don’t turn into the carrier I left.  I would hate to have to leave you too. 

Badge

Yup same problem here i got the 12pro in DEC and since then ive been in contact with support about my bill not being right and service on my watch and phone. all ive gotten to is they dont know or its not showing up on their end. i have tmobile one but on my bill its saying SIMPLE CHOICE i asked and the guy told me DISREGARD they fixed it and its good on their end.? Whats that mean… smh And now im pretty sure everytime i get on chat theirs a FLAG or something on my account because a supervisor always connects with me. Ive been a customer for 3 years and since they got with sprint its just been TRASH.!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge

the merger didnt change anything. I used to have near perfect connection. Now its totally ruined.

I signed up in September of 2020.

Ported our numbers over from Verizon. Worst decision I've made for a while.

No service in my house. Walk 1000 ft in any direction and 5g works fine.

Bought 3 brand new phones and was supposed to get a great deal with discounts on them. Have only received half of what we should (reduction in monthly device payments). Outstanding balance doesn't reflect any discounts or the $1000 plus charge they put on my card without any itemized bill.  All 3 phones still say I owe more than I should after accounting only for the monthly payments.

I've spent over 40 hours on the phone (over wifi connection because my phone can't maintain audio connection in my house - cuts out for 30 seconds-2monutes very frequently. Usually is not working for 25% of a call) discussing issues with CSRs on the phone. They never follow through on anything. I felt like the luckiest person alive when 2 months after signing up they finally applied the insider discount code I had (I had to give it to them over 4 times and repeatedly call them to get it applied).

If you're thinking about switching to T-Mobile I have advice for you. DO NOT DO IT. They say you get what you pay for... you don't with T-mobile. I'd switch back to Verizon in a heartbeat if I didn't supposedly have over $3000 of outstanding devices payments. May have to look into getting a lawyer soon... not that it will help with anything related to tmobiles lack of service but might be able to get me out of paying more than I owe for the devices that don't work on their disfunctional network.

I know all cell phone companies suck, but this is far worse than I ever could have imagined.

10 plus years ago I had sprint. I had Verizon before that. I switched to T-Mobile because Sprint at best was like flipping a coin for half decent service Towers constantly down. T-Mobile was a super pleasant change. However the past 2 years have been challenging. 5g? I would be happy with consistent 3g. I doubt the service in a third or possibly 4th world county could be much more erratic or worse. If I’m lucky to latch onto an unsecured wifi network I can make a phone call or browse on my phone. I travel all over the southeast and it just keeps getting worse. 

The merger definitely hasn't caused many changes yet and certainly wouldn't cause the issues you're experiencing. We're still at the very beginning stages, so you have the same Team of Experts to talk to and are using the same towers. The biggest change is that we've lit up some new 5G towers in Philly. But we're working hard to ensure the T-Mobile values you've come to love don't get twisted during these tumultuous times. And to continue to build out our 5G network so we can provide the best possible coverage for all.

While we do our best to ensure everyone has the best coverage, there are things outside of T-Mobile's control that could be impacting your indoor signal; like the material the building is constructed from and other buildings blocking signal. That's a huge reason we were one of the first to offer Wi-Fi Calling; so you could get signal indoors over the internet even if you're in a bunker 30 ft below the surface of the earth 😊   But we are always looking for new locations for towers, especially because it's difficult to set them up between finding a usable location to getting approvals through local government. If you own real estate for T-Mobile to consider, I'd definitely recommend submitting a site for review.

I checked out Verizon's website and if you compare the unlimited data smartphone plans, T-Mobile's is less. And the only standalone 30 GB mobile hotspot plan I could find on Verizon's website was $10 per GB of data, which would be over $200 more than our largest 22 GB rate plan. Unless you're talking about their Connected Home plans, which would be more like T-Mobile's Home Internet that we're in the process of building out.

I'm sorry T-Mobile couldn't be the wireless solution you need and hope you're able to find what you deserve. But I definitely recommend giving us another look in a couple of years when your contract is up. We have a three year plan to continue building out our network and you may see some significant improvements. Although I always recommend taking the Free 30-Day Trial with Test Drive®️​ (when they're available again; they'er all with schools right now due to COVID). That way you can experience what the coverage is like and can make an informed decision.

I respectfully disagree as T-Mobile has become as horrible as Sprint was before they folded. Which is why everyone left Sprint. This is now a long experiment, T-Mobile coverage and service has really degraded the past 2 years.

I signed up in September of 2020.

Ported our numbers over from Verizon. Worst decision I've made for a while.

No service in my house. Walk 1000 ft in any direction and 5g works fine.

Bought 3 brand new phones and was supposed to get a great deal with discounts on them. Have only received half of what we should (reduction in monthly device payments). Outstanding balance doesn't reflect any discounts or the $1000 plus charge they put on my card without any itemized bill.  All 3 phones still say I owe more than I should after accounting only for the monthly payments.

I've spent over 40 hours on the phone (over wifi connection because my phone can't maintain audio connection in my house - cuts out for 30 seconds-2monutes very frequently. Usually is not working for 25% of a call) discussing issues with CSRs on the phone. They never follow through on anything. I felt like the luckiest person alive when 2 months after signing up they finally applied the insider discount code I had (I had to give it to them over 4 times and repeatedly call them to get it applied).

If you're thinking about switching to T-Mobile I have advice for you. DO NOT DO IT. They say you get what you pay for... you don't with T-mobile. I'd switch back to Verizon in a heartbeat if I didn't supposedly have over $3000 of outstanding devices payments. May have to look into getting a lawyer soon... not that it will help with anything related to tmobiles lack of service but might be able to get me out of paying more than I owe for the devices that don't work on their disfunctional network.

I know all cell phone companies suck, but this is far worse than I ever could have imagined.

I can use my phone in the breakfast area and the garage or connect to my house wifi to use on the rest of my property. This only started since Sprint. We actually have 7 devices  and they all have the same issues. Never mind once we leave from home. lol. Verizon is starting to look good again after 10 + years with T-Mobile. Maybe sprint was a poison pill by the other carriers to destroy T-Mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

or the fact that millions of people just got dumped onto TMOs network as they merged and were able to use the TMO network now..

You all are absolutely correct. I live in Melbourne, FL and we have exact same problem.

T-Mobile service used to be good even 1-2 years ago but it completely went into the toilet after Sprint merger.  For last 6 months or so areas that used to be rock solid are now dropping calls, no or extremely slow date, other areas (major subdivision & shopping areas mind you) that were mediocre suddenly have no coverage.

It wouldn’t make me so mad if they admitted the problem, and explained how they were going to fix it.  However, they tow the corporate message (some would say, lying through their teeth), denying there are any problems. 

EVERYONE in this metro area who has T-Mobile is pissed.  Everyone with T-Mobile here has the same problem - service used to be good but has been terrible for last 6-9 months. T-Mobile tells everyone it’s their phone or house or location, but those haven’t changed, just the service has.