Solved

"To complete this call please press the following digits"

• 21 September 2021
  • 11 replies

Badge

Every time I call my husband, it rings 4 to 5 times and then a computerized voice answers and states “to complete this call please press the following digits, 72”.  72 is just an example.  Once i press those digits, it rings again until I am connected.   Any solutions?  We are on the same plan. This is extremely annoying to both me and our customers!

icon

Best answer by TechLittleHelper 9 April 2022, 10:03

View original

11 replies

I am experiencing the same thing when my friends call me. I hope someone can tell us why this is happening. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is Spam Guard setup?  I’m not familiar with how Spam Guard works, but I had a call last week where the called called as a private caller and was prompted to say their name.  When I answered, it asked me what I wanted to do with the call.  Answer or send to voicemail.  

I did talk to Tmobile tech support and we think it may be the Robocall Blocker I had on my phone. We deleted it and are going to see if that works. After speaking with him, it occurred to me that the Robocall app should not block callers who are in my contacts, but anyway, we will see if that fixes it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If these are international calls, the random digits are for fraud prevention. There is no way to get around this. 

Can’t call my husband and he cannot call me. Each time, is sent to Voicemail. This is ridiculous. I spent almost 5 hours on the phone with customer service. Did not fix and gave me lame excuse about cell tower being down. Then why does my phone work? He can’t call anyone.  I can call anyone but him. Do I have to go back to Verizon?

I did talk to Tmobile tech support and we think it may be the Robocall Blocker I had on my phone. We deleted it and are going to see if that works. After speaking with him, it occurred to me that the Robocall app should not block callers who are in my contacts, but anyway, we will see if that fixes it. 

I think it was the same to me, but removing the app was not enough, you need to dial ##004# on your phone to clear all the conditional call blocks. Hope it helps someone, my wife was getting frustrated with me about having this issue.

None of these answers answer the question.  Need a real answer. If no one from T-Mobile can answer this, I’m guessing its time to look for another carrier!

I think it was the same to me, but removing the app was not enough, you need to dial ##004# on your phone to clear all the conditional call blocks. Hope it helps someone, my wife was getting frustrated with me about having this issue.

Thank you for the ##004#. Just did this on my phone and it fixed the issue. This is after months of frustration!!!

Thank you to the person who listed the ##004#

It fixed my problem!!! I was having all these issue and it was so frustrating. T-mobile could not help either!!!

OMGOODNESS!!  Thank you so much!!  This issue has plagued me for over two years. ##004# worked like magic!!  Yay!!  Have a wonderful day. 😀

Not sure if the ##004# will help but after i did it on my phone a bunch of stuff has been disabled.  It would be random if anyone would be able to get a hold of me and sometimes it would never connect.  Hope it gets better or I am with the others on this thread - i am moving away from T-Mobile after being with them for over 10 years