Question

Trade-In applied to wrong order

• 14 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge
Good morning!

On 2/24/23 I attempted to order a new Samsung Galaxy Phone S23 Ultra and utilize the trade-in offer of $1000 for my Note 10+.

Once I placed the order, I realized I had mistakenly chosen the S23+ instead of the S23 Ultra. I immediately called to cancel the order, but was told it was already processed and couldn't be stopped. I was given the option of ordering the S23 Ultra and returning the S23+ to my local T-Mobile Store location when it arrived. I chose to do this.

I received both phones within a day of each other, and proceeded to transfer my files to the S23 Ultra and return the S23+ to the T-Mobile Store closest to me (9915 224th St E #222, Graham, WA 98338). The associates there were very helpful, and gave me a mailing label to return the S23+, stating I would need to drop it off at a UPS Store. I agreed. I gave them my Note 10+ and they said they could return it in-store so I wouldn't have to go to the Post Office as well. This is where I believe they accidentally applied my trade-in to the returned order (715765****) instead of the corrected order (S13003****).

March 10th, 2023: I received a text stating that the S23+ had been received on Friday, March 10th. All good.

March 11th, 2023: I received a new text stating that "Due to Buyer's Remorse return line 253961**** is no longer available to receive a monthly bill credit for the 2023 Samsung Trade P1 promotion".

March 14th, 2023: I received another text from T-Mobile stating "We haven't received your Samsung SM-N975U Note 10 Plus 256GB Glow trade-in!" This is when I figured it out.

Can you please assist in getting my trade-in applied to the correct order so I can receive my $1000 credit? Feel free to contact me with any questions: 

Relevant Information: 

Order # 715765**** (Samsung Galaxy S23+,512 GB,Cream) - 02/24/2023 at 8:20 AM PST - (incorrect order, returned)
Order # S13003**** (GalaxyS23Ultra-PhantomBlack-512GB) - 02/24/2023 at 09:14 AM PS - (corrected order, received)
Samsung SM-N975U Note 10 Plus 256GB Glow - T-Mobile - 359271103****** - (trade-in, to be applied to Order # S13003****)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is primarily a peer help forum for T-Mobile customers to seek help from other customers.  Please remove any and all personal and order related information from your post as it is visible to the entire internet.  If you want to reach T-Mobile, give Customer Care a call at 611 from your T-Mobile line or reach out to T-Mobile through DM via Facebook or Twitter.

Badge

I do not see how to edit this post. Can you assist?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I do not see how to edit this post. Can you assist?

Unfortunately, I am a T-Mobile customer just like most of the others that post here.  I have flagged your post in hope that a moderator can remove the information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have starred the sensitive information. Syaoran is correct in their suggestion to contact our care teams. They have a tool specifically for situations where we did a new order and we need to transfer the trade-in to the correct order. They can also help research what happened with the Note 10+. :)