Trade In Credit Scam

Userlevel 1
Badge

Purchased new IPhone 13 because of the $800 promo credit offered for trading in my device.

Store tells me I will receive a send back kit to return my device.

No kit arrives, so I take it upon myself to contact customer service since the website does not allow me to request a send back kit. Explain the situation to the rep and they say they will send me a kit.

Receive kit, send phone back. Phone is received. 

Check my account to see a $175 credit. Think to myself what is this? Contact customer service and they tell me they sent the wrong “return kit” and that kit is only for a buy back credit.

Furious…explain the situation and am assured they have noted on my account that I should get the promotion and will remove the $175 credit and that I will see it on next bill.

Don’t see it…repeat process by calling in to again hear I have “noted it on your account and see a manager has approved”.

Receive new bill…still not fixed. 

Fix It! I have screenshots and video of the condition of the phone I sent and conversations assuring me it was fixed. So give me my money or send back the pristine phone I sent in that is worth more than your lame $175 offer. 

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Badge

I’m with you. They tried to do it to me with my trade in. the kid in the store never put in that I traded in my s10+ been waiting for 2 ½ mos for CS to fix the issue before I call the cops on the kid and the store. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am not going to continue having to contact your “representatives” to be pacified that “Oh, yes I see where this has been sent to be fixed and will be reflected on your next bill.” I want a direct number to a supervisor or corporate. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Now I’m being passed to someone about my returned phone status. Shouldn’t they have already done this months ago when the phone was returned? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Now they say they have no details of a return? Even though numerous agents have said yes. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

And more of the dodging and passing the blame. How many supervisors does it take to fix this problem? How about these “supervisors” give me a direct call to confirm the issue is fixed. 

Not exactly the same thing, but I had some serious issues with comcast not porting numbers when I left them.  I filed a formal complaint with the FCC, I then received a phone call from comcast from someone who spoke perfect English who wanted to get it resolved, the numbers were ported same day if I remember correctly.    AMAZING.

File formal complaints with State Attorney Generals.