Solved

Trade in device delivered by USPS but not received by T-Mobile

• 30 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I made a switch to T-Mobile and ported my number as a part of the promotional plan in which T-Mobile gives $830 in bill credits on trading in an eligible device.

ORDER NUMBER: 510105087150

ORDER DATE: 05/04/2021

TRADE IN DEVICE - Apple iPhone XS 64GB Grey - T-Mobile

TRADE IN DEVICE SERIAL NUMBER - 356171095437470

USPS TRACKING NUMBER - 9202090284184807698551

Trade-in device was mailed by me using the shipping label(which did not have insurance on it) sent by T-mobile . The device was delivered successfully to the shipping address at 7:34 pm on May 18, 2021. After more than 2 months T-mobile is saying that they never received the device. I checked back with USPS and they opened a service request - 28968110 and confirmed that the package was successfully delivered. T-mobile has now taken off my promotion and making me to pay in full, for the new device. T-mobile is making me accountable for this loss and says they can't do anything.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 31 July 2021, 12:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you follow all of the instructions for the return?  Putting the Return Authorization Number in the box as well as on the outside of the box?  In most cases, these devices are not sent to T-Mobile and usually end up at an Assurant facility.  If you don’t follow the instructions exactly, they pretty much shaft you.  The last time I sent a device in, I sent it at my expense by UPS, insured, because I know Assurant is one of the shadiest companies out there that the cell providers seem to love dealing with for some reason.  

Try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter to see if they can look into things a little more for you.  I hope you have the IMEI of the device, which I would request to be blacklisted if Assurant hasn’t received it or says they haven’t received it.  

Badge

Thank you for the above information syaoran. Really helpful. I followed all the instructions and I agree with you on the Assurant company. There seems to be some scam going on. I will reach out to T-Force and wait for their response. So far I have filed a complaint with BBB.

Badge

SOLVED - Reached out to T-Force on twitter and they helped me resolve this issue. These guys are amazing, with great problem solving skills. 

MY LEARNINGS: Always trade in a device at T-mobile store if possible, else use your own shipping level and have all the proof well documented with you for the device.

Badge

SOLVED - Reached out to T-Force on twitter and they helped me resolve this issue. These guys are amazing, with great problem solving skills. 

MY LEARNINGS: Always trade in a device at T-mobile store if possible, else use your own shipping level and have all the proof well documented with you for the device.

How did you solve that? I have a similar issue here.

Did they finally find your phone at Assurant?

Badge

Hey ip 15pro, sorry to hear that. In my case Assurant claimed that they never received my device. So I called the USPS customer care and gave them the shipping tracking number and they helped me with a confirmation of delivery to the address. So I forwarded the same details to T-mobile and T-Force. 

Hope this helps.