Question

Trade In device listed incorrect

• 4 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I want to trade in my device via online so I don’t have to pay the service fee but the device shown on my account is incorrect. The IMEI is correct but the name of the device does not match. How do I fix this? I’ve tried the ‘trade in a different device’ route but the specific name does not come up when searching for my current device name. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

were they brought in from another carrier or purchased from someone other than TMO or are they TMO devices?

@fireguy_6364 @Happydays running into the same issue here. device was originally on another network and brought into Tmobile. does it make a difference? What’s the best way to correct this info on tmobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

thats why the correct device info isnt in the system. if it was purchased from TMO they have all that info..if its brought in as a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) then they put in the minimum info needed but not everything. the rest you’ll have to ask them to update in the system for you. you can call them or contact them through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter.

This cannot be corrected. I came with two iPhones which we bought in full from Apple. When we switched to t-mobile both phones color and storage are listed wrong, So trying a trade in becomes a problem. I have spoken to T-Mobile reps 3 times. The first two said it would correct in 48 hours. Both times I called back a week later when nothing happened. On the third call only the rep could see the correct info. Logging into the app or through web both still show wrong info. Was told it might take 48 hours. I explained I was told that twice already and that would not happen. They did try to figure out why but in the end they could not do anything. Seems its  “a web” issue and they are only billing and tech support. Apparently there is no “web” support or someone to talk to who can correct web and app issues. Seems the right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing. The reps were nice and professional and tried to help but in the end there is no fix.