Solved

Trade in Issues

• 5 December 2020
  • 15 replies

Badge

I got the iPhone 12 pro Max and traded in my iPhone X for the $830 promo. I mailed my device on November 24th, walked into the post office and got a receipt for proof I dropped it off. I got the return label directly from a T-mobile store since I couldn’t print it at home. I kept the customer copy as well. It’s being shipped to Assurant in Texas but my tracking number hasn’t been updated since December 2nd. It was supposed to arrive Nov. 30th but got pushed back due to holidays I’m assuming. It needs to be returned by December 20th so now I’m getting paranoid. I’m calling them tomorrow and asking if  it would still be honored even if the package got lost. It’s not my fault since I did everything correctly. 

Also all the links on the T-mobile website and app are useless! They just take me to the log in and that’s it. So frustrating! I wouldn’t have switched over if I knew they’re this unorganized.

anyone have any similar experiences? I can’t open a claim with the USPS since I don’t know the exact address it’s getting shipped to. My fault for not taking a picture of the label. I just know it’s the Assurant in Lewisville, TX 75057.

icon

Best answer by magenta5084390 10 December 2020, 07:15

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey there @Arual_RY !

Have you checked your shipping status on the post office website recently? I’m also curious if you’ve had the post office use the tracking number you were given to track it down? Seems quite odd you can’t see the tracking.

So I’m interested to see what happens. my issue is the same even the dates are exact. Only thing is I checked USPS tracking number and it says delivered 12/3. I received a text today stating i needed to return my phone or I lose out on my promo credits, which I don’t understand since they’ve had the phone since the 3rd. Also I added a screenshot of the address from my return label.

Badge

So I spoke through the chat with a representative and this is what they told me. I’m going to call and ask if I still receive the promo since it seems like everyone is having this issue and I did everything on my part.

Badge

So I’m interested to see what happens. my issue is the same even the dates are exact. Only thing is I checked USPS tracking number and it says delivered 12/3. I received a text today stating i needed to return my phone or I lose out on my promo credits, which I don’t understand since they’ve had the phone since the 3rd. Also I added a screenshot of the address from my return label.

I called today and they didn’t really give me any information. They just told me that the warehouses are backed up and that my phone should be delivered by the 20th. I asked her what would happen if it’s not, but she did not really give me a concrete answer. Just told me they would notify me if there’s an issue with my credit if they do not receive the device. But it’s the 10th today and my tracking number hasn’t been updated since the 2nd. 

Badge

Hey there @Arual_RY !

Have you checked your shipping status on the post office website recently? I’m also curious if you’ve had the post office use the tracking number you were given to track it down? Seems quite odd you can’t see the tracking.

I check the tracking number online and it just says “in transit” but hasn’t been updated since December 2nd. 

I have the exact same issue.

Same issue here. In Transit since 12/13.

CHAT with Tforce and they have exact same response. Looks like they copy paste these responses 😠

Hi All! I just wanted to share my trade-in experience since it seems as though I might be able to ease some concerns.

I remotely made the switch over to T-Mobile back in November, 2020. Signed all contracts via e-mail and waited (impatiently;) for our new iPhones to arrive. They arrived in about 6 weeks (back-ordered pro max) and we ported over our numbers with no issues at all.

I was unable to locate my return shipping labels via the link provided however, one quick call and an expert e-mailed them right over. We packaged and shipped out our trade-ins on 1/14/2021, they arrived at the Assurant warehouse in TX on 1/20/2021 and we actually scanned and accepted on 2/1/2021 and 2/5/2021. It seems as though the whole trade-in process is currently taking approximately 3 weeks. Not bad considering all the holiday promos, and limited resources due to the pandemic. Kudos to all the people working so hard. 

To date, we have received an initial “market value” credit to our account/bill and are awaiting our P27 promotion to be applied for the recurring monthly credits to appear. 

All in all, I am extremely happy with the level of care and consideration I have received thus far. 

Badge

I had a similar problem. One lesson I learned is that you need to keep follow up. I was blamed for not following up :) It is customer’s responsibility to keep calling and  not t-mobile’s responsibility to follow up with you for inquiries you make :) .  You keep follow up hoping one day it gets resolved.

Take a screen shot of the tracking status. As you will lose the tracking status after some time and then you could be questioned “where did you send? and why did you send?”

Hi All! I just wanted to share my trade-in experience since it seems as though I might be able to ease some concerns.

I remotely made the switch over to T-Mobile back in November, 2020. Signed all contracts via e-mail and waited (impatiently;) for our new iPhones to arrive. They arrived in about 6 weeks (back-ordered pro max) and we ported over our numbers with no issues at all.

I was unable to locate my return shipping labels via the link provided however, one quick call and an expert e-mailed them right over. We packaged and shipped out our trade-ins on 1/14/2021, they arrived at the Assurant warehouse in TX on 1/20/2021 and we actually scanned and accepted on 2/1/2021 and 2/5/2021. It seems as though the whole trade-in process is currently taking approximately 3 weeks. Not bad considering all the holiday promos, and limited resources due to the pandemic. Kudos to all the people working so hard. 

To date, we have received an initial “market value” credit to our account/bill and are awaiting our P27 promotion to be applied for the recurring monthly credits to appear. 

All in all, I am extremely happy with the level of care and consideration I have received thus far. 

This has to be posted by someone that works for T-Mobil, giveaway it the language “expert”, fake reviews like this are always obvious!

I preordered the S21 Ultra based on the $800 trade-in for my old phone.  When I got the S21 Ultra, I boxed and shipped the Note 9 to Assurant using the T-Mobile provided label (See picture).   USPS confirmation number showed it was delivered to Assurant but T-Mobile says the phone was never received.  I called T-Mobile and got the usually “We got your back” blah, blah, blah.  T-Mobile said they would initiate a Handset Order Research Request.  I got an email from T-Mobile saying they have no record of the handset being received (See picture).  I called T-Mobile and was basically told “tough luck”, they can give me the rebate because they never received the old phone.  Well, USPS said it was delivered and if Assurant (their agent) lost it before logging it in, how is that my fault?  I requested to speak to a supervisor and was told the same thing “tough luck” but as a gesture of goodwill, they would give me $150 credit on my bill.  I initiate a lost package request with USPS and got an email from USPS saying the phone was delivered and processed to Assurant on March 10, 2021 (See picture).

I accepted the $150 credit so far and was told they would still process my trade-in if they ever find the phone.  It was either $150 or nothing.  Is there anything else I can do?  Who else should I contact?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alfred

First off, I would never send this stuff by USPS, they don’t operate in a reliable way these days.  I sent mine by UPS and certified so I had a tracking number that I could verify online it was delivered to them and can print it out.  I had the same problem returning a device back to T-Mobil and I got the same message they didn’t get it, but when I told them I had verification of delivery, they changed their tune.  I never do anything important or that I can for see could wind up in a dispute, heck I’ve even sent rebates by certified mail.  It costs a couple of bucks but I never have a problem when I do.  

So you got a letter from USPS that their records show Assurant got the delivery.  Assurant is a bad company, my experience with them sucked too.  I paid insurance for my Iphone and when I broke the screen, they told me I had a 175.00 deductible and they couldn’t assure me I would even get the same phone back or someone else old junk.  I took it to the Apple store and had it replaced while I waited with an even better upgraded glass for 149.00.  Never again buy T-Mobil’s or any other vendors insurance if it’s Assurant insurance.

You can try their arbitration process when should be independent check their TOS for disputes

I preordered the S21 Ultra based on the $800 trade-in for my old phone.  When I got the S21 Ultra, I boxed and shipped the Note 9 to Assurant using the T-Mobile provided label (See picture).   USPS confirmation number showed it was delivered to Assurant but T-Mobile says the phone was never received.  I called T-Mobile and got the usually “We got your back” blah, blah, blah.  T-Mobile said they would initiate a Handset Order Research Request.  I got an email from T-Mobile saying they have no record of the handset being received (See picture).  I called T-Mobile and was basically told “tough luck”, they can give me the rebate because they never received the old phone.  Well, USPS said it was delivered and if Assurant (their agent) lost it before logging it in, how is that my fault?  I requested to speak to a supervisor and was told the same thing “tough luck” but as a gesture of goodwill, they would give me $150 credit on my bill.  I initiate a lost package request with USPS and got an email from USPS saying the phone was delivered and processed to Assurant on March 10, 2021 (See picture).

I accepted the $150 credit so far and was told they would still process my trade-in if they ever find the phone.  It was either $150 or nothing.  Is there anything else I can do?  Who else should I contact?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alfred

Wow, they won’t honor $800? I am facing the same issue right now and I believe T-Mobile is running a shady trade-in phone business.

After being a loyal customer with AT&T for 21 years decided to switch to T-Mobile. Got new phones but did not get any trade in labels or details. Finally, contacted T-Mobile and was told “you are 1 day delay ”. Despite, wanted to be loyal customer was asked to either pay $2196 and cancel T-Mobile or pay the same amount in monthly installments. Very unfortunate with the service I got. I do agree, there was one day delay from my end, but same time I did not receive any trade in details from t mobile. My request is to allow me to do respective trade in and I would love to be a loyal customer for years to come.

Tmobile never gave me my $800 credit and took my iPhone Xs last year. I was told there was one day delay from my end, but they guaranteed that I would get my monthly and one-time credit the previous year itself. They never honored the $800 trade-in. Keep telling me to wait, and the issue is escalated to management, that I will receive a call tomorrow. But that tomorrow never comes.