Solved

TRIED TO GET ON MY TMOBILE, GOES TO 502 GATEWAY PROBLEM, CALLED TMOBILE, CAN HEAR 25 OTHER OPERATORS TALKING,

• 11 October 2017
  • 28 replies

WHAT A JOKE TMOBILE HAS TURNED INTO, TRIED FOR 2 DAYS TO GET INTO MY ACCOUNT AND CAN'T. CALLED ABOUT MY LATEST PAYMENT AND CAN BARELY HEAR THE PERSON ON THE OTHER END THERE'S SO MUCH BACKGROUND NOISE FROM THE OTHER ASSOCIATES.  DID HEAR THAT THE IDIOT IN THE TMOBILE STORE YESTERDAY DIDN'T ASK FOR THE RIGHT AMOUNT FOR ME TO PAY, SO NOW MY PHONE IS UNINSURED.

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 23 October 2017, 20:00

Hey folks -- I just wanted to update that we did get notice of a known outage with both the MyT-Mobile site and the app over the weekend. It looks like we'd encountered a potential fix, but the issue's still not resolved and so it's been reopened. Our engineers are working fervently to push a permanent resolution out. In the interim we just wanted to make sure everyone knows that they're being heard -- while this isn't impacting all users, we want every customer's access to be restored and reliable. We appreciate your patience and the time you've taken to reach out here! We will update here as any news rolls in.

- Marissa

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey folks -- I just wanted to update that we did get notice of a known outage with both the MyT-Mobile site and the app over the weekend. It looks like we'd encountered a potential fix, but the issue's still not resolved and so it's been reopened. Our engineers are working fervently to push a permanent resolution out. In the interim we just wanted to make sure everyone knows that they're being heard -- while this isn't impacting all users, we want every customer's access to be restored and reliable. We appreciate your patience and the time you've taken to reach out here! We will update here as any news rolls in.

- Marissa

Userlevel 2

Dude download the TMO android app, you can see all the same information and I've never experienced an outage.

I just cleared my Cache and it fixed it all.

Firefox

1. From the History menu, select Clear Recent History. ...
  2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
  3. Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.

i'll try that, thanks!

I fixed the 502 bad gateway error by clearing my cache. Deleting browser history and all cookies. Works now!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

tmo_marissa: Great advice! In fact I took it, and called CS that evening, I mentioned the document. The rep promptly sent me to the next step. I have not received any texts, not even from T-Mo. That's ok as I can be reached by email. Thanks much! dc5fan

Userlevel 5

I sincerely apologize for the confusion! While there may have been an issue logging into your online account. You can always see your full balance by dialing #BAL# from your phones dialer. We will also send an email (if paperless) or a paper bill and a SMS to the primary account holder with the details of your bill.

it wasn't that i had to pay more, it was that the associate told me it was LESS, and when i paid the amount he asked for, it wasn't enough to cover the bill. thus my phone being turned off. i haven't tried to get back onto my account, i'll do it when i'm ready to switch.

Userlevel 5

Hey @magenta2857829​,

We want to make sure that your bill is correct. You should not have to pay more than what your bill is supposed to be each month. Are you still having issues logging into your my.t-mobile account? If you are able to get in there, are there any specific charges on your account that should not be there?

i went to one of their stores to pay the bill and the clerk told me how much it was and i told him that couldn't be right, he starts arguing with me. really, some idiot behind a cell phone counter? i wouldn't pursue it so i paid the amount he gave me. phone turned off the next day for not paying the whole amount which was like 10 bucks more. i'm done, i own my phone, it's unlocked, i'll leave but one isn't much better than the other.

seriously, if an associate in one of your stores can't give me the correct amount to pay on my account to keep it current, AND I RESPOND TO THEM THAT THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT, and it reaches the point of argument, then they shouldn't work there, and when my phone gets shut off because of it, and i'm offered a $5 credit, i'm insulted, and when other people in your company make excuses for that person, i no longer wish to do business with them. i finally got my phone unlocked and when i have time to address this problem i will.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

tmo_marissa: Now, I might be getting somewhere. I am on the $3-a-month Pay As You Go Plan. Since last evening I have not received any texts. What do I have to do on my end to make this permanent. I can't do this on my S5. I really appreciate your email. DC5fan

Userlevel 6

Hiya, @dc5fan​! Firstly, sorry that the background noise was overwhelming on your initial calls -- we have a "culture of celebration", but it's not intended to be distracting! I'm glad that dialing in over a landline was better. 😊

Regarding blocking all text messages, we do have some account provisioning we can complete on the back end to accomplish this. If the Care or Tech team member you are working with is able to reference internal document 415392, it lists out the steps that our internal teams need to take on the account side to get this done! Although these are our steps for postpaid accounts, if you have a Pay In Advance line, there is a link to steps for that account type in the same document. This will still allow messages to come through when you're roaming on another network, though, and free system generated T-Mobile or third party company messages, international messages, and WEA alerts are exempt from this block. What types of messages are you still receiving?

Regarding the password issue with the T-Mobile app, it should be requesting the same password you've used for your T-Mobile ID. 😥 If that's not working, do you see a reset option?

We're definitely glad you've joined us and would like to help if we can! Please let us know how things are going for you.

- Marissa

Mine stopped working for like 5 days and then it just started working again

Juan Carlos Basto

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I am willing to give them a little more time. My problem is I have asked 2 Store Salesmen,and 3 Customer Care reps that were supposed to stop ALL text messages, except T-Mobile texts. I even searched to find a way to disable text messages for an S5 (AT&T), but I couldn't find a solution. The only solution was to block the sender. If AT&T can do it I sure hope T-Mo can.

I bet that they will say it is fixed and it will work for a day or so

I'm having this same issue today. Trying to log in to my account and can't, keep getting

502 Bad Gateway

The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.

What is the solution for this???

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

EDIT: I can't find anything for my S5 to stop ALL text messages. I don't understand text messages anyway. I guess a number is to be entered to be blocked.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I have had these 2 items, too. When using my cell when I call Customer Care it sounds like "party time" going on in the background. Yesterday calling about another problem I decided to use my land line. HUGE difference! The background noise was just about zilch.There was a couple of times I received the dreaded "502" page too. I think the page hasn't given me any more "502" pages.

I am having a problem to stop ALL text messages from my account.I have asked twice of 2 T-Mo store reps to disable the service, and 3 times Customer Crae reps for the same. Yesterday I had to make the 3rd call to CS. That rep assured me the service would stop. I have an S5, AT&T unlocked, and I can't find anywhere I can do this on the phone. I am unable to do texts as I have an eyesight problem, besides I only use the phone to make and receive calls. I never had a problem when I was on AT&T. I still want to receive texts from T-Mo.

Last inquiry. I downloaded the T-Mo android app to my phone. After I type in my cell number I am asked for a password. I have two passwords. A password for the site, and the 4 digit code for CS. Both these passwords didn't work. So far I am still glad I made the jump to T-Mobile.

Userlevel 6

That's great to hear! Thank you for coming back to update us! 😊

it is working now on ie and chrome

Juan Carlos Basto

Userlevel 6

Hi there! We just wanted to stop by and see how things were going for you. Were you able to give a different browser a shot?

- Marissa

Userlevel 5

Hey @bamboozle

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Were you ever able to try using a different browser?

Userlevel 5

Okay that is good news! What specific browser are you using? Were you using the same browser on all of the computers you tried?

No I have no issues when I use my phone. The issue is that I need a copy of my bill to expense my cellphone

Juan Carlos Basto