Question

Trying to send a link from the gateway pundit via text and if the link is in the text it won't send.

• 2 January 2022
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Trying to send the link for the article titled “Just Like Soviet Russia: T-Mobile Is Erasing Links to Gateway Pundit Articles if You Send Them by Text Message — MORE UPDATES…”

And it won’t send.  What’s up?

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

There’s been a lot of chatter about T-Mobile blocking URLs in text messages. It’s not censorship but a perhaps misplaced attempt to prevent SPAM.

I just tried to send the URL to the very article on GWP as a test via Messages on T-Mobile top my wife. I sent it 3x and not one went to my wife. But when I pulled one out of the toilet (salon.com) that went through immediately.

Userlevel 1

Same thing happening to me

Userlevel 1

This has been happening with my family, too, and we tested tonight with friends around the country and they did not get any texts that had the Gateway Pundit link in it.  Everything else went through.

Will be calling the AG of Missouri and private attorney to investigate, tomorrow.

Userlevel 1

It's confirmed real, should be illegal, contacting your state AG is in order.

There is a FIX. We confirmed this issue on our phone. Tested with T-Mobile. Tech found problem is "scam shield" a T-Mobile app. Fix is remove scam shield.Then go to Play store, reinstall.

One phone had issue, other two never did. Only reinstalled on one phone with the issue and it fixed it

We checked Scam Shield settings before deleting it. We did not find any setting to account for this.

Scam Shield has "Favorites" which is supposed to whitelist sources but Favoring the sender didn't fix it

Scam Shield has an adult/malicious site blocker. It was not on.

That’s better than what it seemed like at first glance.

Userlevel 1

No, I think it's worse. It's time to contact our State AGs.

We just proved T-Mobile is censoring our private texts with their Scam Sheld app. We don't know if TGP is the only one or if there's more. What words or sites do they censor.

Worse T-Mobile makes us think the texts went fine by not showing any issue to the sender. We only know they're missing when we ask the recipient.

We're paying for a service.

These are private messages between private parties on a common carrier. I'm pretty sure this is already illegal.

Another thread shows many are beginning to notice and it may have dated back to Sept 2021.

Personal SMS messages being censored or “factchecked” https://community.t-mobile.com/topic/show?tid=36743&fid=8

Why is T-Mobile blocking links in text messages?

https://community.t-mobile.com/accounts-services-4/why-is-t-mobile-blocking-links-in-text-messages-40509

Screw T-Mobile. They have become the dark side. Going elsewhere. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I e-mailed that URL to my @tmomail address then forwarded it to a PagaPlus line I have. No problems.

My theory is that you’ve been reported as a spammer and now you’re in the penalty box.

It's T-Mobile.  They are now censoring just like the social media scum. I've had T-Mobile for probably 20 years and I'm about to change

This has been happening with my family, too, and we tested tonight with friends around the country and they did not get any texts that had the Gateway Pundit link in it.  Everything else went through.

Will be calling the AG of Missouri and private attorney to investigate, tomorrow.

I'd love to help in any way. 

Userlevel 1

I see the same thing in Ohio. I have sent my father a few links over the last few days and none of them had arrived. On my end it looked like they sent just fine. When I called him after reading the article  “Just Like Soviet Russia: T-Mobile Is Erasing Links to Gateway Pundit Articles if You Send Them by Text Message — MORE UPDATES…” I called him and, sure enough … he had not received any of the links,  
I tested this with my wife’s phone and I can send links from Yahoo and MSN but not The Gateway Pundit. I am glad that I read the article, I sent some things that my father really needed to know about and T-mobile indicated that the text had actually sent. 
I sent an email to the CEO of T-mobile, Mike Sievert,  last night at mike.sievert@t-mobile.com but didn’t hear back.  You might want to let him know also. 
I will be calling My state AG in a few minutes and I will be switching to another carrier today and saving a few dollars in the process. 

Userlevel 1

There’s been a lot of chatter about T-Mobile blocking URLs in text messages. It’s not censorship but a perhaps misplaced attempt to prevent SPAM.

What would you call it if not censorship?? This is not a spam filter. It is not screening out what I get but what I send and this is an individual 1:1 text. No, this is direct and filthy Soviet Style Censorship!

I sent an email to the T-mobile President at  Mike.Sievert@t-mobile.com and I sent one to my State’s Attorney General. I would urge all of you to do the same.

Userlevel 1

I e-mailed that URL to my @tmomail address then forwarded it to a PagaPlus line I have. No problems.

My theory is that you’ve been reported as a spammer and now you’re in the penalty box.

no, they just unblocked it this morning. It is not the individual sending it that was the issue. It was the website. I tested it last night and it had nothing to do with me, only the link I sent.

WHERE'S THE APOLOGY mike.sievert@t-mobile.com ??

T-Mobile should be ashamed of themselves for CENSORING anything from The Gateway Pundit.  As of today 1/3/22 I retested sending a link from TGP on T-Mobile and it went through.  Proves that pressure from many millions of Americans who use T-Mobile works in thwarting tyranny and censorship. 

Userlevel 1

Trying to send the link for the article titled “Just Like Soviet Russia: T-Mobile Is Erasing Links to Gateway Pundit Articles if You Send Them by Text Message — MORE UPDATES…”

And it won’t send.  What’s up?

If I do not see a satisfactory answer to this issue, I will pull my corporation out of T-Mobile.

I do not want ANY text censoring.  NONE.

It’s a lot of business you will lose.

I expect an answer within 24 hours.

Respectfully

Charles Hagen

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

hate to tell you Charles...but demanding an answer from TMO on a fully peer to peer site just aint gonna happen..

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

no, they just unblocked it this morning. It is not the individual sending it that was the issue. It was the website. I tested it last night and it had nothing to do with me, only the link I sent.

Well, the bottom line is that every good faith attempt I’ve made to duplicate the issue, last night or today, has gone through with no delay or problems. If I can’t duplicate the issue, what am I supposed to do?.

Actually have someone who is tmo tech come in here with an answer?

ETA

so while I was keying this my wife resent the link stripped yesterday via her Verizon account and low and behold it came through. No changes on our hardware,  not even a reboot so tells me this was tmo system doing this since they fixed it. 

So now what you can do is get a solid answer as to WTF they did after they got caught out in this. It won't  change my exit but will keep me from needing to spend time finding someone TO get to the bottom of it. 

Thank you for all the help....

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Actually have someone who is tmo tech come in here with an answer?

………………..

Thank you for all the help....

I don’t hold a whip to command the administrators of this forum.

I just hang out here like the old coot at the general store, passing out sometime unwanted advice.

Have you tried @TMobileHelp on Twitter.

Twitter and Facebook are cesspools. I do not have accounts there.

Tmobile IS censoring conservative information. TMobile is just another POS company that will take the $$ then manipulate what people see. SCREW YOU TMOBILE!