Solved

Unable to access My T-Mobile - keeps redirecting to Prepaid Home page

• 25 January 2019
  • 16 replies

I am a T-mobile Prepaid customer and recently switched plans and got a new SIM card at a T-mobile store. (At this time my.t-mobile.com used to work perfectly fine - I was able to view my balance, recharge etc.)

I was told by the store employees that my old SIM card which was on a pay as you go plan was not compatible with the new pre-paid plan I wanted ($40 per month, 10GB LTE data)

So I got the new SIM card and switched to the new plan.

Ever since I got the new SIM and plan I am unable to access my-t-mobile.com

As soon as I login with my credentials it keeps redirecting me to Prepaid Home page (https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/home)

From the homepage if I click on the "MY T-MOBILE" link it keeps redirecting back to the prepaid home page.

It does however temporarily try to access the following URL (I have modified the URL here to make sure it is not auto converted to a link, also masked my number for data protection / privacy reasons - msisdn=1234567890 had my correct 10-digit number, I have also modified the alphanumeric userId slightly so it is not my actual id)

https:-//-prepaid.t-mobile.com/?migrationStatus=P&code=01.Pcca6wJ3N0ZUU7UxT&msisdn=1234567890&userId=U-73cghbb3-f32f-4kaa-9e2c-055df2ag8609

I tried calling 611 and they reset my password - still the issue persists. Somebody knowledgeable please help !!!

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 1 February 2019, 15:48

View original

16 replies

I have the same issue with my pre-paid account.

Not able to use my-tmobile website, its redirecting to prepaid home page every time. I was told t-mobile mobile app does not work for prepaid customers. So, my only option is call customer service 😥

This has been the case for the last 4 months. I have even opened multiple issue tickets with t-mobile, issue unresolved 😥

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Have you tried using the app? I am on the $3 a month plan. I can get to the WELCOME page for basic info, but when I try to REFILL ACCOUNT it does some weird thing then kicks me back to the WELCOME page. There probably is a good chance that the app may  be useless. Where T-Mobile got these people who TRY to take care of the site and app came from I ain't gotta clue! What do you want to do on the site? There are "short codes", do you live very far from a corporate store.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I replied to magenta 753550, but it might not work. I can't explain it, but I have a prepaid account, and the app works for me.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

The app was supposed to have been fixed some weeks ago. It was to be set up for BOTH postpaid and prepaid accounts. Yeah, I had read that it wasn't going to for prepaid, but a moderator told me different. Are you aware of the SHORT CODES? using the * and # with 3 numbers on your phone it will let you do certain things. I tried to ADD FUNDS, but it took too long. Have you tried one of the cards, or a T-Mobile store? I am not a T-Mobile employee. I have had my account for 15 months, and if I can help I try to do my best.

I have been having the exact same issue. I’m a prepaid customer and they said they are doing maintenance bit it’s been doing that for a long time. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I am a prepaid customer. Are you able to at least get to the WELCOME page? I can. It gives basic info on how many minutes are left, what the balance is, and what will be deducted for the next 30 days. Is there a T-Mobile store close by? I'm just asking what are you wanting to do?

No there isn’t a store near by. I am trying to check my data usage and my domestic data usage but it’s redirectng me to prepaid.t-mobile.com.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

OK, now have you tried calling 611 (Customer Service)?         Short codes for PREPAID                                                                                                                                                       Pay in Advance (Prepaid)

Short code

What it does

*ADD (*233)Call the Refill Center
#BAL# (#225#)Check your account plan timeframe
#999#Check your account balance and minutes remaining
#WEB# (#932#)Check your web usage
#BNG# (#264#)Check the status of Binge On
#BOF# (#263#)Turn Binge On off
#BON# (#266#)Turn Binge On back on

i am not able to do that. It’s an iPad

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I thought you were using a phone. I know nothing about an ipad.

Userlevel 3

Hm.

It. Sounds like we may need to have a ticket filed for your login. My best suggestion would be to reach out to T-Force, you can reach them through FB or Twitter, and you can link them to this thread if you'd prefer not to type everything out again!

-Lauren

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Let us (stepchildren) know when we will access to the site, and for some access to the app. (LOL!)

same thing happening to me. 

Same issue.  With the website update over a month ago all access to the account information was lost.  Clicking "My T-Mobile" or "Login" or "Account" or similar does nothing but cycle endlessly back to the home page.  My service ran out with no warning (No texts or updates) and I just used "one time fill" to add funds to the account.   It's supposed to be on auto pay but obviously isn't and I can't fix it as the website does not work,

Some of these commands work for me, some don't.  For example if I dial #225# I get "SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE"

Hi,

Thanks for your advice @tmo_lauren - I reached out to T-force on facebook messenger and they told me that my account was associated with two lines - the old and the new - so they had to delete the account itself from the back end and I could setup a fresh new online account.

This solution worked - I am back online !

So my-tmobile.com definitely works for prepaid folks 😊

Thanks a lot for all your help and suggestions everyone.

Best,magenta7535550

FYI: I am unable to login to the support forum anymore after my account got deleted - but still getting e-mails - so hopefully replying to this e-mail would work 😊

On Friday, February 1, 2019, 6:48:43 AM PST, tmo_lauren <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

|

T-Mobile Support

|

Unable to access My T-Mobile - keeps redirecting to Prepaid Home page

reply from tmo_lauren in Account & services - View the full discussion

Hm.

It. Sounds like we may need to have a ticket filed for your login. My best suggestion would be to reach out to T-Force, you can reach them through FB or Twitter, and you can link them to this thread if you'd prefer not to type everything out again!

-Lauren

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Unable to access My T-Mobile - keeps redirecting to Prepaid Home page in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences