Question

Unable to change rate plan

• 22 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge
This is the screen I get after clicking “Change My Plan”

I was trying to see what other plan options I have and when I click “Change My Plan” I get taken to a page that says “You are not eligible for any other rate plans at this time.” I don’t understand why I would be unable to change plans?

Does anyone know why I would not be able to change my plan...for reference, I have been with T-mobile for a billion years (so not in a contract), I currently have the Simple Choice Family Unlimited Talk & Text plan BUT I only have 1 line on it at this point, and I do currently have a payment arrangement set up for July 2 (not sure that is the issue but if it is, I can easily pay the balance now so that I can change my plan).

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

If your plan goes back a long time, the online system may not be able to show you the details and what would change on the new plan. If that’s the case you have to call TMO directly to manually have them make the change.

I am currently on a corp discounted Amplified Now plan from about 10 yrs ago. I am unable to change online even when I click on “Upgrade to Magenta Max”. I called TMO directly and they confirmed my plan change can only be done manually via TMO support. Keep in mind, once you leave your old plan, there is no going back. For that reason, I held off from changing to Magenta Max since the benefits were not worth it at this time.

If I try a plan. And later need more data. Can I upgrade my plan.