Unable to make payment

• 14 February 2016
  • 55 replies

I want to pay my bill but your system does not want to accept it. Your system shows "Enter a valid card number" or "Enter a valid routing number" for the cards/accounts that have been used for a long time to pay T-Mobile bills without any problems before. That looks to me like a bug in your web/payment system. Please let me know how to overcome this issue.

55 replies

I knew this thread is old but the for some reason I’m having the same issue last month. I paid my bill and it said please contact T-Mobile but they still took the money off my bank and I tried to pay my bill this month and it says please enter a different card, but they still took the money off and nobody doesn’t know where the money went to. This is crazy. 

Same issue. Can’t refill my account. It’s been suspended !!! I’m out of the US now and can’t even add the app on my phone - it shows wrong region . What to do??

Hi, For those still having this problem, I may have found a temporary work around. Use the T-Mobile app on your phone to access your account, and make a payment from there. I tried this on a whim earlier and it worked. Not a great solution, but until the website is fixed this may save you some trouble.

Wow, 4 years later and they still have the same issue. Worst service ever... EVER! 

Same. 

Wow, 4 years later and they still have the same issue. Worst service ever... EVER! 

same.

For the last 3 months I’ve  needed to refill I’ve had this problem. Trying 2 different computer 3 different browser and different card, the form highlights as red right away saying the card number is not valid. 

What’s the point of an app if I can never use it?

For the last 3 months I’ve  needed to refill I’ve had this problem. Trying 2 different computer 3 different browser and different card, the form highlights as red right away saying the card number is not valid. 

Badge

STOP pretending it is sth on customer end, I have the same issue since June, clearly you guys want to make our lives miserable, I considering switching to the AT&T PRepaid service

I have solved my problem and hope to help everyone.
Let me talk about my situation first: I changed my number a month ago. I have used the previous number for nearly three years without any problems. The problem was the first recharge after I changed my number. t mobile Card number is invalid. Please try again.
mmmmmmmm......I entered the account with the previous number and deleted all registered credit cards. Then enter the new (current) number to add recharge, no problem at all! ! ! !
When you want to change to a new number, the clerk should remind you to log in to your account to delete all credit cards. After all, you don’t use this account anymore, do you?

Just ran into an issue today that sounds exactly the same, I entered 3 different valid card numbers, both Visa and Discover, into 3 different browsers, and was not able to successfully validate a card. Also the T-Mobile App seems to be down. This is for a prepaid plan.

I ended up having to go through the 611 payment over phone service, which worked well enough. Hopefully this is a temporary re-emergence of this issue and I can set up auto-pay later.

They are providing best services i have an problem before one year they solved my problem quickly. will share more info here.

Their difficulty with input formatting extends beyond cc numbers...they can't get it right with phone numbers either.  Phone numbers, think about that. Anyway, about a year ago I couldn't logon using the same saved account info I always used, which was my phone number with parens and dashes in the number.  Strip those out, logging in using the same old password worked just fine.

Not exactly high on the list of troubleshooting steps these days.  In fact, I'll bet the last time I had web form input validation or formatting problems with a credit card or phone number I was probably using Netscape over dial up.

Now I can't pay a bill because the pay by cc goes to the list of saved payment methods, but none can be selected. I can delete or add all the cards I want, just can't use any of them.  Maybe a server has a bad floppy drive, who knows.

I've encountered this in the past (some year ago) as well as today. The current ios app doesn't allow hyphens in the cc# field, automatically defaults to numeric key entry (no hyphen available), and will truncate the string even if you try to paste in the full number including hyphens. However, if you use the web login after giving up on the mobile app, you'll find the cc# field is configured to automatically insert hyphens and will accept the string in that format, which is apparently what their backend system is expecting. Bottom line is, using the mobile app to try to pay by cc will fail due to this misconfiguration.

I agree with the above comments that this is a fundamental issue that needs immediate attention.The term "embarrassing" comes to mind.

I have the same problems too. Tried on Edge, Chrome Firefox. But if I'm using the Chrome autoload the credit card number, the error went away. The next problem i have now is unable to click Save and Continue. It remained greyed out and I can't go any further. Same goes to all other browsers and handphones i tried. It's ridiculous!

Having this issue still in 2019. I’ve attempted to enter many different card numbers, through several different browsers, but still getting the same error message. I reached out to a rep via chat, and was advised that there is an issue with the payment system that could take a few hours to fix. Also, it appears that all of my saved card information has been deleted, so I’m not able to make a payment that way either.

Same here, it's been 2 years and they haven't solved it yet. Also the app does not work, it says "Sorry we're not ready for you yet". Such a bad service.

6/2019, and I'm having this issue. REPEATEDLY..

How is it that T-Mobile's team of "engineers" can't either share a workaround, or actually - gasp - implement a fix?

Seriously, the UX on this webpage is godawful...so many weird login quirks.

Their idiot CEO spends too much time with trump.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I saw this issue going on a few months ago. We'd need you to Community-2153​ and have one of our Team of Experts or T-Force folks file a Help Desk ticket. That'll be the way to get this resolved.

Credit card not valid problem.  I've been paying my bill through the website for years the same way.  This is frustrating and not acceptable.  Last billing cycle worked fine.  So it would be nice to hear an offiicial update from the support team.

SAME PROBLEM! (NOVEMBER 10,2018)

Tried every available method and no method is working for me at all and everything is updated! Very frustrating!

Yep, same problem here.

Doesn't work on:

Chrome (fully updated)

Firefox (fully updated)

Brave browswer (fully updated)

Mobile app (fully updated)

Just get the "enter valid bank information" in red. It's definitely valid!

Having the same problem today, card that always worked can't even be filled out , says right away, enter valid nr. I guess my phone will be turned off, called the 611 line lady didnt know. why card dont work. Use card all the time. had same thing happenend last December.

I've now started having the same problem. The stored card that I've been using for years isn't there, and attempting to enter new card information fails with "enter a valid card number" in red. (I've tried multiple cards, and I've verified several times that I typed in the number correctly.) I'm experiencing this bug with desktop Chrome, and with the browser on my phone.

T-Mobile: do you have an estimate for when the bug in your web site will be fixed?

Having this same problem thats only started since T mobile has upgraded their website. have never had a problem in the past. I know the card is valid because i JUST used it at the ATM. I know the number is being entered right and attempted to several times. but still im being told to enter a valid card number. I have tried on both the website and mobile app and having same problem so clearly its not the browser its t mobile having the problem. I only have one card if T mobile wants me to pay my bill they should fix their system