Question

Unable to refill prepaid account

• 25 July 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hey there! I am struggling to refill my prepaid account with a card I regularly use to refill this account. The system says that the card number is invalid. I tried a new card and same problem. Definitly a bug in the system. Please can someone help out ASAP! 

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Call 611 and speak to Tmobile cs!

Same issue here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The system has been broken for a few weeks now with no sign of it being fixed.  You have to call Customer Care to add your card to your account so it can autopay or go into a store and pay there.  

When I try to refill using Credit Card that work everywhere else, the T-Mobile gives a message stating that the Credit Card Number is invalid.  I got this same message last month in August as well.  Surprising that T-Mobile cannot fix this issue for an entire month.  This error comes no matter which credit or debit card one uses

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

When I try to refill using Credit Card that work everywhere else, the T-Mobile gives a message stating that the Credit Card Number is invalid.  I got this same message last month in August as well.  Surprising that T-Mobile cannot fix this issue for an entire month.  This error comes no matter which credit or debit card one uses

You either need to top it up in a store or call *233 or Customer Care and have it processed over the phone.  Have them add your card to your account if you don’t want to be calling them every month until they fix this mess, which no one has any idea as to when it will be fixed.  

I tried four different credit cards on Tuesday … none of them worked.

I was about to give up on T-Mobile (I don’t have time for this.), as my T-Mobile number is a second line I set up only for COVID teleworking to avoid giving my personal cell number out to some folks who don’t need to have it.  I was able to pay my bill online today, but I had to go through some hoops:

1. Enter your credit card number.
  2. Enter another field (such as “CVV”).  Make your entry there.
  3. Click back into the credit card entry field.  Fix the credit card number (it seems the web page deleted the last four digits after the first time I entered it).
  4. Complete the rest of your data entry items.
  5. Complete the transaction.

After this data entry dance, it did work.  This time.

I'm interested to know if this works for anyone else.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Gee….seems like it would be easier to just call….:upside_down:

This is ridiculous. We shouldn’t have to CALL and sit on hold for an hour to pay them money! That’s the whole point of the online payment system. They say they have a ticket open with no fix date in sight. So, the only way to pay is to call and sit on hold or to hit them up on Twitter and wait 20 min for a reply. 

Poor customer service.

Sad.

T-Mobile used to have great customer service. Boo.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

This is ridiculous. We shouldn’t have to CALL and sit on hold for an hour to pay them money! That’s the whole point of the online payment system. They say they have a ticket open with no fix date in sight. So, the only way to pay is to call and sit on hold or to hit them up on Twitter and wait 20 min for a reply. 

Poor customer service.

Sad.

T-Mobile used to have great customer service. Boo.

Think of it in a positive way.  You are helping Customer Care staff keep their jobs instead of being tried down to nothing but an automated service.