Question

Unknown 404 numbers showing up on my usage log

• 3 August 2021
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

For about 2 months now, our text message usage log shows there has been hundreds of incoming text messages from two  "Atlanta, GA" numbers: 404-455-0118 and 404-455-0112. We have never actually recieved anything from these numbers (nothing in our phones). It just shows up on the usage history.

I contacted the # and they are out of service, but it shows on our log that we're receiving well over a dozen texts from them EVERY day. We don't know anyone from GA and that's on the other side of the country from us. I blocked these # from our family accounts, but they're STILL showing up on the usage log regularly. They appear randomly, at all times of the day and night, etc. No phone calls or outgoing messages, though.

26 replies

404-455-0118 has been randomly showing up on our text logs since  mid June. This one on my line once and then on my husbands a few times. I get another 404 area code text on mine and it’s out water meter usage alert texts. It’s the only other number with that area code. So maybe it’s some sort of business. I tried calling the number also and it rings and then says mailbox is full. 

Check it out. 
The first question was posted 17 days ago. And zero response from T-Mobile. I have the same question. But check this out. I asked them over 3 months ago. I also have three months of bills that i can not see the details for. I am a business customer. I am involved in two litigations right now. Which i am not the defendant thank God. And i will win the suits, But i need my dang phone bills. Please. And have been promised by tmobile that i would received them. But i have not received. This generic cellular service has almost caused two divorces to take place. Two lives were almost ruined because the documentation that is supposed to be provided to me has not been provided and i have done my part. I have paid my bill, on time, with auto pay and have completed my part of the contract we have. Tmobile. You have not accomplished your end of the deal. Im disgusted and very angry right now because of this. I wanted to, and have been trying to give you a chance. But as of right now, you have been the worst cellular provider i have ever worked with in my life. And i have been using mobile phones ever since the dial up phone came out that my pops had in his Oldsmobile Delta 88. 

i have the same question as the first customers that have made post here. When i go to the Tmobile stores there is just very young employees there that do not help me, they just talk in circles and its obvious that they do not know what the heck they are doing. (Wayne County NC) im not paying for my bill any longer and i will be asking you soon via certified mail for a refund for the bills you can not seem to pull out of your a.. and give to me. And speaking with an attorney about all of this may be my next move. Im not hating on you Tmobile. I just want some answers and i want to know when you will have have the problems worked out. I dont want BS. Just give me the truth. I love the truth even if it hurts. Its always the best. There are at least five serious problem i have with my account that have caused major security issues at my business and two lives to almost be ruined. I really hope to get some help very soon. 
thank you. 
And i wish you the best of all super natural and non-supernatural powers on getting your difficulties worked out.  

sincerely. 
christopher

SMGLLC

This has also happened to me with both 404-455-0118 and 404-455-0112.  They appeared on my usage log but I did not receive texts from these numbers.

I would love an answer from T-Mobile. I wonder if it has to do with the recent large data breach.

I have the same thing happening with our phones also get a 678 318 2618 Buford  ga number anyone else

It’s not just GA anymore random numbers all day and night. I was breached and all the numbers and accounts even if T-Mobile indicated the account was not breached. Positive is that the messages are not making it through and some steps have been made. Although long term may not be positive. I would hate to see if anyone for any reason needed to see the text logs or the details bills. It’s unfortunate that T-Mobile could even be hacked. Multimillion dollar company and now we have to deal with their security issues. Will they credit, Will class actions be filed, will they catch the hacker, was this an inside job, was this political??? People need answers and this resolved or myself like many will never use T-Mobile again. We will see how valued we are as their customers.

This has also happened to me with both 404-455-0118 and 404-455-0112.  They appeared on my usage log but I did not receive texts from these numbers.

I would love an answer from T-Mobile. I wonder if it has to do with the recent large data breach.

It does

My text log shows that I texted my daughter at 3 in the morning and I didn't text her and her old phone number is sending me text

Badge

404-455-0118 has been randomly showing up on our text logs since  mid June. This one on my line once and then on my husbands a few times. I get another 404 area code text on mine and it’s out water meter usage alert texts. It’s the only other number with that area code. So maybe it’s some sort of business. I tried calling the number also and it rings and then says mailbox is full. 

Where u live ?? U keep get text frOm this 

Badge

It does

U sure 

Me too but yall are lucky, im goin on ThREEyears of this it is ridiculous! 
no everything has been hacked and my phone is being controlled remotely. I can say T-Mobile has tried to help me but the Froñ guy actually ended up telling me that it basically comes down to T-Mobile only being a third-party security wise and that this was out of their hands…. this *Hacker* or whoever it is using my T-Mobile account and changing settings all the time has ruined my life and marriage of 38 years. they have taken a special interest in ruining my life ! it’s crazy and it seems far-fetched but it’s my reality! don’t let it get out of hand and ignore the issue like I did in the beginning because this is where it ends up….literally ruined my once happy life 

I just saw the 4044550112 number pop up under my fiancé’s account. Obviously I’m wondering who this is? He said he never got a text from this number. 

We are also having this issue?? 

Both these 404 numbers show up on my husbands text logs. Started in March before the hack. He says he gets nothing. Oddly this started right as he went back to work, and started acting different. It is at the point of causing a divorce. Either they need to stop, be completely removed from Tmobiles logs, report or something. I happen to think it is a texting application on line to allow someone to send a text to some one else. Like a mistress reaching out. But that could be the 7 months of multiple random texts that are no longer showing up on the phone, but show on the phone bill. 

Me too but yall are lucky, im goin on ThREEyears of this it is ridiculous! 
no everything has been hacked and my phone is being controlled remotely. I can say T-Mobile has tried to help me but the Froñ guy actually ended up telling me that it basically comes down to T-Mobile only being a third-party security wise and that this was out of their hands…. this *Hacker* or whoever it is using my T-Mobile account and changing settings all the time has ruined my life and marriage of 38 years. they have taken a special interest in ruining my life ! it’s crazy and it seems far-fetched but it’s my reality! don’t let it get out of hand and ignore the issue like I did in the beginning because this is where it ends up….literally ruined my once happy life 

I dont want to like this to say that it is good. The situation is bad, and I can see it happening. My marriage too is coming to an end because of it. I am sorry. Something needs to be done, they need to investigate this. 

For 2 years, I have dozens of unknown phone numbers calling and texting from my T-Mobile line. These calls and texts are not being made from my device. T-Mobile only suggests that I change my phone number, but I want to know who and how this is happening? I’m a survivor of stalking, and violent crimes, identity theft. It blows my mind that T-Mobile can not  tell me how this is happening on my line. I continuously search online for answers. I need to know what these text messages say, that are being made on my line.

It’s from mocospace I found out 

How did you find this out?  I call the number and it goes to a full voicemail box.  I sent a text, but haven't gotten a response yet. 

This is happening to me as well. I noticed this about a year ago. One year later I’m sure there are  thousands of texts and phone calls that are listed on my usage yet I have never called nor text these numbers. They even have outgoing messages and calls listed in my usage that I’ve never ever ever replied to via text or called these numbers. T-Mobile  can’t tell me what they are or where they’re coming from. T-mobile only tells me that my account is perfectly safe and nothing is out of the ordinary. It drives me crazy. T-mobile who claims to be so efficient at security yet they can’t fix this and they can’t tell me what’s wrong so I’ve just given up on calling them about it. 
I have done my research. It seems to be a very serious issue. Criminals steal or use other networks and phone numbers to mask their own malicious activity. Why would anyone do this unless they’re using our numbers to hide their actions. I’m afraid that I will get blamed for whatever they’re doing as my research says it appears as if the victims can be blamed. I’m very concerned but it’s falling on T-mobile’s deaf ears.

Yes I am a victim of the 404 numbers too. Me and my wife are still newly weds and those damn numbers have damaged our marriage and my wife was on the brink of divorce. I want to thank the community for sharing their experiences with everybody cause if not my wife would still not believe me. What I do know is if my wife decides to leave me over these numbers or texts that T-mobile shouldn’t be letting continue to happen I will be filing a suit. They don’t understand how much pain and suffering and damage this has caused many people but most importantly the love of my life. I pray that my marriage can be salvaged. T-mobile doesn’t think this is that serious but when something serious happens they will open their eyes when they are getting served papers. Make sure you all save and log your incidents you never know when you might need them…….Thanks community you all just might have saved my marriage at least I’m hoping!

Today I received a text from a member of my family plan, but it appeared to be coming from 404-455-0118! This is after they began having trouble on their accounts and suspected they had been hacked. Their phone was showing calls/texts from me as coming from a different number in their contacts list. I had called T-Mobile about looking into the account and was told they’d investigate and get back to me within 3 business days. They have not. This is causing major problems!

I literally just confronted my husband over this number and got in an argument, T-Mobile has some answering to do. 

(404)455-0118 

My husband and daughter have gotten txt from both 404-455-0118 and 404-455-0112, it shows on the usage log but they don’t receive any messages. The first time I seen it was nov of 2021 on my husband’s number and no message to go with it . So of course I was like what the heck , who’s txting you and you’re deleting it. But I tried calling and txting the number with no response, now today I seen that number again on my husband’s number for sep 29th and the other number on my daughter’s number for 9/14 and 9/19. This is ridiculous! They need to fix it asap. 

How did you find this out?  I call the number and it goes to a full voicemail box.  I sent a text, but haven't gotten a response yet. 

I was wondering the same how does she know. I called and it goes straight to vm which is full and they don’t reply to me txt. It was on my husband and daughter’s phone usage on the bill, but not on the phone. 

Both these 404 numbers show up on my husbands text logs. Started in March before the hack. He says he gets nothing. Oddly this started right as he went back to work, and started acting different. It is at the point of causing a divorce. Either they need to stop, be completely removed from Tmobiles logs, report or something. I happen to think it is a texting application on line to allow someone to send a text to some one else. Like a mistress reaching out. But that could be the 7 months of multiple random texts that are no longer showing up on the phone, but show on the phone bill. 

Our husbands can’t all be being with same girl from GA lol. It’s a scammer ! It’s just super annoying! 

You can check the number at https://www.datacorelookup.com/

I have seen these numbers as well when reviewing text logs. I used white pages and this is what I found. I called the 404-455-0112 and a guy answered. I questioned about the texts but he said he has no idea because he didn't send a text to my number. Tried the 404-455-0118 and voicemail is full. Hope this helps someone. But it does need to stop. I never had this issue when I was with Sprint for 18 years, switched over to T-Mobile when they merged with Sprint and have had nothing but issues.