Unlock phone

• 26 February 2019
  • 17 replies

I bought the phone because they told me I could unlock it to use my SIM from Mexico I asked repeatedly and they assured me yes I bought it on the 9th it's now the 26 and still nothing they told me when I called I needed to add 40 dollars more TMobile lied ugh I can't believe they were so dishonest

17 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey there!

Welcome to our Support Community! I'm truly sorry you were misinformed on the qualifications to unlock devices especially after you already purchased the phone. If you're still looking to unlock your phone, you'll need to meet these qualifications to submit the request.

i need help unlocking the my device

i have a one plus and cant find the unlocking app

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Did you buy the device form Tmobile or OnePlus?

Hola Compre en eBay un LGK10 428 de su operadora y el anuncio decía desbloqueado cuando me llego active la app que trae el dispositivo y al tratar de desbloquear me dice que no califica para el desbloqueo que debo hacer ? Que requisitos necesito para que el dispositivo califique Gracias

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hola Compre en eBay un LGK10 428 de su operadora y el anuncio decía desbloqueado cuando me llego active la app que trae el dispositivo y al tratar de desbloquear me dice que no califica para el desbloqueo que debo hacer ? Que requisitos necesito para que el dispositivo califique Gracias

Debe ser cliente de Tmobile USA y cumplir con los requisitos del enlace a continuación.
También deberá ponerse en contacto con el vendedor del teléfono e informarle que el teléfono estaba bloqueado. Tmobile no vende teléfonos en eBay.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/unlock-your-mobile-wireless-device

Im trying to get our phones unlocked. I called 4 days ago, followed up 3 times yet no resolution. Anyone have luck with this?  I may just give up and port my number to another carrier altogether and let them deal with unlocked phones.  Frustrating 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

What type of phones?

It’s IPhone 8plus and x

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Tmobile has to submit the request to Apple  and that can take more time especially if you requested the code on a Thursday or Friday. 

Badge +1

Im trying to get our phones unlocked. I called 4 days ago, followed up 3 times yet no resolution. Anyone have luck with this?  I may just give up and port my number to another carrier altogether and let them deal with unlocked phones.  Frustrating 

It can take up to 5 business days, I requested on a Thursday and got it on Wednesday the next week.

If you port out before unlocking you’re creating a HUGE mess that you don’t want to deal with. Be patient and do it right, otherwise you’ll regret it.

Hi,I need you to unlock my phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Are you a Tmobile USA customer?

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/unlock-your-mobile-wireless-device

I would like to unlock my Alcatel GoFlip phone.

How to I unlock it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Look at the link in the above post.

If you’re not a Tmobile USA customer Tmobile can’t unlock it.

Badge

Hello, 

My husband and I recently deactivated our TMobile account as we have moved out of the USA. 

We both got our phones from TMobile and since they are paid in full we assumed they are unlocked too. 

This morning after our TMobile account was deactivated we switched to our Canadian number and found out that our phones are still locked. 

We called customer service this morning to get this resolved. After waiting for two hours to get to a customer service agent we found out they cannot verify our account. We do not remember our 6 digit code as we had always requested OTP whenever we logged in and now we cannot do that anymore as our number is deactivated. 

I was shocked to know that the only way TMobile can verify an account is by sending a text message. We are able to receive 6 digit pins on our email when we try to login into our account online but according to the agent they cannot do that. 

We have been a TMobile customer for 6-7 years. I am having a hard time believing that a company like TMobile does not have any other way of identifying or verifying a closed account. 

Please let us know how we can resolve this issue as soon as possible. All we want to do is get our phones unlocked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

What types of phones? It's easier to get an Android phone unlocked since they have an app on them.