Question

Unlock phone

• 24 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Why are all of our paid-off phones are locked to be used only with the T-mobile Network?

Even the ones that I purchased directly cannot be used with other networks.

Even the status says unlock/not registered with T-mobile cannot be used  with other SIM Cards.

What is going on? This is restriction in my communication freedom. Phones belong to me. You shouldn’t lock them in the first place.

Please unlock them ASAP before I report you to every agency possible. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Have you called t-mobile to request the unlock codes.

If you bought iPhones from any other place besides Apple the Sim will lock to the first carrier. An apple rule.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/unlock-your-mobile-wireless-device

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Why are all of our paid-off phones are locked to be used only with the T-mobile Network?

Even the ones that I purchased directly cannot be used with other networks.

Even the status says unlock/not registered with T-mobile cannot be used  with other SIM Cards.

What is going on? This is restriction in my communication freedom. Phones belong to me. You shouldn’t lock them in the first place.

Please unlock them ASAP before I report you to every agency possible. 

T-Mobile does not sell SIM unlocked devices.  As mentioned, there are unlock requirements that if you meet, you must then request the unlock for those devices through T-Mobile.  If those unlocks are for Apple devices, then the request is made to T-Mobile who then makes the request to Apple.  This is mostly a customer inhabited forum.  To request the unlock for your devices, you need to contact Customer Care or the T-Force Team through Facebook or Twitter to make the request.