Solved

Unlock taking more than 48 hours

T-mobile service is terrible, its been almost more than 48hours I have requested for unlocking and I have an overseas travel. All they say at first is your device payment is due but reality is device was buyed on full payment later taking  30mins to confirm that its clear. I have to wait hours and hours to  listen same repeated lines from representative. now from 24hrs it extended to 48hrs and other representative says that it could be up to 14days or even 72hrs. I dont get it why is it taking that long for tmobile is unlock iphone. The representative scheduled a call back and I have been waiting for hours to get call from them, but they never called. Could any one tell me how long does they actually take for unlocking iphone and what is the reason its getting delayed

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 15 March 2018, 00:44

It normally doesn't take longer than a few days so as long as you meet all the requirements on our @  you'll want to take a look at the link I posted above and take a look at the requirements. If you're all good, you'll need to contact our Care folks to start the unlock process.

View original

16 replies

I want to unlock the cell lg.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

It normally doesn't take longer than a few days so as long as you meet all the requirements on our @  you'll want to take a look at the link I posted above and take a look at the requirements. If you're all good, you'll need to contact our Care folks to start the unlock process.

Userlevel 5

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Have you received your unlock code yet?

I need to get my iphone unlocked I payed it off and supposedly it was supposed to be completed by today according to the care team but I have not received a code. Can I get some help please?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

iPhones don’t have unlock codes but if you are approved you can try using this Apple support link.

Tmobile request the unlock from Apple then Apple does the rest.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

No that link does not help me because tmobile has not done what they need to do. How do I contact there corporate offices?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Tmobile sends the request to Apple then Apple approves the unlock so until Tmobile hears back from Apple it’s in Apple’s court.

You can try contacting Tmobile using messenger via Facebook or Twitter. It seems like they can get unlock request done pretty quick.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

No that link does not help me because tmobile has not done what they need to do. How do I contact there corporate offices?

also the device is still active with the TMO sim in it correct?

I’m on day 2 of waiting for the unlock email. Can someone explain why it should take more than 15 minutes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If it’s an iPhone ,Apple has the code so Tmobile needs to get it from them.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Don’t use third party services to unlock a phone, takes a while or usually do not work correctly.

phone has to be active and in the system at least like 2 or 3 months of active use.

ANY phone has unlock capability especially t mobile. find it somewhere on the phone’s general settings or tmobile has a unlock app, built in inside the phone, so use that.

IMPORTANT, unlock or request to unlock ONLY while you are on their network, turn off WIFI.

should take seconds not hours or a day. for real...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Don’t use third party services to unlock a phone, takes a while or usually do not work correctly.

phone has to be active and in the system at least like 2 or 3 months of active use.

ANY phone has unlock capability especially t mobile. find it somewhere on the phone’s general settings or tmobile has a unlock app, built in inside the phone, so use that.

IMPORTANT, unlock or request to unlock ONLY while you are on their network, turn off WIFI.

should take seconds not hours or a day. for real...

I unlocked my 2 LG V30’s on wifi using the unlock app with no problem even without a sim card.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am glad it worked out for you. last 2 times I did it, with wifi, it gave me the finger. turning it off allowed me to do so in seconds. I was hoping they could do it this way, if it helps speed it up and doing it correctly. interesting. :]

I’m on day 2 of waiting for the unlock email. Can someone explain why it should take more than 15 minutes?

I got ahold of an agent who said the request was still in pending but she was able to approve it. I asked how long before I would see the email and she said “shortly”. It’s now been 4 hours and no email. I cannot WAIT to be done with Tmobile forever. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

That sucks. I don’t understand why can’t you do it yourself?

If it’s a t-mobile phone, did it not come with a device unlock app?

turn off wifi and try it, if you have not done so. great luck !

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Oh remember and I quote “ Once you get the confirmation email you simply need to insert a non T-Mobile SIM card to complete the unlock. You will see the other carrier up where the signal bars are. “

but, it should do it, even without a email confirmation. especially iphones.