Upgrade Support Charge

• 15 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I was very upset after my husband/dgt. returned from ordering a new iphone at TMobile.  They went there as we are long time customers and just thought it would be easiest.  I just received the receipt as the phone had to be ordered and on top of the expensive phone was an additional $20 support charge!  They were not informed about this charge prior to purchase and were also told that when the phone came that it would just be easier for her to transfer her info at home.  So for the $20 she isn’t even getting assistance in setting up her new phone.  I found on this forum that TMobile is doing this without telling customers which seems a bit illegal to me.  We have been very happy with TMobile but won’t make the mistake of buying a new phone in their store again.  

gramps28 3 years ago

The upgrade charge has been around a few years, other carriers have been doing this also and charge more.

There is no upgrade charge if you do it online which is what I did last time I upgraded.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The upgrade charge has been around a few years, other carriers have been doing this also and charge more.

There is no upgrade charge if you do it online which is what I did last time I upgraded.