Solved

USAGE DETAILS NOT UPDATED

Userlevel 2
Badge

My usage nor Digits has updated since my last cycle Jan 28th 2023.  I called and was told they were working on some technical issues and to check it in a few days.  A week later and it still is not updated.  Anyone else had that problem? 

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 1 March 2023, 23:30

View original

129 replies

Userlevel 1

PS - this issue is NOT solved. I don’t know who at TMO said that it is, but more disinformation and lack of transparency.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

PS - this issue is NOT solved. I don’t know who at TMO said that it is, but more disinformation and lack of transparency.

Correct, this is not solved. This issue is still ongoing 4 weeks with no fix, no timeline, no way to see any usage from the billing cycle!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello all. I greatly appreciate you posting about your experiences and apologize in my delay in responding to this and many other threads. I wanted to make sure that I took some time to look into what was going on and find some answers before I posted anything because I didn’t want to speculate or spread rumors. 

Firstly, I want to make it 100% clear that we are not getting rid of the ability to view detailed usage real-time. We understand how important it is that everyone is able to see what is going on with their lines. Waiting for the next cycle is not reasonable especially in the situations that are discussed on this thread and others. 

All of the valuable feedback that you shared here on the Community and through the tickets that are filed through customer care are extremely helpful. Your feedback is being heard and we are working on finding the root cause to this issue and fixing it. We are so sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I know it has been going on for a while, but we appreciate your continued patience while we work towards a solution. 

When can we expect a timeline for repair?

Userlevel 1

I just got off the phone with a support person. This was my second call and I wanted answers but they’re covering up something. They said that they spoke with the development team or whoever and they just don’t have an estimate as to when this will be fixed, but he told me that the feature is not going away. I feel like this company cannot be trusted. I feel like they’re hiding something. Something major must’ve happened in order for this to break in the first place, if it is in fact, broken and not going away. I have been in the software industry for over 40 years and if something takes this long to fix then it’s not a company you want to deal with. I am going to file a report with the BBB and move to another carrier. We just moved to T-Mobile about six months ago so it’s a pain for me to move on but I won’t deal with a company who lies to me. 

Userlevel 3

I suppose it’s good to see that others are experiencing the same problem with usage details, and I certainly agree this issue has NOT been solved.  And I see that HeavenM has not offered any ETA when this will be fixed, which for a company this size is pretty unacceptable.  Personally, I would like to see a credit on my bill for this decrease in service.  I wonder if these data problems have anything to do with T-Mobile’s data breech? 

The other problem is that it appears almost impossible to reach Customer Care via the phone. What’s with that? 

Userlevel 2

How can the usage be viewable as normally is and then suddenly stops right at the next billing cycle?  Fixing an issue that impacts such a large number of customers and is clearly visible and can be duplicated shouldn’t be taking this long.  Data is there on the backend for each account but is not viewable by customers, fix it PLEASE before you start losing customers.  Outsource some technical staff who know what they’re doing, this has taken long enough. 

I've had the same issue since my billing cycle closed a week ago and have had that issue off and on for months. 

What I was told yesterday was the issue has been going on since December. Those that didn't have the issue before have that issue now and those that do not have the issue now have had it before and they have been been working on the issue since December and have not been able to resolve it in its entirety. So bottom line, they have no idea how this happened or how to resolve it. WHAT A WASRE OF A FEATURE THAT IS NEEDED!

Userlevel 1

I am really beginning to HATE TMobile. This is a valuable feature that is standard everywhere else. 😡

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Still not working, still no timeline for repair. No usage details since Jan 26. My billing cycle closes in a couple days and I’m interested to see what happens.

Userlevel 3

My usage report is also still not working, broken since last billing cycle ended.  And I still cannot get through to Customer Care on the phone.  Maybe this is related to T-Mobile’s data loss, where the “bad actor” was actually a T-Mobile employee who stole data and corrupted their system.  Or maybe not, idk.  But this is an all hands on deck situation and T-Mobile is not being forthright with its customers about what’s going on.  However, what is still working, it appears, is T-Mobile’s billing system, so customers can continue to pay for less.  I suggest everyone contact their Attorneys General office and file a complaint. 

Userlevel 3

I spoke to a representative about this problem a few days ago, in the chat. He said the usage is supposed to update every 2 hours. He made me a ticket for tech support, and I still haven’t heard anything. We need to keep calling and blogging these complaints, cause Tmobile is obviously holding back information.. Either they really can’t fix it, plan on not fixing it, or waiting a while before telling the public they’re taking away the feature all together. So let’s keep this up. Maybe a boycott will happen, or they’ll lose us all as customers 🤷🏽‍♀️. Hopefully they’ll just come clean, & fix it tho !

Userlevel 1

I had mine stop showing up on 2/16/23 and when I called they said same thing. They were fixing an issue first on their end and would submit a ticket and have someone call me back.  A few days go by and I call again and the person said it kicks in two days after your billing cycle closes, I told them it has been a week since that has closed and still not working.  They just said an issue on their end, It is really frustrating and being with them for 17 yrs, I am really thinking of switching. 

Badge

No usage data since 2/9. Very difficult to get assistance with TMobile. 

Userlevel 3

@adame2107  It’s been since the 10th for me. It’s ridiculous for them to change it to work like that any way, if that’s what they’re claiming. What if someone needs the info right away, for whatever reason. U now have to wait a little over a month ? I was going to just wait till after the 10th of next month to recheck, but you’re saying it’s been 2 weeks and still nothing ? 

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue.  Spoke with someone in Support earlier in the week that gave me an explanation that was incomprehensible word salad.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Stuff like this does not just ‘stop working’. If they updated code, these things go through a software QA process before being rolled out. It would have been caught there, unless they employ a bunch of amateurs. Like the person in the software industry above said, no way this is possible. 

It’s been a month now. My billing cycle ends tomorrow. We’ll see what happens….

Userlevel 2

I am so upset that I now have to switch carriers because of this issue.  I’ve been with Tmobile for many years.  It’s so sad that they won’t be honest about this situation and at least notify us of their planned action going forward.  I’m going to see if it updates on Feb 28 after the billing cycle.  If not , I’m out.  I can’t bill my clients without this information.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Stuff like this does not just ‘stop working’. If they updated code, these things go through a software QA process before being rolled out. It would have been caught there, unless they employ a bunch of amateurs. Like the person in the software industry above said, no way this is possible. 

Interested to know what happens when your billing cycle ends. I’m a couple days behind you. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Interested to know what happens when your billing cycle ends. I’m a couple days behind you. 

Please let us know! Mine is in 10 days. If the issue is not resolved then I'm switching companies 

I have the same issue, not able to track my kids usages, very disappointed T-Mobile 

Userlevel 3

T mobile MUST give an explanation and answer for this change in the service.  If not, we must ALL report to the BBB and start a lawsuit ....

Userlevel 3

@HeavenM: Are you a T-Mobile employee?  If so, have you spoken with technical support regarding if this function is being restored as real-time access?  Certainly if you can speak with tech support they should be able to give some idea as to what has happened.

I finally got through to a CSR yesterday, someone from the Philippines, but her response was similar to what others have said here that this data should be available at the start of a next billing cycle. 

My billing cycle ended 2 days ago and nothing changed. You still can't see the usage. The page is actually blank now. You can't see past usage from other billing cycles either.

I was a Sprint customer since 2005. 18 years Never had a problem. I knew this switch would ruin everything.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the data breach....  They are still not done with the investigation of what information was compromised.