USPS lost my trade in phone needed for a rebate

• 26 November 2019
  • 32 replies

I purchased an iphone 11.  It has a rebate of $580.  The rebate requires a trade in, and I mailed in my old iphone 6s to Assurant with the prepaid label given at time of purchase.

The tracking number shows no activity after the iphone 6s was accepted by USPS.  (Tracking number: 92162901067815500230947524).  It simply says "in transit" and has said so for 2 weeks.  I have opened a a "missing mail" inquiry (USPS Missing Mail Search ID: 7879319). 

RIght now, T-mobile has notes in my account that I have inquired about this, and that I have filled out a missing mail search with USPS.

The phone must be received by December 4 or else the rebate is denied. (At this point, I assume the iphone 6s will never be found.)

My question:   Has T-mobile ever honored a rebate if the trade-in phone is lost by USPS?

32 replies

Who have a flip phone nowaday? Could you file a complaint with Better Business Bureau? I am worried about my case and this is the second time it happened to me.

I know right? Happened to me twice too. I contacted T mobile help on twitter. They said they will credit me back. I will believe it when i get my credit.

Who have a flip phone nowaday? Could you file a complaint with Better Business Bureau? I am worried about my case and this is the second time it happened to me.

I know right? Happened to me twice too. I contacted T mobile help on twitter. They said they will credit me back. I will believe it when i get my credit.

Did T-Mobile end up giving you the credit?

Badge

It seems the post office they have you send the phone to is noy very good if you read the YELP reviews.

I too have sent 2 phones in to the address on the label.It got to the Lewisville 75057 post office on 10/07/21 and now says its in transit to the next facility. After reading all these post and the yelp reviews I figure I’m out $800 on each phone.

My son also sent his phone back on 10/8/21 and it went to the Coppell post office who in turn delivered the phone to Assurance on 10/12/21

Was with Verizon for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngg time. Sorry I switched now.

I sent two phones on 8 Oct that are several days late now.  Tracking just says arriving late, I don’t have a lot of hope for them arriving…. I chatted last night with the TMobile rep and they just said don’t worry.

Im not going to get upset yet, but if it ends up that Im out two perfectly good phones and don’t get my trade in credit I will pay off these new phones and leave T-Mobile never to return…

Badge

My tracking slip still says in transit but I got 3 separate emails from TMobile saying they were all received and assessed.

I got a credit of $138 for each iphone XR I sent in (2) and $427 for an iphone 11 pro max.

I was supposed to get $800 per each XR and $1000 for the 11 pro max.  They also credited the total amount of the trade in value to my account so the 1st payment did not get processed since it said I had a balance of -$703. This has been messed up from day one.

I have a new question. As i’m reading all these replies, could someone help me? I sent my phone as damaged to assurant and received a new iphone xs. The damaged phone got lost with USPS. I’ve called tmobile twice now about the lost phone charge and have also been given the run around. I want to know what I can do to not pay this charge for the lost phone as it was not my fault. I’ve called and filed a claim with USPS as well as assurant but have heard nothing back from them. 

Badge

I am having the same issue, I sent back 4 phones and one never has been received yet. T-Mobile said you can take to the store but I went to a couple stores and they said they couldn’t send the phones back. I filed a complain with the PO but no resolution yet!