Question

Verizon to T-mobile switch - termination fee and other issues

• 21 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m planning to switch from Verizon to T-mobile as they mention about paying device amount 

• T-mobile going to cover any termination fee? (Verizon)
  • T-mobile allows me to take new phones?
  • Device payment allowed for how many lines?
  • If I take 1 + 1 offer, what is the due amount paid by T-Mobile? (just for 1 phone only??)
  • What are the things need to keep in mind before switching?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I’m planning to switch from Verizon to T-mobile as they mention about paying device amount 

• T-mobile going to cover any termination fee? (Verizon)
  • T-mobile allows me to take new phones?
  • Device payment allowed for how many lines?
  • If I take 1 + 1 offer, what is the due amount paid by T-Mobile? (just for 1 phone only??)
  • What are the things need to keep in mind before switching?

I don’t know the financial ins and outs of the deal but just wanted to say that the two most important things are:

1. Make sure that T-Mobile’s coverage and service meet your needs before you port over. One way you can do this by getting a Mint Mobile starter kit for $5 or less and see how it works in the places you go the most. The starter kit give you one week of service, 100 minutes and 100 MB of data. Don’t trust T-Mobile’s maps. Check CellMapper.net or RootMetric’s maps.
  2. Don’t burn your bridges too soon. The instant you hand over any trade in devices, they vaporize. You may be able to rescind the deal under “buyer’s remorse” and go back to Verizon but you can’t get your trade-in phones back. They let you delay handing over your trade-in phones for two weeks. Take advantage of it.