Question

Very specific post-merger port-in question (Sprint to T-Mobile post-merger)

• 19 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I was a Sprint customer on-and-off for over 3 years. I ported my number out of Sprint last month (12/2020) to Red Pocket (AT&T network).
I now want to port that number to T-Mobile, on an unused line on my son-in-law's account (he is the PAH).
  Note: My spouse has "Full Access" (Administrative privileges)on that account, but is not the PAH.

The account is a Magenta account (SOC code MAGENTA2)
The unused line was added as part of the recent "2020 Line on US 4" promotion on 12/22/2020.
I have the SIM that was ordered as part of that promotion. I want to use that SIM in a paid-off/unlocked Apple iPhone Xr.

Are there any restrictions around porting in my number from Red Pocket over the initially-assigned number that I should be aware of? Perhaps a 90-day waiting period between Sprint && T-Mobile?

I specifically want the port-in to be smooth/routine and do not want the "2020 Line on US 4" line to somehow no longer be free.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I don’t know. I’ve seen a number of complaints about a “Line on us” that stops being “on us” for various reasons.

Badge

I don’t know. I’ve seen a number of complaints about a “Line on us” that stops being “on us” for various reasons.

As you might perceive, I am concerned about the lore around T-Mobile Account Management Voodoo.

Can you elaborate on “seen a number of complaints about a “Line on us” that stops being “on us” for various reasons”? Perhaps links to posts? TIA

Badge

Response from T-Force (via Twitter):

In regards to porting in to T-Mobile from Red Pocket after you ported out from Sprint, there is no waiting period or anything like that. You son in law will just need your number that you want to port over, the account number for Red Pocket and the account PIN for Red Pocket. The actual port in process takes about 24 hours at that point and then you're good to go!