Solved

Visual Voicemail Not Working Due to Pin Entry Issue

• 27 March 2019
  • 17 replies

I have recently switched to Tmobile and found that my Voicemail was still being recorded after a missed call, but I couldn't access any of the voicemail messages.  I just downloaded Visual Voicemail, and the app asked me to enter a new pin number after downloading. The app yielded a message stating that my pin could not be updated when I entered a number combination, and also provided a separate message stating that my phone number could not be used when I entered the last 4 digits of my number. The app provides instruction that the number #793# can be entered to return the pin to the last 4 digits of the user's phone number, but this is not possible as there is no means to enter the # character from the keyboard provided, and the # character cannot be pasted into the pin field.  Please advise.

icon

Best answer by magentatechie 27 March 2019, 23:51

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello, the #793# is used from your phone's dialer.  It sends a short code that automatically resets the PIN to the last 4 digits of your phone number.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there!

magentatechie has a great suggestion. Please give it a try and let us know if that works. Thanks!

It didn't work for me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It didn't work for me. 

you typed this into the dial pad as if you were attempting to call someone or within the VM app itself?

Even though this is two years old. The app still doesn’t work. The auto reset for the password works, but the issue is that it wants a new pin put in and it will not accept any new pins that are put into it. The only fix is for an update that erases that function. 

I recently switched to T Mobile. My wife and I have the same model phone, Motorola One 5G Ace. I loaded T-Mobile Visual Voice mail on my phone with no problem. When I tried to load it on my wife’s phone I ran into exactly the same problem described above. I dialed #793# multiple time to no avail. I uninstalled the app multiple times and reinstalled it from Google Play multiple time still to no avail. Rebooting didn’t help either. I want to add one more detail to the above. When the installation failed i got the message ‘change_tui_pwd’. I was on the phone for hours waiting on tech support. When I got them they were as stumped as I was. They suggested using the ‘My Visual Voicemail’ app instead. That seemed to work. The message change_tui_pwd looks like a programmer put that in for some reason and unless T Mobile goes back to him I don’t think we will find a solution.

The top description indicates the problem is solved. It is not. I anyone trying to fix the problem?

The top description indicates the problem is solved. It is not. I anyone trying to fix the problem?

I think I figured it out. I was having this issue as well. Go into the Visual Voicemail app info, and then go into the storage and cache. Clear both of them out. Then, relaunch the app. This solved the issue for me.

Garrett, clearing the storage and cache did the trick. As I mentioned earlier, I was on the phone for hours to get voicemail to work and they did not have a clue. I also went to two T-Mobile stores and they were stumped as well. Thanks for replying to my problem.

It did not do the trick for me unfortunately 

Clearing the Data & Cache for the Visual Voicemail app worked great for me.  Been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks since I joined T-Mobile.  Thanks!

I fixed this on my phone. I had just switched from Google Fi and was brand new service. I had not yet setup the voicemail on my phone so I went in and did that. I then came back and was still unable to enter my PIN. I then went in and cleared the data/cache and finally it worked. I actually didn't need to enter a PIN it just took me in to the visual voicemail. 

I had the same issue! Was on hold waiting for an Expert support person and saw this post! Went into settings-app-storage deleted data & cache, restarted app and it worked perfectly!!

I think I figured it out. I was having this issue as well. Go into the Visual Voicemail app info, and then go into the storage and cache. Clear both of them out. Then, relaunch the app. This solved the issue for me.

I set up my voice-mail through the phone dialing 123 then after setting it up I cleared the cache and data I reopened the visual voice mall and allowed the permissions and it worked. Good job lui

I set up my voice-mail through the phone dialing 123 then after setting it up I cleared the cache and data I reopened the visual voice mall and allowed the permissions and it worked. Good job lui

You have to go to your settings then scroll to the apps link then scroll down till you find the visual voice-mail app open it and you'll find where it says storage. Press on that it will open and that's where you will find the options at the bottom of the screen.

I just switched to T-Mobile from another provider and had this problem. What worked for me was I had to first setup my voicemail by calling the voicemail number the old fashioned way. This number was already in my contacts. Once that was setup the visual voicemail worked fine. And no, you don’t need the T-Mobile app, you can use the default one on your phone.

A lot of people saying clearing the app’s cache worked too. To do this on an Android, go to the individual settings of the voicemail app, click on Storage, and on the bottom are options to Clear Cache and Clear Data.

How to reset my voicemail pin