Solved

Voicemail to Text doesn't work, yet shows up twice on my account

• 13 July 2017
  • 8 replies

I have talked to several customer service folks about this to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

On perhaps a related note, the T-Mobile website has got increasingly janky since I have joined this carrier. If I open up my browser dev tools, I see all kinds of errors in the console.

On an unrelated note, it also took me 4 days to finally get numbers ported when I was told repeatedly it was done. I'm starting to wonder if I should start looking at other carrier options.

icon

Best answer by magenta2170796 19 July 2017, 23:02

On a whim, I swapped and activated SIM cards between mine and my wife's phone. We tested "Voicemail to text" on both phones and it worked. We then swapped the SIM cards back and reactivated and everything is fine. It appears that there is some weird caching bug that ties the phone to a SIM card. For now, I have it working. Sigh...

View original

8 replies

Whenever you are porting a number from another carrier there is something called dual service where the number is still not fully provisioned on the T-Mobile network for the first 24 hours of service upon porting in. This may or may not have an affect on the T-Mobile profile and it is best to try and clear your cache, and log in once those 24 hours have passed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

As far as website issues go I'm sure the tech team is working on that and as far as the time it takes to complete a full port from one carrier to another that usually takes time.

Unfortunately it took almost 96 hours. If that's how much it takes, that is fine, but they should not be telling customers it takes 24 hours. In fact, in two cases I spoke to technical support who assured me it would be fixed in 2 hours after they did some kind of refresh.

Porting your number between carriers is literally complete within minutes of proper verification of the release info that’s needed for the to acquire the ability to provide you service to the number. If it’s not ready 5 minutes after you enter the account and PIN numbers requested when you tried to initiate the port then you almost certainly didn’t provide the correct account number or pin and you previous network provider is still serving the number within their service network. It has nothing to do with the new carrier nor can they produce you with the voice mail messages you had when the number was on another network because those messages were recorded on the storage space belonging to a company they don’t have a way to access in order to then copy the messages to their own system so you can access them after you port your number. That would be like expecting your answering machine messages to be available to someone who is assigned an old home number you just changed with no idea who the number belonged to prior.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Porting and site issues is a double bummer and I certainly won't lose you because of those @magenta2170796 . I did wan tot heck in and see if this has been resolved or if you still need help. Can you come back and let us know? Thanks!

Unfortunately it took almost 96 hours. If that's how much it takes, that is fine, but they should not be telling customers it takes 24 hours. In fact, in two cases I spoke to technical support who assured me it would be fixed in 2 hours after they did some kind of refresh.

The porting issues are all fixed, however "Voicemail to text" is still broken. At least now it shows up only once on my account for my line ending in 0813, but it still doesn't work. I have tried restarting my phone multiple times and in fact did a factory reset when all of this started. I definitely don't think it is on my end. I have a fairly new phone, an HTC ONE A9 with Android 7.0 installed.

I spent several days dealing with these issues last week and called customer 3-4 times and went into my local T-Mobile store 3 times, where I spent several hours all told. I frankly just don't have the time to deal with it this week.

One other thing, I don't see a transcribed message in the Digits PC desktop app either. Presumably the back-end service just transcribes the voice mail and then sends out a resulting text to anything subscribing to it (whether phone or Digits). I don't get a message in either case. I have tried again to restart phone and add remove SIM card to no avail.

On a whim, I swapped and activated SIM cards between mine and my wife's phone. We tested "Voicemail to text" on both phones and it worked. We then swapped the SIM cards back and reactivated and everything is fine. It appears that there is some weird caching bug that ties the phone to a SIM card. For now, I have it working. Sigh...