Website Ordering Issues

I ordered a S22 Ultra on March 13th online after my local store informed me that there were no devices in my metro area and they told me to go to the website to buy one. I placed my order and got the message that it would ship by March 24th. On April 5th I contacted customer service through the app chat and the rep says that device is on backorder and I should check back in a few weeks. I think that is odd because when I look at the sales page it says it is in stock. After waiting I contacted customer service on April 30th and they informed me my order was never processed. Which is odd because I have been getting emails asking me to rate my device on the website. The rep tells me order again online and she will see if it goes through. But now I am being required to pay $900+ down for my upgrade and not $0 down. So the agent tries to place it for me and she tells me I need to pay $700+ today. I couldn’t believe it. So finally I ask my rep if it is possible it not allowing us to place the order as $0 down because I already have an order in the system. She said it is possible but my order was never processed. But I explain that I still have an order number and I am getting notifications to my email about giving feedback on the device. She tells me to cancel the order, which it will not let me to do on my end. So she reaches out to the order team to manaully cancel it. After an hour on the phone and 2 hours dealing with this issue she told me to check in 3 days if the order was canceled and to go to the store and buy a phone. So basically back to where I started. 

TL;DR: T-Mobile’s website, ordering system, and customer service training sucks and I will probably no longer be a customer in 7 days. 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

This doesn’t help solve your problem, but this will help understand what’s happening. When you order a no down payment phone, the full price of the phone is applied to your internal TMobile credit line. This credit line does not show up on your account but you can ask the TMO support rep how much credit you have.

Once you place an order and it’s added to your credit line your TMO rep may not be able to place a new order for zero down due to your credit line being tied up with your original order. Unfortunately after you cancel your first order, it takes several days to weeks for your credit line to update.

One last note - the internal credit line is pretty small since it’s not a general credit line. It’s only for phones so don’t expect it to be more a couple phones worth. If you have any other phones on a payment plan those would also be applied to the credit line until paid off.

I had a problem once where I wanted upgrade another phone but had my credit line all tied up with prior payment plans so after the TMO rep told me how much I needed to clear on my credit line, I paid off one phone to open up enough credit. I only found out later that it took an entire billing cycle for the credit to get updated. Fortunately the promotion I wanted was still available when credit was finally released.

This stuck order is still there and no one can cancel it. 

since the pandemic every store is doing the same thing. dont know when things will go back to normal.

My other post was flagged. It’s been 3 days and my “not processed” order is still on my account and I cannot upgrade my device without an $800 down payment. I going to Verizon tomorrow. Thanks for nothing T-Mobile. 

It has been 3 days and my order is still on my account and I cannot upgrade my phone without a $800 down payment. I am porting my number to Verizon tomorrow.  this garbage company. 

The store being out of stock was not a suprise, but having my online order not processed but also not canceled is the bigger issue. If it was back ordered then fine, but this is just crappy ordering systems. 

since the pandemic every store is doing the same thing. dont know when things will go back to normal.