Solved

What happens when my phone payments are complete? Does my bill automatically go down?

• 6 June 2018
  • 3 replies

I think we're in the last month or two of of payments on our Samsung G7s, and I want to make sure I don't have to take any special action in order for our monthly T-Mo bill to go back down to "service only".

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 8 June 2018, 19:43

Great question, @trueschool and welcome to our Support Community!

Do you know if you have EIP (Equipment Installment Plan) or if you leased the devices (through JUMP OnDemand!)? This is pretty easy to tell based upon if you originally had 18 or 24 months worth of payments to make. 18 months is generally a lease term (with an option to purchase the phone) and 24 months is EIP. If you have EIP and make your final payment, the device is now yours and you should see a lower bill the following month.

View original

3 replies

Great question, @trueschool and welcome to our Support Community!

Do you know if you have EIP (Equipment Installment Plan) or if you leased the devices (through JUMP OnDemand!)? This is pretty easy to tell based upon if you originally had 18 or 24 months worth of payments to make. 18 months is generally a lease term (with an option to purchase the phone) and 24 months is EIP. If you have EIP and make your final payment, the device is now yours and you should see a lower bill the following month.

Yes thanks, it's EIP, so I'll look forward to being $30 richer each month. Thanks!

Heck yes! That'll be a nice sight to see month over month! 😊