Solved

When attempting to register for MLB.tv, site is telling me I'm not on the T-Mobile Network

Just what the title says. I go to the mlb.com/t-mobile while on the T-Mobile cellular network and it's telling me that I am not on T-Mobile's network for some reason. I have restarted the phone, swiped away recent tabs in Chrome, etc. but nothing seems to help.

Anybody else seeing this issue?

I am on a Motorola Nexus 6 running Android N Beta (maybe this has something to do with it?).

Thanks,

Paul

icon

Best answer by pault949 8 April 2016, 02:27

Found the issue. I was attempting to register through Chrome Beta which uses data compression. I'm thinking that the data the extra step in compression was messing with the authentication. Ultimately, using the standard Chrome browser worked.

Thanks for your comments.

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Yes it's probably the Beta you have installed.  Non official releases actually does break a lot of apps.  Some kind of stuff when they had developer previews of Android M last year.

Thing is, it's not an app issue. It's the registration website that's telling me that I'm not on the network.

Userlevel 5

Did you turn off your wifi?

Yes. Wi-Fi off, on the T-Mobile network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If you say so had the same problem with the Nexus 5 on the Marshmallow betas I had a problem with authentication until roughly the last beta they had.  You can take it for what it's worth, but that has been my experience.

Found the issue. I was attempting to register through Chrome Beta which uses data compression. I'm thinking that the data the extra step in compression was messing with the authentication. Ultimately, using the standard Chrome browser worked.

Thanks for your comments.

I'm not on Chrome beta, but I was experiencing the same problem and solved it in a similar fashion, by disabling Chrome's data compression.

Instructions please?
or Direct link.... I have issues with reading right now so those quick links or instructions would be very much appreciated. I'm having issues with a new service on my moto x and registering...

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @colleen.schake

Just checking in to see if you were able to complete the registration. You should have been able to use another browser if Chrome was giving issues.

no but this is for tv site anyhow I guess I really was having issues reading! LOL
I got message to register because the person I called to set up a new phone, didn't set my account correctly. I'll find another post to get it taken care of if I can't figure it out now that I'm better.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ah okay. Thanks for replying back anyway. The MLB registration period has closed so that site won't have that option anymore. Were we at least able take to care of your account?