Solved

when will prepaid account access come back on-line

• 1 February 2020
  • 9 replies

After signing in I get this message:

We're making updates to your Mobile Internet account support experience!

While we update and optimize your experience, please contact 800-937-8997

at this page:

https://my.t-mobile.com/prepaidmbb/home

So when will the 'updates' be ready?

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 3 February 2020, 19:37

Hey sfphoto! I don't see any open issues our engineers are working on, so if you're still getting that error we'd recommend clearing out your temporary internet files and trying again. If it's still not working, please give us a call so we can make sure your account is OK and get this reported.

View original

9 replies

@tmo_ian Any chance you’d have the means to open an issue with said engineers?

I’ve had the same issue, any browser (Edge, Chrome, Safari) using WebKit on any iPhone/iPad. I thought it’s worth mentioning I have two phone numbers associated with the same login, and the phone number for my iPhone I am able to manage, it’s just the iPad phone number that’s consistently throwing this “We’re updating ...” message since I bought the device and signed up ~9 months ago.

I’m certain it would work from a non Apple WebKit browser, but out of principle, I’m going to keep wasting your (my?) money by calling in to support to talk to real humans (who can’t help) any time I need to do something that could be probably be achieved with less time on my part and less costs on your part.

That assumes the cost of routing this information to the responsible engineers able to fix said problem is not insurmountable. Which it may be. Or it has been in my experience as a software engineer finding issues like this in sites of similar usage/scale I was responsible for, years after they were first reported.

It’s broken.  Seems like the worst way to handle customers.  No notification by email, just a dead broken sign in.  No one answering the phones or at the store has a clue.  

I have the same problem. tried Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. Same problem. Customer service can’t help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Had the same problem several months ago. Have you tried another browser? I tried Edge, and had access. Even the website looked pretty sharp that was better than Chrome!

I already called.

I already went to a store.

- was told both places it would be looked into.

Contacted Support at Twitter

- they checked w/ their super (took 15 min) and then said access was 'disabled' in December for PREPAID accounts like mine (not just mine)

The page I get AFTER I log in says "We're making updates" and has said that for several weeks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hey sfphoto! I don't see any open issues our engineers are working on, so if you're still getting that error we'd recommend clearing out your temporary internet files and trying again. If it's still not working, please give us a call so we can make sure your account is OK and get this reported.