Question

why am i being charged for text and calling on an unlimited data plan

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just bought a Samsung galaxy s23 outright and did the prepaid unlimited text talk and data, ever since I got the phone it has been charging me .10 cents a text and charging me for calls, I also am restricted from using mobile data. I've been to 4 tmobile stores and no one seems to know what's going on and they won't help me, can someone please help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is primarily a peer help forum for customers to seek help from other customers.  No one here has access to your account.  Try reaching out to T-Mobile on Facebook or Twitter via DM so they can look into things for you.  You will start at the tier 2 level of support that way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are they conference calls? Most of those are billable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Having any unexpected charges on your account can be confusing and frustrating. While this is a user forum where we don’t have account access, I have a few questions that could help identify why there are charges.

1. Are you texting or calling long distance or international numbers?
  2. What plan do you have for your prepaid account exactly? You should be able to see that on the receipt for your prepaid account purchase or on your bill. It could be that there was a mix up during activation that put you on the wrong plan. 
  3. How are you getting notified about the additional charges? 

Thanks for sharing a bit more information about your situation so we can provide some better options.