Solved

Why am I being charged twice for Jump Insurance?

• 19 April 2017
  • 4 replies

I currently am paying for an new Galaxy s7 monthly. I previously, before March, had a Note 4. I had removed the Jump insurance for the Note 4 as of summer 2016. I currently have Jump Insurance listed for $10.40 and $12.00 on my bill. I agreed to having Jump for the new s7. Also important, I have a Tab A8 tablet on the plan that never receive Jump insurance.

icon

Best answer by tidbits 19 April 2017, 22:13

When you removed jump it was prorated and then you added it which was back dated it looks like. Contact T-Mobile and see if they will credit some of it.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

When you removed jump it was prorated and then you added it which was back dated it looks like. Contact T-Mobile and see if they will credit some of it.

Userlevel 6

Hey @jda813‌!  I just wanted to touch base and see if you'd been able to get some clarification regarding the charges for JUMP! on your statement.  We don't want you paying for any mystery charges!  I have to say, as long as you're seeing both of these charges itemized under one line, I would guess that @tidbits‌ hit the nail on the head here.  When you add a service after the existing cycle has already been billed, on the following cycle you'd see a prorated back-charge and the full month's charge for the current period.  Does that make sense for the timeline of your upgrade and bill cycles? 

- Marissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Just checking to see if the comments above helped you out. Please let us know if that makes sense. Thanks!

Userlevel 6

Hiya @jda813​!  I just wanted to drop in again and see if you'd had a chance to check your itemized statement for dates for the charges to see if proration makes sense.  Please let us know if you still have any questions!  Thanks! 😊

- Marissa