Question

Why am I unable to move beyond payment setup when adding a new line?

• 11 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have done the following steps: 

1. Log in to the T-Mobile app or T-Mobile.com.
  2. (App only) Tap SHOP, and then tap Add a line.
  3. (T-Mobile.com only) Click Add a person or device to my account in the “I want to…" section.
  4. Select your device.
  5. Select your color, memory variant, and pricing option, and click Add to a new line.
  6. Make or review plan selections and click Add a new line.
  7. Select Yes, I want to trade in a device if you would like to trade in a device. Otherwise, select No thanks, skip trade-in.
  8. Enter the trade-in device information (dial *#06# to get your phone's IMEI, or find it in phone settings), then click Continue.
  9. Provide information on the condition of your trade-in, then click Continue.
  10. Click Trade in this phone.
  11. Select Continue, or select No, I’ll take my chances to opt out of insurance.
  12. Confirm your order details and pricing, then click Continue to shipping.
  13. Select your shipping method and review the address section. Edit the address if necessary, then click Continue to payment.
  14. Enter your payment details and check the Customer Agreement box to confirm consent of the T-Mobile Terms and Conditions, then select Accept & Continue.
  15. Sign your EIP (Equipment Installment Plan) agreement if you are financing your device with T-Mobile.
  16. Click Submit order 

I get all the way to step 14. I put in my credit card information, check the Customer Agreement box but when I go to select Accept & Continue all I see is a brief spinner and then I remain on the same page. I am never moved forward in the process.

I only have one line on my account and the second one was to be a tablet that I was interested in adding. I have input the credit card multiple times (to ensure that there was no user error) and also tried a debit card as well. The issue continues to persist regardless of what I do. I have redone the entire process, from start to finish, 3-4 times already as well. 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I’d try clearing the browser history and delete your cookies. I’d also try the browser in incognito and test another browser to see if that same thing happens.