Solved

why do i get charge for the 3rd line if it said 3rd line free

• 13 February 2022
  • 17 replies

Badge

I’m on essential plan right now from the promotion activate 2 new lines, get 3rd line free back in Dec 2021 (not long ago). It stated clearly $30/line and I got charge $90 for 2 lines plus taxes and fees= $105. At first I didn’t notice it but now it seems like didn’t make sense. Isn’t it 2 lines supposed to be $60 plus tax and fees, so it would be around ~$70-$80/month not $105? TMobile, are you trying to “scam” us with this fake promotion? This 3rdline is not free AT ALL if you charged me and everyone else like that. I need an explain, Tmobile. Unlimited data? The data is not that strong either and slower

icon

Best answer by syaoran 7 December 2022, 12:57

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The $30 a line works out as the total cost of the 2 lines plus the free line.  It’s just another way of saying you are getting 2 lines at $45 per line and then a free third line on top of that.  

It seems to me, if 1 line is $30, the total line fee should be $60!

$30+$30=$60 not $105. 

I have 3 lines on the magenta max 55+ plan, which is $47 per line, I’m being charged $130 for 3 lines not $94, I’m confused by T-Mobile’s math!

I was told the 3rd line was free as well I've been getting charged $20 for it T-Mobile owe me $320 dollars now. There has to be a way to get my money back it's not my fault their employees lied about a promotion that was the whole point of me switching there should really be a class action lawsuit against them

Yes well I'm on the magenta plus 55 account and I'm only supposed to be getting charged 45 a line and get the third line free and now I'm paying 150 a month and not only that but they told me that my watch would only cost my account 10 a month and I've just logged into my account and they're charging my account 15 a month so IDK what to do I'm so sick and tired of being over charged by cell phone companies and yes I think that we should all ban together and start a class action suit against them who's with me 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can always reach out to Customer Care via 611 to discuss any billing issues with them.  You could also try the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter if you prefer.  No one here has access to accounts.

Same thing I’m dealing with is a switcher promotion and I’m post tk get paid off my old plan and now it hit my credit and I’m trying to finance a vehicle and the finance company is telling me I have to pay this off and bring my credit up 10 points we’ll before this hit my credit I was 14 points higher. This is really some bull. I have tried to work with the company and they have me paying for two lines. One only being used and I have a crazy high bill. I was promised the pay off and who helping me now with my credit. This is a class action lawsuit and I’m just simply trying to work with you guys but continue being concerned and put last. Thanks T-Mobile I hope I can come back tk change this post and be happy but time will tell!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

It is broken down differently without actually showing the line is free.  You have to look at the price in full not the amount per line.

For example 2 lines could be $100 and 3 Lines is $130.  If you see 3 lines for $100 then the 3rd line is free.  It may show lines 1 at $50, line 2 at $30, and line 3 at $20 which is $100,  If you didn’t get it the 3rd for free you’d see something line 1 for $65, and 2 for $35, and 3 for $30.

I received a promotion to get 3rd line for free. I accepted it and received just fine. After 25 months. It started to charge me for it. I have been calling everymonth and receive adjustments with promises to fix the problem. The problem stil persist and called today and the Agent denied any promotions and told me there is no promotions on this line and that T-Mobile will not honer the promotion I received with Sprint. I asked to talk to a supervisor and the agent told me, he is not going to help or change anything. It is frustrating and extremely stressful 

I received a promotion to get 3rd line for free. I accepted it and received just fine. After 25 months. It started to charge me for it. I have been calling everymonth and receive adjustments with promises to fix the problem. The problem stil persist and called today and the Agent denied any promotions and told me there is no promotions on this line and that T-Mobile will not honer the promotion I received with Sprint. I asked to talk to a supervisor and the agent told me, he is not going to help or change anything. It is frustrating and extremely stressful 

I am experiencing something similar.  I have had 3rd line free since June 2020, suddenly it has fallen off my account.  I have called numerous times about this but no one can explain why.  A few representatives have added the promo back to my account but it falls off each night.  Going into a T-Mobile store has proven useless, as I was told they’re only there for sales.  I believe Magenta plans are being obsoleted and this is T-Mobile’s way of forcing customers into the Go5G plans which are slightly higher.  If that’s the case, just say it.  It is clear they are unable to reactivate that promo for my account and I refuse to pay an additional $30 per month for something I am supposed to get for “free”.  I will have to find time to send an email to corporate on Friday.  I’ve been calling since June 9th trying to get this resolved and I am tired.

same problem

same problem

It amazes me that they remain unable to fix this.

I am experiencing something similar.  I have had 3rd line free since June 2020, suddenly it has fallen off my account.  I have called numerous times about this but no one can explain why.  A few representatives have added the promo back to my account but it falls off each night.  Going into a T-Mobile store has proven useless, as I was told they’re only there for sales.  I believe Magenta plans are being obsoleted and this is T-Mobile’s way of forcing customers into the Go5G plans which are slightly higher.  If that’s the case, just say it.  It is clear they are unable to reactivate that promo for my account and I refuse to pay an additional $30 per month for something I am supposed to get for “free”.  I will have to find time to send an email to corporate on Friday.  I’ve been calling since June 9th trying to get this resolved and I am tired.

Going through the same thing, for 3 years they have messed my bill up because they offered me the promotion and then the employee apologized months later when it kept messing my account up and said they "were unaware that it had to be 2 voice lines, and they were counting my tablet line that was open as a line". I got screamed at, hung up on, told I had no clue what I was talking about, laughed at, demanded, treated like trash in public by the employees when I tried to go figure out what was going on. Latest interaction some guy was yelling over every word I said, then laughed at me when I asked for a manager since he didn't understand, refused to read the notes and said "we aren't going back to look at anything, there's changes to your account now deal with it and move forward". I filed a complaint with the fcc, will do so again if need be, also plan on talking to an attorney because I won't be sent to collections for switching companies after Tmobile pulled some fraudulent activity for the last 3 years and now want to raise my bill by 40+dollars. This company is disturbing.

same problem

Same problem. They have been useless and ignorant to owning their mistakes.

Yes well I'm on the magenta plus 55 account and I'm only supposed to be getting charged 45 a line and get the third line free and now I'm paying 150 a month and not only that but they told me that my watch would only cost my account 10 a month and I've just logged into my account and they're charging my account 15 a month so IDK what to do I'm so sick and tired of being over charged by cell phone companies and yes I think that we should all ban together and start a class action suit against them who's with me 

FIle complaint with fcc

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Going through the same thing, for 3 years they have messed my bill up because they offered me the promotion and then the employee apologized months later when it kept messing my account up and said they "were unaware that it had to be 2 voice lines, and they were counting my tablet line that was open as a line". I got screamed at, hung up on, told I had no clue what I was talking about, laughed at, demanded, treated like trash in public by the employees when I tried to go figure out what was going on. Latest interaction some guy was yelling over every word I said, then laughed at me when I asked for a manager since he didn't understand, refused to read the notes and said "we aren't going back to look at anything, there's changes to your account now deal with it and move forward". I filed a complaint with the fcc, will do so again if need be, also plan on talking to an attorney because I won't be sent to collections for switching companies after Tmobile pulled some fraudulent activity for the last 3 years and now want to raise my bill by 40+dollars. This company is disturbing.

Did you change your olans to Go5G or Magenta recently?  Magenta no longer offers the third line free for new people moving or or choosing that plan and Go5G does not offer a third line free promo.

You can always reach out to Customer Care via 611 to discuss any billing issues with them.  You could also try the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter if you prefer.  No one here has access to accounts.

I did. And it always depends on who I get. I have been getting credits after recognizing the issue while others say why this could be. The end result is month to month solution. I had this problem until I was finally told we won’t honer the promotion no longer and either you stop the line or pay for it. Even with the agreement I have that says I should get the line for free, they do not even to see it. Their argument is that there is no promotion on the plan I have. My plan was never changed. The only change that happened on the plan is adding the taxes to it. It was obviously a game they played after they recognized they have mistakenly advertised the promotion or added it by mistake from the beginning 2.5 years ago. I do not appreciate they being dishonest about it and not taking responsibility. I am paying off my phones and leaving this company. I am advising all my friends against them. Completely disagreed with the options I was given, but they seemed to be not willing to compromise. 

Did you change your olans to Go5G or Magenta recently?  Magenta no longer offers the third line free for new people moving or or choosing that plan and Go5G does not offer a third line free promo.

No I haven’t changed anything.